new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Leaves you short at the back no ?

hardly...carra, coates, kelly all play centrehalf. granted i'd rather keep Agger in there alongside Skrtel on their current form but
you know Agger as the defensive midfielder would work.

he'd be more likely to play 3 at the back, with agger going forward when we have the ball. i think aagger is one of the best centre backs in the league, but an utterly unknown quantity as a defensive midfielder. agger doesn't have the chase the ball, he doens't have to win it back, he lets players come onto him, and that's not how a defensive midfielder works. also, our defence would be compromised with carra back in it. we're weaker in midfield as a result of lucas's injury, sticking agger in there makes us weaker in defence too. get carra back into central midfield, it's where he started.

failing that, jay s deserves a run, he was good last year.

he'd be more likely to play 3 at the back, with agger going forward when we have the ball. i think aagger is one of the best centre backs in the league, but an utterly unknown quantity as a defensive midfielder. agger doesn't have the chase the ball, he doens't have to win it back, he lets players come onto him, and that's not how a defensive midfielder works. also, our defence would be compromised with carra back in it. we're weaker in midfield as a result of lucas's injury, sticking agger in there makes us weaker in defence too. get carra back into central midfield, it's where he started.

Ah now c'mon a lad in his mid thirties who hasn't played in midfield for donkeys years ? do you want him to have a heart attack ?

I'm not sure if playing 3 at the back is a great idea in the long run, most sides in the league only play with 1 up front (or 3)* so in effect you've got 3 marking 1 (or 3 marking 3, which is just as bad) Also, in that sitation you're giving your fullbacks licence to get forward which is grand for Johnson as he does that anyway with Kuyt covering or Henderson not really being a wide player and tucking into the middle but on the left it doesn't leave much room for Downing/Enrique. And with the fullbacks attacking you might need a defensive midfielder too to drop back and cover when one of the wide CB's is pulled out wide, someone like Lucas ... whose injury is the reason for the proposed formation shift.

I do think in Kelly and Agger you've got the centre backs to play with 3 though.

* Stoke, Spurs sometimes, Man City on rare occasions, Newcastle play with a front 2, anyone else?

Ah now c'mon a lad in his mid thirties who hasn't played in midfield for donkeys years ? do you want him to have a heart attack ?

jayses, wasn't it obviously a joke?

I'm not sure if playing 3 at the back is a great idea in the long run, most sides in the league only play with 1 up front (or 3)* so in effect you've got 3 marking 1 (or 3 marking 3, which is just as bad) Also, in that sitation you're giving your fullbacks licence to get forward which is grand for Johnson as he does that anyway with Kuyt covering or Henderson not really being a wide player and tucking into the middle but on the left it doesn't leave much room for Downing/Enrique. And with the fullbacks attacking you might need a defensive midfielder too to drop back and cover when one of the wide CB's is pulled out wide, someone like Lucas ... whose injury is the reason for the proposed formation shift.

I do think in Kelly and Agger you've got the centre backs to play with 3 though.

* Stoke, Spurs sometimes, Man City on rare occasions, Newcastle play with a front 2, anyone else?

i wouldn't advocate 3 at the back myself, this isn't scicily. i was just saying, if you're gonna get agger in the midfield, that's how.

that game was fucking rigged. it's a racket. hit the post twice, have a peno denied, have an onside goal chalked off as offside, have a player harshly sent off and lose because pepe reina spills a fucking girl of a shot at him. for fuck sake. the game is rigged, yo, that was fucking robbery.

liverpool need to buy a striker who can score goals in january. this andy carroll thing isn't working out.

jayses, wasn't it obviously a joke?

i wouldn't advocate 3 at the back myself, this isn't scicily. i was just saying, if you're gonna get agger in the midfield, that's how.

that game was fucking rigged. it's a racket. hit the post twice, have a peno denied, have an onside goal chalked off as offside, have a player harshly sent off and lose because pepe reina spills a fucking girl of a shot at him. for fuck sake. the game is rigged, yo, that was fucking robbery.

liverpool need to buy a striker who can score goals in january. this andy carroll thing isn't working out.

agreed. what the fuck does senderos have to do to get a second yellow? they were kicking suarez off the pitch. I'm never really convinced by referee conspiracy tales but that was fucking weird.

carroll however is a shower of shite. what a fucking joke of a football player.

agreed. what the fuck does senderos have to do to get a second yellow? they were kicking suarez off the pitch. I'm never really convinced by referee conspiracy tales but that was fucking weird.

carroll however is a shower of shite. what a fucking joke of a football player.

Carroll was poor enough again last night. Had a couple of chances pulled back across the box that he could have nailed. Fluffed his lines both times. Thing is, I started thinking he was shit as well but then checked out all his goals for Newcastle. He showed incredible strength and hunger back then and he was banging them in. Headers, pile drivers, tap ins. It's reasonable to suggest that an immature 21 year old could suffer a serious headfuck with a price tag of 35 mil. I don't think you can lose the ability to climb over defenders and meet crosses, or hold the ball up well and set things up. But...if his head's not in the right place then the rest won't follow. The only positive for him at the moment is that there's probably nobody better than Kenny to set him straight.

Carroll was poor enough again last night. Had a couple of chances pulled back across the box that he could have nailed. Fluffed his lines both times. Thing is, I started thinking he was shit as well but then checked out all his goals for Newcastle. He showed incredible strength and hunger back then and he was banging them in. Headers, pile drivers, tap ins. It's reasonable to suggest that an immature 21 year old could suffer a serious headfuck with a price tag of 35 mil. I don't think you can lose the ability to climb over defenders and meet crosses, or hold the ball up well and set things up. But...if his head's not in the right place then the rest won't follow. The only positive for him at the moment is that there's probably nobody better than Kenny to set him straight.

That's all true, but the only response is that it was a huge mistake to buy a kid like him, for that kind of money, without at least getting some sort of psych profile done to be sure he'd cope. There are people his age who have had big money moves in the past and been fine, but then there's your Anelkas and those who need to feel the love all the time. He obviously loved playing for Newcastle where he was treated like a wunderkind but that means fuck all to the rest of the world. I do have a lot of sympathy for him on a personal level. Hopefully Kenny plus several hundred grand of sports psychologists can give him a lift. I doubt it though.

That's all true, but the only response is that it was a huge mistake to buy a kid like him, for that kind of money, without at least getting some sort of psych profile done to be sure he'd cope.

Even without that there was plenty of evidence that he was far from a model pro. Wasn't he made to live in Kevin Nolan's box room after being charged with assaulting an ex?

andy could still come good, but we can't afford to wait for that to happen. suarez isn't a sniffer, he creates more chnces than he takes. he set up andy twice yesterday, one he kicked straight at schwartzer, one he completely missed. torres would hve buried one of them, stevie g too. we need a goal scorer. there's no shame in having 3-4 good strikers. we have 1. we need more. also, suarez could be missing for a few games if he gets a band for being a) a racist and b) giving the fulham fans the spanish archer. they were booing him all night, and kicking him, and disallowing his perfectly good goal, and not giving him free kicks and forcing him to pass the ball to andy carroll. i can understand his frustration.

bellamy and suarez got fuck all from that ref last night. bellamy ws booked for what? not reacting to dempsey's head butt? and two minutes after giving a free kick for what looked like a peno at one end, he gave them a free kick right on the edge of the area for nothing. rigged, yo.
having said that, keeper dropping a ball and strikers unable to hit the empty part of the target is no one else fault. how many times have liverpool hit the post in the last couple of years? can't they work on that in training? are the goals a little too big at melwood?

Even without that there was plenty of evidence that he was far from a model pro. Wasn't he made to live in Kevin Nolan's box room after being charged with assaulting an ex?
you could be onto something there..maybe he should move in with carragher, get some manners put on him. i'd say jamie runs a tight ship.

another thing.... liverpool may claim they were forced into a quick buy because of torres, but that's shite... why replace an outgoing striker with a player who is injured and won't play for a while, and why not just tell torres to shut his fucking yap and do what he's told. a bit like modric. i know kenny's opinion has always been, if you sulk, you're out, but still.

also, for that kind of money they could have bought cavani or levazzi or someone, you know...good.

carroll could come good, but i dunno, every time he looked like he was getting into it, he'd fuck up something simple.

Andy Carroll is never going to be good enough for anything. Sooner we accept it the better. A better plan B than Ngog perhaps but little else. Would rather see the small lads (Suarez, Bellamy) or Kuyt playing up front every week.

Didn't get to see the game last night but while it doesn't like we were great, it also smelt like a fucking skank even from the brief highlights. Tough break with a homer ref. Fulham probably played better against Tottenham and came away with nothing.

Disappointing but the season is long and we just have to get back on the horse. Spurs/Arsenal/City/Utd are all in title winning form, we need to keep working hard and stay in touch, hope for some better luck in the coming games rather than bellyaching over the squad not being good enough, or the summer buys. Downing for example has tailed off after a bright start, but he's Stewart Downing, we know what he can do and what he can't so its just a case of knuckling down and making it happen. Can't do anything about dodgy homer refs though.

oh andy,
well you came and you played without scoring.
so we sent you away.
oh andy,
well you shanked one into the Kop without warning
and we need you todayyyyyyyyayayayayayayayayyyyyy....to be not shit...

ay caramba! our problem is butter fingers in the nets setting up the odd one for the oposition, and butter toes up front missing 90% of our chances. the bits inbetween seem okay.

i just remember we beat chelsea and outplayed city and then this happens. fuck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back