new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Sunderland were in for him too I thought, but with Wickham gone there I guess that's that? 13 million is crazy.
There's talk of Kenny playing 3 up front, hence Wickham/Long interest and the prospect of some actual football.
Everton would be a good move for Long if it materialised.

Sunderland were in for him too I thought, but with Wickham gone there I guess that's that? 13 million is crazy.
There's talk of Kenny playing 3 up front, hence Wickham/Long interest and the prospect of some actual football.
Everton would be a good move for Long if it materialised.

It sure would I've been saying Keane would be a great signing for years but Long seems a bit of a poacher, we haven't had a player like that since Tony Cottee or Gary Lineker. We badly badly need one so he'd be easily getting 20+ games a year and would fit nicely beside either Beckford or Saha.

But like trev says
keep your wallet closed then!

Pity like Evertonians can't even remember what money felt like.

Nope sell to buy policy, Anyone worth 7 mil on the open market is worth double to us really. Take Leon Osman for example, look at his latter half of last season in comparrison to Charlie Adams and he should be worth easilly 10 mil. In reality he'd be worth 1-2 mil if that, and to us he's worth a lot more. What we have and can part with is basically dog shit and if we start losing players worth a few bob we'll be in a reall bad state.

Really Adams/Longs situation is a good example of our problem on the whole. They are players that would fit into our team and we should be able to get and yet their price is higher after 1 or no years in the premiership than our players that have been there for ten years. It's ridiculous.

charlie adam is in. liverpool's revolutionary 1-7-2 formation is on, people.

all they need to do is find andy carroll's massive forehead. then we can have as many as we like.

how long til andy c wants to be called andrew, ala cole and johnson?

cissokho would be class. word is sturridge is an option too. he'd be okay.
still, somewhat underwhelmed by the talent to money spent ratio. surely one sergio ageuro would be more interesting than henderson-downing. although, you could say the same about valencia, carrick, park and the rest, and those fuckers have won just about every bit of tim going. slow and solid could be the way. once we have an ubeatable 8 man midfield, then we can start adding the trixy wingers.

considering no european football next year I think the players in so far are pretty decent additions. granted, didn't take much notice of henderson last year. saw most of the game yesterday. looked like flannagan is starting off where he left off last season anyway. no holding back whatsover considering the game. if a new left back falls through before start of season would love to see this guy get a long run in the team. don't think i can take another season of ngog in a red shirt. hopefully he'll be gone before the start.

cissokho would be class. word is sturridge is an option too. he'd be okay.
still, somewhat underwhelmed by the talent to money spent ratio. surely one sergio ageuro would be more interesting than henderson-downing.

why would aguero or some other big name want to come to liverpool? we're not in the champions league and are basically below the level he's at in spain. and why would we want to sign him? we've got suarez, and they're basically filling the same space. then he'd be on massive wages and the market itself is insanely over-inflated. we've spent £35m on carroll, and close to £50m on downing, adam, and henderson, but none of the four of them will be on wages close to whatever aguero would be looking for. maybe downing but I doubt it.
obviously there are question marks over henderson's ability to realise his potential, and adam's fitness, but we know downing's a bit class. we ended up 6th last year after a shocking start. there's not much happening for the other big clubs and we're not far off. I honestly think with a decent spud in at LB (no harm to flanagan but it's a long season and he's still a bit green) we'll have a very enjoyable season. i mean we didn't need to spend £14m on kenny dalglish

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back