new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Bibs and cones man, surely? Someone has to do it now that Sammy is gone. Hopefully Kenny lets Stan do the interviews though.

why would aguero or some other big name want to come to liverpool? we're not in the champions league and are basically below the level he's at in spain. and why would we want to sign him? we've got suarez, and they're basically filling the same space. then he'd be on massive wages and the market itself is insanely over-inflated. we've spent £35m on carroll, and close to £50m on downing, adam, and henderson, but none of the four of them will be on wages close to whatever aguero would be looking for. maybe downing but I doubt it.
obviously there are question marks over henderson's ability to realise his potential, and adam's fitness, but we know downing's a bit class. we ended up 6th last year after a shocking start. there's not much happening for the other big clubs and we're not far off. I honestly think with a decent spud in at LB (no harm to flanagan but it's a long season and he's still a bit green) we'll have a very enjoyable season. i mean we didn't need to spend £14m on kenny dalglish
well...why do footballers go anywhere? money of course. there was talk of sergio going to juve, and they're worse than we are. money money money. why did tevez go to city? etc.

yeah but that's sort of the point - the aim at the minute is to get the wage bill down by buying young players to build up. Aguero reportedly wanted £120k pw from chelski. he's not worth it.

yeah but that's sort of the point - the aim at the minute is to get the wage bill down by buying young players to build up. Aguero reportedly wanted £120k pw from chelski. he's not worth it.

While I agree that we're unlikely to start handing out contracts of over £100k per week these days and especially after we went for Carroll, Agüero is one of the few "top top" proven players playing outside the Champions League who is up for grabs. He's better than Tevez I think, and he also has shed that Argentine habit of believe he's a 10 (to be like Diego of course) and is actually just a striker who is now scoring loads of goals. Big future ahead of him wherever he goes I think. Also he did have some kind of fake Liverpool affiliation where he said he loved us while he was playing for Independiente in 2006 after we won in Istanbul, supposedly us and Bayern were sniffing around him but Atleti took the plunge.

But enough of that... this Stan rumour has to be false surely? It has massive potential for hilarity otherwise. Probably in a bad way.

Stan might have been a shit manager but no one has ever doubted his coaching ability.
If The King wants him then thats okay by me...regardless of the fact that i could offer a whole lot more at Melwood.

Downing in. Can he do it on a wet windy night in Irishtown? Yep he can.

Nope sell to buy policy, Anyone worth 7 mil on the open market is worth double to us really. Take Leon Osman for example, look at his latter half of last season in comparrison to Charlie Adams and he should be worth easilly 10 mil. In reality he'd be worth 1-2 mil if that, and to us he's worth a lot more. What we have and can part with is basically dog shit and if we start losing players worth a few bob we'll be in a reall bad state.

Really Adams/Longs situation is a good example of our problem on the whole. They are players that would fit into our team and we should be able to get and yet their price is higher after 1 or no years in the premiership than our players that have been there for ten years. It's ridiculous.

No preseason tour overseas for the Toffifees either?

well...why do footballers go anywhere? money of course. there was talk of sergio going to juve, and they're worse than we are. money money money. why did tevez go to city? etc.

fuck off...i play for the love of the game.

I watched the Galatasary game earlier and Liverpool were terrible, there was no need for all those midfielders to be brought in as the big problem you seem to have is still in defence. Poulson had an absolute stinker and Carroll still didn't look 100% right. Maybe you should buy Baros back :p

I know they are only friendlies but two 3-0 defeats on the bounce isn't exactly ideal preparation for the start of the season.

Right, so it's only pre-season, BUT that's 15 goals conceded in 5 games and still a lot of questions unanswered. Namely, who's going to our regular starting left back (can't be Johnson surely, and the young lads aren't ready) how is the midfield going to shape up against Sunderland (Gerrard's out til September, Meireles didn't get a look in the last two games, Aquilani has but is supposedly to be pawned off to Italy again) and how does Andy Carroll fit in (He's looking a bit sluggish, as though the team doesn't suit his style + vice versa. Worrying) The return of Lucas to provide some defensive stability ahead of teh back four and Suarez for the attacking flair should make a big difference but it's been slightly disconcerting stuff so far. Plusses are that Downing looks handy and a certainty for the left hand side, Agger played well (and for 90 minutes) and there is plenty of potential going forward. It's frustrating to see Kuyt STILL being used on the right side of midfield (Surely Johnson in front of Kelly, with Flanagan as back up is the future?) and the lack of a decent left back and cover for CB.
What I'd like to see against Sunderland (and Valenica), acknowledging that Suarez is unlikely to start so soon after the Copa America.

Reina
Kelly Carragher Agger New LB/Aurelio
Johnson Adam Lucas Downing
Kuyt Carroll

I'd happily put Meireles or indeed Aquilani in ahead of Adam but he's bound to start, especially with Gerrard's role needing filling.

Are you not better off with a 4-3-3 with Kyut, Caroll and Suarez (when he's rested) Then Adam Meirieles and Lucas across midfield? Seems more balanced than playing two out and out wingers that aren't out and out wingers.

Uruguay played there best stuff with this formation but they did have the hardest working midield on earth and Suarez, Forlan and Cavani up front.

We played our best stuff with this formation too when we had Cahill, Saha and Donovan in front of pick three from Osman, Fellani, Arteta, Rodwell, Pienaar and Heitinga. need three lads that will put in the graft for it to work.

Lucus X 3 maybe ?

Hands up for Dirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back