new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Suarez is a a fucking wizard!
I love that man. Great great show tonight. Roll on next season.
(Shelvey was pretty dross though to be fair).

Suarez is a a fucking wizard!
I love that man. Great great show tonight. Roll on next season.
(Shelvey was pretty dross though to be fair).

shelvey looks raw as we've all said, but then his pass to suarez for no.5 was absolutely perfect, he spotted him checking his run and slid the ball through right where he needed it. he's very promising and he's built like a brick shithouse. given that neither he, flanagan, kelly, spearing, or robinson were getting a look in until january, the least they deserve is a bit of patience with mistakes they may make - none of which have cost us anything as yet. suso, pacheco and sterling to get some action next season?

i have a feeling Pacheco may go. word is Suso will pass him out.

the fact that its mathematically possible(all going well in fulham tonight and maybe stoke going out to get revenge on city next tuesday - it could be a nail biting last couple of weekends...) for liverpool to get a cl spot with 3 games to go is fuckin nuts. who would have thunk iit after that loss to wolves back in december. some papers talking about cole plus cash for aaron lennon. hes had a dodgy season but rate him as a decent winger. wonder what kenny and comolli's take on charlie adam is at the moment. gone off the boil completely for last couple of months

aaron lennon is brainless.

thought adam played well vs spurs the other day. took bale out as well. talk now though is Pool in for james mccarthy.

he's tevez without the feet.

And the shit attitude.

but what he ain't, is a winger

He was an auxiliary right back for most of the time. He did a great job though when it worked. He's played that position and on the left for Netherlands pretty effectively it must be said.

my point being he's a great squad player. think kalou or park ji sung.

Kalou's not in the same class as Kuyt or Park. Ferguson's sparing but always effective use of Park is one of the weirdest things in football. Only really plays the big games, and then more than holds his own, but can't get into the team normally, which is so weird. Kuyt's scored goals on all the big stages he's been on, Kalou could be replaced by any number of slightly good attackers who don't know what their position is. He probably played "in the hole" or "just off the striker" (not that I'd actually bother to find out) in the Netherlands but could never cut it there in the big time.

There was talk of that a long time ago.
Martin Tyler claimed that Dalglish will get 100 million to spend.

when they tried to sign him before he went to wigan is it?

all i'm saying is that its resurfaced in the past 2 weeks. Pool dont wanna pay 8m for Adam. Thats the talk anyway.
Could all be bull.

And the shit attitude.

He was an auxiliary right back for most of the time. He did a great job though when it worked. He's played that position and on the left for Netherlands pretty effectively it must be said.

Kalou's not in the same class as Kuyt or Park. Ferguson's sparing but always effective use of Park is one of the weirdest things in football. Only really plays the big games, and then more than holds his own, but can't get into the team normally, which is so weird. Kuyt's scored goals on all the big stages he's been on, Kalou could be replaced by any number of slightly good attackers who don't know what their position is. He probably played "in the hole" or "just off the striker" (not that I'd actually bother to find out) in the Netherlands but could never cut it there in the big time.
i think he was an out an out winger in the holland. kalou is a confusing player, alright, but the park thing makes sense. it'a all about markets, eh? i'd say he's payed back his transfer fee a thousand times over.

when they tried to sign him before he went to wigan is it?

all i'm saying is that its resurfaced in the past 2 weeks. Pool dont wanna pay 8m for Adam. Thats the talk anyway.
Could all be bull.
charlie adam doesn't have it.
he can pass, but there's plenty of players who can pass, and do more.

so james mccarthy or charlie adam?

gilly ballbag on sky saying Pool ( and others) have enquired about Mata.

i wouldn't see the point of mccarthy at this moment in time. and does kenny have 100 mil? e doesn't even have the job yet.

He must have the job, and according to Martin Tyler during the match commentary, who is the oracle of all wisdom, he was 'told by a reliable source' that it will be 100 million.
It is looking most like Ashley Young at the moment.

he'll be confirmed as manager after we wallop spurs on sunday
word is dalglish is keen to build an english/celtic core to the team like liverpool of old
comolli's keen on marveaux, dalglish less so. ah, i love the rumour season.
seen the new black away kit? moody.

He must have the job, and according to Martin Tyler during the match commentary, who is the oracle of all wisdom, he was 'told by a reliable source' that it will be 100 million.
It is looking most like Ashley Young at the moment.

For a single summer? I think he must be talking shite. That's a ginormous amount of money to spend in a single window, how many players can you sensibly bring in a single year and have them settle into a new team and not disrupt those that are already there? 3, maybe 4 at a push. Inter used the Ibra money to transform their side into a CL winning one and I don't think they spent 100 mill, they only brought in 3 first team players that summer (Sneijder, Motta, Eto'o) and then supplimented them with a 4th in January (Pandev). The team is looking quite good at the moment, it might be a bad idea to change it that dramatically, always seems to be smarter to make a series of small tweaks over time than one huge one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back