new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Adam surely being bought as a pacy left winger.

Off with Jones to the Scum. Let Kelly play his natural centrehalf position.

Ngog no loss. Went backwards after some promise. Couldnt do the simple things like hold a ball up, bring people into the game and make a pass.

Ngog no loss. Went backwards after some promise. Couldnt do the simple things like hold a ball up, bring people into the game and make a pass.
ah trev, that's hardly fair. you forgot that he couldn't score either, which was the bulk of his responsibility.

united can have their 4th or 5th choice centre back. they can have their unproven 20 year old goal keeper, and they can have ashley young, who plays in a posistion they're well stocked in. that's 50-60 million quid and they still haven't addressed the real problem, which is in the middle of the park. grand.

there was no way fergie was letting liverpool pick up another of his xfer targets. jones is a sabre-rattling buy.

Stories last night that you've bid 5 mill for Clichy. He apparently broke off renewal talks in April and it's widely thought that he's going to leave in the summer. To be honest of what our first 11 probably is he's actually the player that I'd most happily replace, we haven't really seen the best of his game for about 3 years. One on one in tight situations he's excellent and often good for an interception if someone knocks a loose pass out to his side but his positional sense is quite poor, he's prone to lapses in concentration and despite his pace and generally good control on the ball his delivery into the box is atrocious so he offers very little going forward (2 goals in his Arsenal career as well, one was a massive deflection and the other was against Leyton Orient).

i'd take him. good price for an international, premier league proven left back. who would you get cheaper? he's only 25! seems like he's been around for ages. comolli signed him way back when, maybe they're mates. and yeah, he's been off the boil for a couple of years, but so have arsenal so i wouldn't be too bothered by that. could be the new joe cole, on the other hand. i reckon arse will accept the deal, but clicy might just think he deserves better than our lot. no doubt barca will be in for him.

i'd take him. good price for an international, premier league proven left back. who would you get cheaper? he's only 25! seems like he's been around for ages. comolli signed him way back when, maybe they're mates. and yeah, he's been off the boil for a couple of years, but so have arsenal so i wouldn't be too bothered by that. could be the new joe cole, on the other hand. i reckon arse will accept the deal, but clicy might just think he deserves better than our lot. no doubt barca will be in for him.

He's better than what you have right now anyway. We'd have to buy a replacement though, Gibbs is a fine player but breaks in a strong wind. I think 5 mill is an absurd price for him even with a year left on his deal, especially when you consider that Bolton are in a similar situation with Cahill and are quoting 17, same with Villa and Ashley Young. In a way it'd be a shame, him going would mean that there's no one in the squad who has got premier league winners medal that was won with us.

arsene may be prepared to cash in on a lot of fellas this summer, and rebuild. this version hasn't worked, imho. i think they should chuck anyone who doesn't want to be there. that includes nasri and cesc. liverpool were stronger for losing torres after all. big players throw the biggest sulks.

kolorov hasn't exactly set the world alight at city.... and they love to throw money around. especially at arsenal.

but if this went liverpool's way i'd be thrilled. there are precious few quality lbs with prem experience, and europe and international. jose enrique is alright, but after that.... who is there? (outside of cole, evra...konchesky)

Baines, but you'd never get him.

I don't think wholesale changes need to be made for us, some adjustments certainly but I wouldn't go changing 5-6 players. Cesc is a special case and obviously he'd rather go back home, I think if they offered what he was worth to us we'd probably sell but at the same time while he's with Arsenal I think he'll do his best for us; Nasri I think is just grandstanding for more cash, fairly confident that he'll be at the grove next year. He had 3 phenominal months but did very little after christmas, not sure that he's yet demonstrated that he deserves top earner parity. Part of the problem with us is that we've been rewarding failure in order to keep around players that looked like they could be great at 17-19 and who never really kicked on or acchieved anything, Bendtner supposedly wears 52 because that's how many thousand he's on per week.

arsene may be prepared to cash in on a lot of fellas this summer, and rebuild. this version hasn't worked, imho.

I think you'll find it has worked, it's just the referees, the FA, UEFA, FIFA, the fans, the media, Al-Qaeda, The Ra, The CIA, Qatar, and the weather have all conspired against ARSEnal Wenger to stop them winning anything

apparently Inter are offering £11 for Meireles and we're thinking about selling him. Bad move I reckon, with no one as well proven coming in

kit500.jpg

that's fucking horrible

Blue??????? Have they ever worn blue on an outfield strip before????

As for the jiggery-pokery in midfield, what's going on? I wouldn't sell Raul either but maybe Kenny knows something we don't. He was really good for about 6 weeks last year but had the ability to go missing as well, you never felt like he could boss a game the way Gerrard can. It might be a wise move, and if it goes through illustrates the focus on youth.

about 120 years ago liverpool wore blue. it was the strip everton left behind when they vacated anfield. it's fucking rank, what in god's name are they thinking?

as with everything in football, follow the money:
http://www.standardchartered.com/uk/en/
i think s c 's deal with liverpool is worth 45 mil over 4 years? it's a crazy amount anyway. it's one of the most lucrative in ever. fair enough. we've also signed up with some geezers called warrior sports wear for 25 mil a year. that's more than united get from nike.

terrific name, if nothing else. has a left foot, strikes a dead ball, looks for a cheeky pass. looks okay. the new cheyrou?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back