new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

think they must be taking into account money raised... i know what the unicron is saying, and bulk buying doesn't always work. but if, and it should be so, konchesky, poulsen, kirgyakos, jovanivic possibly joe cole and much as i love him as a player the glass aurelio, david ngog who just hasn't really improved, nabil el zhar and some other lightweights are all moved on, then lfc will need to bolster the squad. the first team needs a couple of tweaks. a winger (ashley young, they say) a left back (jose enrique keeps getting mentioned) perhaps a holding midfielder (m'vila and diarra are being talked about). but the squad is paper thin.

you're right though, kenny does seem to know the score.

do we need a holding mid? does anyone play with a flat out 'destroyer' anymore? lucas has been one of the best midfielders of the season but does it quietly and he can use the ball well, spearing's done a good job, and gerrard's not likely to play as advanced a role these days. we could use someone like alonso, toure, schweinsteiger, someone who can play it a bit. on that note though i wonder if young sees himself as a winger these days, he's been very good through the middle. anyway, in kenny we trust. fingers crossed DC doesn't get himself into an untenable position...

deep lying playmaker, then. i see no problem with buying a world class midfielder. schwieni would be perfect, but really unlikely. whereever the new alonso is, we need him. as for a destroyer, yer witsels, defours etc would do okay, the get around, make tackles and pass. i think if we had a masch-alonso matrix in one player...well, he's be the best in the world. we need that player.

i'm off to check the stats in fifa 11, back soon.

And Babel

We've moved on Cormstarch, so should you.

I think for all the talk about wingers (which we desperately need), and another creative midfielder the defense is going to need a good amount of coin thrown at it particularly the centre. Carragher is going to be turning 34 halfway through next campaign and if Agger hasn't picked up at least one injury by then it'll be a miracle. That just leaves Skrtel and he's been hit and miss this season, albeit improved of late. So a new first teamer is going to be necessary and if you look at how much the likes of Luis cost it'll be a fair whack of any 100 mill being touted. Cahill does seem to fit the bill but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to look elsewhere. Also, can Dalglish/Comolli finally solve the left back problem? We'll need someone really solid (Is Enrique really that good?) and maybe keep Aurelio/Robinson as back up.

Seeing more speculation about you lot signing Taraabt, with us getting Cole in exchange. He would be a disaster for you lot.

that streaker showed more balls than the team yesterday unfortunately.

conspiracy anyone? can't wait to see spurs falling over themselves to score own goals against birmingham next week when they realise what they've done.

howard webb though.... how does he get away with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back