new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

my heart skipped a beat yesterday when i read on SSN that England were getting another Europa place. Thankfully it wont affect the Pool.

Disgraceful decision from Webb. Not only was it not a foul but it wasnt even inside the box. Someones having a laugh there surely?

my heart skipped a beat yesterday when i read on SSN that England were getting another Europa place. Thankfully it wont affect the Pool.

Disgraceful decision from Webb. Not only was it not a foul but it wasnt even inside the box. Someones having a laugh there surely?
maybe he took ryan babels howard in a man united shirt tweet to heart.

so Pool are after signing Alex O'Hanlon - a 15 year old Irish lad from St Kevins Boys who apparently was over at Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Real Madrid as well.
Hes going straight into the first team for the trip to Villa.

No doubt he will be kept out of the Irish squad forever after questioning whether Trappitoni is Italian, having his hair pulled out by all the other lads, passing the ball forwards, playing guitar on TV, having all his grandparents die in a tragic accident, not getting any texts from Tardelli, and not being as good at football as Paul McShane.

Crazy, ye. That's ten percent of the wage bill wasted on those two bell-ends. Free transfers my arse.

What do people make of the talk of Henderson? Can't see the point of it, especially at the money thats being discussed. The centre of the park is pretty well stocked with Meireles, Gerrard, Lucas, and Spearing & Shelvey coming through.

i can see the logic behind it, same with the logic behind the phil jones rumour. buy up all the native talent, what with the rules changing soon, and because they're young, they'll be on less money, so xfer costs aside, you're probably saving in the long run. but yeah, where's he gonna go? that's not the part of the pitch where we're utterly, miserably dificent. never mind the whole charlie adam thing. where are all these midfielders gonna play? wingers first. left back. back up keeper. and lets see where we are after the wasters are move on, jova, the greek, cole, ngog, insua, el zhar, konchesky...

Phil Jones makes sense alright as there is a need for a centre back. Agger can't hack a full season unfortunately and Carra should be fazed out in the near future, and the greek should be on his way out.

Hard to tell whats gonna happen with Aquilani. Word is Juve are offering only 6m now. Seeing as the club has to make the final payment of 4.5m to Roma at the end of the month for him theres no way they'll accept that, so he could well be back at Anfield next season. Would like to see how he'd get on over a full premier league season but its hard to see how he'd fit into the team.

transfer fees are fucking in-sane these days. and who's gonna take poulsen, cole and jovanovic with those wage demands? not like they have to play to get paid. mental

they're extra insane for english players. 46 million for wickham, henderson and jones. all of whom MIGHT be world class in the future. or might not. assuming any of the deals go through.

there are also mental clubs out there who'd take joe cole. poulsen must know there's no way he can stay. he's terrible!

We're still going in for Adam apparently... so that'll be Adam, Lucas, Meireles, Henderson and Gerrard looking to start? I guess Henderson's coming in with an eye on replacing Gerrard eventually, but still. Where's the winger and the full back and the two centre backs?

We're still going in for Adam apparently... so that'll be Adam, Lucas, Meireles, Henderson and Gerrard looking to start? I guess Henderson's coming in with an eye on replacing Gerrard eventually, but still. Where's the winger and the full back and the two centre backs?

And the striker you'll need to have as cover now that N'gog is gone (wouldn't have rated him at 7 mill myself, but anyway), that's £48 mill in cash to the North East of England in 6 months. Selling footballers to Liverpool right now is possibly worth more to the region than ship building and coal ever was.

Maybe one of the established midfielders is on the way out? I could only see them selling Lucas, his value would surely have risen on last season's form. Gerrard was crocked for a lot of last season and he was also pretty poor, can't even remember a goal he scored. £7 mill for N'Gog is a great bit of business.

bye bye ngog, we'll always have...urm....that...that goal..the one...
anyway. cheers for the 6 million quid profit.
henderson? you don't spend 20 million on the future, he's clearly for now. i wonder is spearing on his way? raul m is more of an attacking player under kenny, so i wouldn't worry about him. and henderson can play on the right. charlie adam though, is he in the lucas role but without the takling or moving about? clearly he's been broght in to land the ball on andy c's forehead against the teams that refuse to let liverpool win, historically speaking. take that west brom! take that wolves! take that stoke... you know, the teams arsene hates.

curiousier and curiouser though, we still need a cb, lb and at least one winger....
i see kuyt becoming our third striker now, and not gettting a start every game. maybe raheem sterling or nathan eccelston is going to get a chance in the first team. or dani pacheco....

linked with aly cissokho at lyon too. class left back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back