new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (11 Viewers)

Our emo/tattoo content plummets with the sale of Meireles. Disappointing, but he was looking for a new contract promised by the old regime that made him likely to be moved out. Bellamy is an upgrade on Ngog I think.

shame about raul but if/when gerrard gets his fitness back, he just wasn't going to get a game was he? and the portugeezers at chelsea will probably make him feel more at home. the hodgson purge is complete. interesting about cole and lille. guardian is reporting that LFC is paying 60% of his wages (around £60k pw), in the hopes that lille will give us first refusal when they come to sell Hazard next summer. tried to get it in writing but lille refused, but we're doing it anyway. bit of a gamble.

Our emo/tattoo content plummets with the sale of Meireles. Disappointing, but he was looking for a new contract promised by the old regime that made him likely to be moved out. Bellamy is an upgrade on Ngog I think.
christ! talk about faint praise.

is chelsea where liverpool players go to die? yossi, broke his ligament almost instantly, and now loaned to some mid table team, torres can't score and now raul.

of course, when it's the other way around we always win: speedie, cole, spackman. the names trip off the tongue

I don't get the Bellamy hating - he's a good striker pure and simple, if he played every league game I'd expect 20 odd goals from him
he was averaging about 1 in 3 last time around, which is about the same as he's ever done. he's not a striker-striker, he gets about. himself and suarez can give any defence a complete pain in the hole. pair of pricks.

i like craig, but if he acts the fuck again, well then. sighs.

according to wiki he has 435 games and 152 goals. that's less than prolific. he's never gotten more than 20 goals in all competitions in a season. maybe he's good for the banter. stevie g got on with him, apparently.

sure it's grand, at least it's not benjani or something.

Another bad day at the office with bogey team Stoke. We deserved at least point from the game but silly mistakes and poor finishing cost us (not to mention a blind ref..) Messrs Adam and Henderson's reps will have taken a bit of a knock after that though, the latter for that awful wastefulness (3 attempts!). He was just ineffective for the most part, but Adam had an absolute shocker. His crosses and passing were atrocious and he's extremely fond of fouling his man too. The sooner Gerrard is back the better. The positives are still the continuation of the left side partnership of Enrique and Downing. Downing mightn't win you a game the way Ashley Young can but his delivery is superb. On another day stone cold penos would have been given and/or Luis would have rolled that last minute chance home. No need to panic as we still look pretty evenly matched our direct competitors.

Messrs Adam and Henderson's reps will have taken a bit of a knock after that though, the latter for that awful wastefulness (3 attempts!). He was just ineffective for the most part, but Adam had an absolute shocker. His crosses and passing were atrocious and he's extremely fond of fouling his man too. The sooner Gerrard is back the better.

I know that goal he scored was a bit of a beaut but Henderson hasn't seemed to impress at all thus far has he? He was pretty awful in the game against us and that was a match when pretty much all the Arsenal side were awful and it was still noticable.

that result makes the spurs game pretty much must win. otherwise they'll be level with us already. we shouldn't be able to see these cunts for dust! FUCKING REFS, etc. in fairness, the ref can do so much, the players still have to score.

Must win in September? Fifth game of the season? Jaysus relax. I am planning on getting less upset by the affliction of supporting Liverpool this year and enjoying it more. I enjoyed the fact that we played football all day against Stoke and but for some hometown refereeing and unusually poor finishing, we would have beaten them on their patch, where they are incredibly tough to beat with their baying crowd, long grass, shortened and narrowed pitch, obscene timewasting and everything else. Compare and contrast with a 2-0 defeat last year and the difference was night and day.

0 points is 0 points. at the end of the season it makes no difference if they played well. liverpool need 4th, or we're fucked. and so do spurs. stoke was a disaster. united won't lose there. this is them shitty result that getting adam with his delivery and carroll with his forehead in was supposed to avoid. if spurs win, we'll be relying on them to fuck up. which they'll do, of course. if we win, we're 6 ahead of them and they've got some serious thinking to do. lose and pressure is on, for real. in september. yeha, it's gash, but there are no margins for error. the stoke results in 09 cost us the league.

that's just the way i am, buster, and if you can't handle the heat of the beans then get out of the soup kitchen.

0 points is 0 points. at the end of the season it makes no difference if they played well. liverpool need 4th, or we're fucked. and so do spurs. stoke was a disaster. united won't lose there. this is them shitty result that getting adam with his delivery and carroll with his forehead in was supposed to avoid. if spurs win, we'll be relying on them to fuck up. which they'll do, of course. if we win, we're 6 ahead of them and they've got some serious thinking to do. lose and pressure is on, for real. in september. yeha, it's gash, but there are no margins for error. the stoke results in 09 cost us the league.

United will (probably) win at Stoke because they are miles better than us as things stand at the moment. Chelsea didn't win there and the game played out much the same way as ours did, except they were less unlucky than (though Stoke still survived a few decent penalty claims) Do you think Arsenal or Spurs will win at Stoke? Being 6 points ahead of Spurs when they have played a game less and had to play United and City who are both on fire while their most influential player begs for a move is hardly a statement of our superiority. Beat them next week and that would be.

As for this Stoke results cost us in '09 - its bollocks. Every dropped point cost us just as much as every other one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back