new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

The 4-3-3 is interesting but you're neglecting the fact that Downing cost nearly £20, he's going to be in the team. A fair bit of talk that Enrique will be joining this week which hopefully solves one issue. Jovanivic is being consigned to the 'who were they'? file and Joke Cole is being loaned off to QPR on loan. Maybe.

4-3-3 with Downing Kyut and Suarez up front makes more sense.

For me I think a big lad up fron only unsettles Liverpool. Whenever Crouch played your lot got seriously lazy in the final third, just punting it at him pointlessly. Big lads are a handy outballif you're expecting to be under the kosh and hitting on the break. Big Dunc for example. But you're Liverpool for god sake you are the fucking Kosh!

4-3-3 with Downing Kyut and Suarez up front makes more sense.

I could go for that yeah, but Carroll has simply got to be incorporated into the team. Think of the price tag! It's not like the Keane scenario, this is the most expensive footballer in the league. The thing is, Carroll's actually got two good feet, he can hold the ball up and Suarez can feed off him. The issue is whether Dalglish and Clarke can get the team playing a balance of short passing and when appropriate, the high crosses into the box. No reason why it can't work, but he's going to get a lot of rough treatment from defenders if they expect it to be lobbed onto his head everytime we push on. Agger will bring play forward the right way, it's Carragher's instincts I'm concerned about.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean by unsettled. when Liverpool were at there best a few years ago and kept scoring in the last 10 minutes it seemed to always be because they played it on the ground and kept the ball in the final third for such a long time that the pressure finally told, unlike when Crouch would come on for the last few minutes, then center halves like Jags or Vidic would breathe a sigh of relief " "grand a bit of heading practice and sure if he does get a flick on we only have to cover the space directly behind him anyway" It amazes me how teams succumb to this type of thing.

Are you not better off with a 4-3-3 with Kyut, Caroll and Suarez (when he's rested) Then Adam Meirieles and Lucas across midfield? Seems more balanced than playing two out and out wingers that aren't out and out wingers.

Isn't Dalglish famous for wanting two up front?

he scored yesterday, and played with his elbows out. that's what we need.

there's nothing spectacular in these signings, so there's no chance of a spectacular failure. Kenny's watched rafa and Ged fuck it all up by bringing in unknown quantities, sometimes they're great, sometimes they're diouf, so really, there's no chacnes being taken, which is why i assume it'l be jose enrique for left back, as he knows the league. once we get good again, then we can splash out the serious money on some floppy diva.

could work though. it might just come together.

exeter city in the 2nd round of the carling cup. the second round! jesus, it's been a while since that last happened.

yup. that was so typical of a scenario from the last couple of seasons it was sickening. listened to it on today fm, didn't watch any highlights later on. did they test the sunderland keeper at all in the second half? thought kenny would've left suarez on the bench, and introduced him for the last 25/30 if needed. gotta admit i was chuffed to see him start though. flanno over kelly was a bit of surprise although i was also delighted to see him start aswell. probably had his worst game in a pool shirt so far though by the sounds of things. watched most of arsenal/newcastle saturday evening. however deflated liverpool seemed on sat, they should be able to take three points from the emirates. best chance of winning away there in years. thats not pool optimism by the way, aresnal just looked dire against newcastle with a close to current best 11 on the pitch. lotta work to do for the pool this week.

I think it's a bit early for the hand-wringing, lads. chelsea and arsenal couldn't score, united's defence looked rubbish, and sunderland are a pretty good team on their day. seven of the starting 11 weren't in the team this time last year, and two are just back from the copa america. could easily have been 3-0 at half time and sitting pretty but the legs gave out in the second half. I think we afford to give kenny a chance before writing the season off.

ah i know, i know. it's a bit of theatre. i thought the decision to start and 18 and right back, with a 20 year old debutant ahead of him was wrong. once flanno made his first mistake, and agger bit the head off him, his game nose dived, and he was utterly lost for the goal. and where was henderson then? henderson passed it okay, was neat, was anonymous. he's very much for the future and really, it should have been dirk there instead. or aqua, or raul. also, the adam lucas matrix in the middle is completely immobile. a spearing was needed, particularly to snap at cattermole, who just started to act like he owned the place n the second half. lucas has had a copa america too, and it showed. lets not forget with suarez, he had a massive break in the middle of last season when he bit that other lad and was slowly integrated into the first team at liverpool. close to 3 months off i think?

they faded badly, all of them. jose enrique was good tho. he passed the ball more than adam too. it's good that position is sorted, it was getting silly. ever since jim beglin got injured in 1987, that is, it's been nothing but fucking monkeys. burrows, dicks, harkness, bjornebye, ziege, traore.... god. what a palaver. carra was okay, nothing to report and agger, it's good to have him back. he's a leader and a player. i hope he stays fit, but i'd prefer some real backup.

ultimately we were a bit unlucky. unlucky richardson stayed on, unlukey luis missed the peno (i'd say gyan had a laugh at that) unluck seb larsson got the goal of his life (anfield brings out the best in people, remeber cameron jeromes once in a lifetime (his lifetime, for sure) goal a couple of seasons ago?) but where the fuck was the fighting anfield spirit? a couple of years ago the wouldn't have settled for that. i worry that with adam, downing and henderson, there's no real leaders.

oh, and stewpots shot that hit the crossbar....i'm telling you, on a different day it could have been 3 at half time.

I've had quite enough reasoned optimism from those last two posts lads. I was calling season over after about 75 minutes as we looked knackered and Anfield was doing that anxious nailbiting thing rather than getting aggro and loud and singing attack attack attack. Very very disappointing.

I too thought it would be better to have Suarez to spring from the bench and we were indeed unfortunate to not go in up by more than goal at half-time. United on the other hand used a beatiful double-deflection to get an away win at a tough venue... typical.

That said, Bruce's teams are usually very up for it against us (the cunt) and last year at Stadium of Light was a massive exception when they were limp as a deflated beachball. Speaking of limp, the whole first weekend seemed pretty flat. United only crept by through a but of a jammy deflection after fading a good bit in the second half.

limp as a deflated beachball.

Would that be a red beachball?

article-1221036-06DC253C000005DC-108_468x330.jpg

there ya go lads, we're going to win the league. play utter shite for 80 minutes, throw on suarez and meireles, and bob's yr uncle. that's 'title winning form' i believe.

but then we could play suarez and ten wooden dummies and still win

arsenal are in a serious huff, this was the best opportunity in years to beat them. and it happened, without actually playing well.
it's a work in progress, but we'll have to pick up the points while we're working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back