new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

we could and should have beaten city today, but joe hart is an amazing keeper. we were really missing gerrard, we don't have anyone else who can time his runs into the box for the shot. henderson isn't close to good enough yet. adam and lucas were brilliant, lucas is looking like our most important player for the second year running. hopefully we'll start picking up full points again in the run in to january

I actually thought that the system you played with today worked because of the absence of Gerrard. But then I don't particularly like the cunt so maybe I'm wrong. That was as strong a performance as I've seen from Liverpool in a while actually, and as you rightly point out they should have won.

They're next 6 PL games in the run up to new year are as follows:

Fulham, QPR, Villa, Wigan, Blackburn and Newcastle.

You'd have to be thinking a minimum of 14 points from those if they're to stay in touch for a top 4, especially given the form Spurs and Arsenal are in. Don't think the magpies can last the pace.

They're next 6 PL games in the run up to new year are as follows:

Fulham, QPR, Villa, Wigan, Blackburn and Newcastle.

You'd have to be thinking a minimum of 14 points from those if they're to stay in touch for a top 4, especially given the form Spurs and Arsenal are in. Don't think the magpies can last the pace.

14 is achievable. or should be anyway. although anytime a potentially handy run of games is ahead, terrible losses creep out of somewhere. in shorter term, they gotta be getting six points from the next two games.

even though it was City yesterday, it was the same story from the past few weeks at home. By the end of the game they had created a shitload of chances and only converted one. and that was an own goal so i dunno is converted the right word. downing and henderson made a balls of a few potentially sweet shots on goal in the second. crying out for gerrard to be running on to them. reckon bellamy could have been the difference between the draw and a win.

anyway, not looking too bad at all coming in to december. some poors draws aside, they're on a decent bit of an unbeaten run. but yeah, gotta be aiming for 14/18 from next six games.

Decent performance last night. Coates showed promise but he'll need a few years to be blooded and take over from Carragher. Henderson starting to look more comfortable too. Any news on the Lucas injury, he was brilliant again last night.

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Suggestion by @sms_adrian, having been at #LFC hotel, that Lucas fears he's out for 6 months with knee injury. Enormous blow to #LFC if so

that's an understatement, he's quietly become one of the league's most consistently brilliant midfielders. if this is true there'll be a lot of pressure on jay spearing to plug the gap. hope he makes a full recovery.

spearing will have a month, if he's lucky. they'll have to nip into the market in january and buy someone. cos, frankly, that's shit news.

They've recalled Shelvey from Blackpool. They're fairly well stocked in Midfield so if you're gonna lose anyone for a protracted period it might as well be here.

he's quietly become one of the league's most consistently brilliant midfielders.

Hard to shake the common initial negative perception of a player sometimes, we've a few of those who have really come on but still get stick. Still hear the old "worst Brazillian line I've ever seen" line about him a few times recently, thought he was great against city.

Really sorry to hear about Lucas. If I recall correctly he really started to get uber-stick after he got sent off against us in the cup a few years ago, He played okay in that match but you could see his confidence drained away afterwards. He's been excellent since Kenny took over.

So now you too can chase Rodwell and Fellani in the transfer window. Fucking Brilliant.

huge pity. would only put reina and suarez ahead of him with regards to players being vitally missed from this bunch.

is a fit Gerrard filling in for him a possibility? either way, lucas has become a gap very difficult to fill. testament to the man considering the full on abuse he was getting from media and his own fans up until the start of last season when he showed himself what he was capable of when when the club and team was going down the shitter. dunphy would surely take back the 'worst brazilian in the world' tag on the basis of performances from the past twelve months

huge pity. would only put reina and suarez ahead of him with regards to players being vitally missed from this bunch.

is a fit Gerrard filling in for him a possibility?

Unlikely

dunphy would surely take back the 'worst brazilian in the world' tag on the basis of performances from the past twelve months

Even more unlikely.

Solution to Lucas injury is Agger becomes Redondo. I've been saying it for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back