new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

i was just jokin about that yesterday, with the doyle link. kenny's trying to recreate the 80s (except with more english men). the scots, irish, english mix. and i said, i hope he doesn't go after some welsh cunt. ha ha ha. jesus, this is too real. even with an xfer fee, wouldn't doyle (for example) be cheaper in the long run?

coates looks very tasty. the greek is gone, too. wolfsburg, on a free. thank jesus.

I only saw the highlights but United looked pretty handy last night. Tore Spurs a new one. I think Arsenal might be in for some humiliation next weekend.

I only saw the highlights but United looked pretty handy last night. Tore Spurs a new one. I think Arsenal might be in for some humiliation next weekend.
spurs are extra shit at old trafford. but that suits me. same for arsenal. them's the pools rivals for the new first place: fourth place.

Marca reporting that Atletico have signed Dani Pacheco, I thought he was supposed to be a superstar in the making.

That's the line alright, but it's become increasingly suspicious that 3 managers have decided not to give him a proper first team birth. Benitez didn't trust him (probably because he was pretty young back then, underweight and not Dirk Kuyt) Hodgson barely tried using him even though he was desperate for someone to come to his rescue and Kenny has decided to bring other players in to the fold ahead of him. The current situation is most telling, with Dalglish and Clarke casting the firmest eye over the options and deadwood at Anfield for the season(s) ahead. Considering youngsters like Flanagan, Robinson and Shelvey have all been given the chance to prove themselves it's possible that the coaches and Comolli haven't seen the same raw talent in Pacheco were lead to believe he had. Or just as likely he's gotten too big for his little boots, is not bothered and would prefer a move back to Spain.

Considering that we look like adding the highly regarded Seb Coates to a list of what's looking like very shrewd and solid buys (Suarez, Downing, Enrique etc,) I'm going to give Comolli and Kenny the benefit of the doubt on this. Back to Spain he goes so.

He's gone on a season long loan. I'm sensing a crazy transfer deadline day this time around. Liverpool have a lot more deadweight to shed.

That's the line alright, but it's become increasingly suspicious that 3 managers have decided not to give him a proper first team birth. Benitez didn't trust him (probably because he was pretty young back then, underweight and not Dirk Kuyt) Hodgson barely tried using him even though he was desperate for someone to come to his rescue and Kenny has decided to bring other players in to the fold ahead of him. The current situation is most telling, with Dalglish and Clarke casting the firmest eye over the options and deadwood at Anfield for the season(s) ahead. Considering youngsters like Flanagan, Robinson and Shelvey have all been given the chance to prove themselves it's possible that the coaches and Comolli haven't seen the same raw talent in Pacheco were lead to believe he had. Or just as likely he's gotten too big for his little boots, is not bothered and would prefer a move back to Spain.

Considering that we look like adding the highly regarded Seb Coates to a list of what's looking like very shrewd and solid buys (Suarez, Downing, Enrique etc,) I'm going to give Comolli and Kenny the benefit of the doubt on this. Back to Spain he goes so.

Pacheco has joined Atleti on loan only, though that said, I think this is probably the last we'll see of him, which is a great shame.

As for three managers ignoring him, I have to disagree. I think he's been unfortunate and to an extent mismanaged and would say that he definitely already has something to add to the first team squad at the moment.

Benitez signed and began to start playing him, however like you said, he was a nipper and Liverpool were spiralling out of control. Also apparently Albert Riera decked him in training, although I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

Then he had an absolute belter in the Euro U-19s in France, top goal scorer and best player in the tournament (better than Canales, for example) came back to Liverpool, got a new contract and new squad number 12 and they appeared to be hyping him up. Made some decent early impressions, admittedly against absolutely muck opposition but was then part of the team that got knocked out by Northampton a year ago (where he was, I believe, like most of the team, appaling). After, that genius Hodgson stuck the boot into the young players and subsequently didn't play him again until he was sacked.

Under Kenny, as you've pointed out Spearing, Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson all got a look in, but all through injury. Joe Cole got fuck all game time as Meireles and Maxi and Kuyt all starting playing very well around Suarez. To go back to Joe Cole, it seemed that there was very much an attempt to salvage whatever they could from that awful awful signing, though that desire seems to have faded and we're looking to shift him again.

Pacheco went to Norwich, set up a couple of his debut, scored 2 goals in six games, but the guy who replaced him on his debut (a 6-0 win) called Simeon Jackson went on a Maxi-esque scoring run with two hattricks and a few others, which he'd never done in his career before so he kept him out of the team for the most part.

So like I said, a degree of bad luck and a degree of fear in throwing on a youngster to do a job when a more experienced, more overpaid guy could come on and do just as underwhelming a job. Hope he blossoms at Atletico. I think our squad lacks ingenuity and guile when we are sans Suarez and Gerrard, he could have added a little from the bench. More so than pinning our hopes on a 16 year old lad for the moment (excited as I am by Raheem Sterling).

My 2 cents.

Edit: Then again, Dalglish left him on the bench when we trying to break down Braga at home and brought on Spearing, so maybe he doesn't fancy him at all. Frankly we were just as shocking in Europe under Dalglish as we were under Hodgson last season.

Pacheco has joined Atleti on loan only, though that said, I think this is probably the last we'll see of him, which is a great shame.

As for three managers ignoring him, I have to disagree. I think he's been unfortunate and to an extent mismanaged and would say that he definitely already has something to add to the first team squad at the moment.

Benitez signed and began to start playing him, however like you said, he was a nipper and Liverpool were spiralling out of control. Also apparently Albert Riera decked him in training, although I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

Then he had an absolute belter in the Euro U-19s in France, top goal scorer and best player in the tournament (better than Canales, for example) came back to Liverpool, got a new contract and new squad number 12 and they appeared to be hyping him up. Made some decent early impressions, admittedly against absolutely muck opposition but was then part of the team that got knocked out by Northampton a year ago (where he was, I believe, like most of the team, appaling). After, that genius Hodgson stuck the boot into the young players and subsequently didn't play him again until he was sacked.

Under Kenny, as you've pointed out Spearing, Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson all got a look in, but all through injury. Joe Cole got fuck all game time as Meireles and Maxi and Kuyt all starting playing very well around Suarez. To go back to Joe Cole, it seemed that there was very much an attempt to salvage whatever they could from that awful awful signing, though that desire seems to have faded and we're looking to shift him again.

Pacheco went to Norwich, set up a couple of his debut, scored 2 goals in six games, but the guy who replaced him on his debut (a 6-0 win) called Simeon Jackson went on a Maxi-esque scoring run with two hattricks and a few others, which he'd never done in his career before so he kept him out of the team for the most part.

So like I said, a degree of bad luck and a degree of fear in throwing on a youngster to do a job when a more experienced, more overpaid guy could come on and do just as underwhelming a job. Hope he blossoms at Atletico. I think our squad lacks ingenuity and guile when we are sans Suarez and Gerrard, he could have added a little from the bench. More so than pinning our hopes on a 16 year old lad for the moment (excited as I am by Raheem Sterling).

My 2 cents.

Edit: Then again, Dalglish left him on the bench when we trying to break down Braga at home and brought on Spearing, so maybe he doesn't fancy him at all. Frankly we were just as shocking in Europe under Dalglish as we were under Hodgson last season.

Fair enough! I think it's true that at this stage of his career he'll be wanting to be starting regularly so the current team set up doesn't offer much opportunity for him. I would have liked to have seen him be brought on a bit more as a sub, but this year we're more likely to be seeing seasoned pros used as impact players, like Maxi, or Kuyt.... or Bellamy...

i think it's safe to say we learnt very little from last night. except that flanagan looks like he's lost his head...potential form player, and robinson looks class. and maxi has an ability to pop up with a goal that kind of papers over the cracks of his humdrumity.

i suppose the best thing was the desire to play a second round tie on a wet night in dorset. meireles looked really pissed off to have to leave the pitch, suarez played like it was a cup final and andy c celebrated like he'd scored the winner against united or something. none of the complacency that cost us last season. i suppose that's a good thing, eh?

coates deal practically done, they say. they also say ngog could play against us at the weekend. they say a lot of stuff.

aquaman gone now too. we hardly knew ye. shame.

Aye, but he was always gonna go. Rafa's man, didn't fit in, his missus had their kid while he was on loan in Italy, injury prone etc; etc; Best to just forget about what might have been and move on. Insua has been cast off too, which is far less of a loss. Get rid of Ngog and bring in another decent forward who might actually be a game changer and we could be in business.

Good interview with Henry here too, again demonstrating the massive difference between him and the previous owners http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-the-club-before-his-overhaul-at-Anfield.html

yeah, we could do with another suarez around the place, just in case.

poor arsenal, eh? not only are they losing, but they can't even claim to be playing the best football while they do it. and spurs? well, that was always going to happen. the mini-title (i.e. fourth) is wide open.

yeah, i didn't want to get the hubris magnet in too early. chelsea may yet spend, and they have a clever manager. they're just gearing up, but all we can do is beat everyone. lets face it, united and city aren't going to drop points.

except at anfield!

oh fuck. what have i done...

cole off on loan to lille
poulsen going to evian
ngog should be off to bolton

konchesky and jovanovic already gone, meireles is the only first team player leftover from hodgson. fantastic.

i think we're looking good, if we get pele, maradona, platini, baresi, maldini, promote rush from the reserves and buy back souness and kenny becomes player manager again we might even be able to challenge man city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back