new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Hey, if any of you bought Europa League final tickets in the hope that pool would be there in Dublin, or you know anyone that did (same goes for City/Celtic fans I suppose) and now don't want to go, if Villareal win their semi final I'd be happy enough to take it off of you.

Bwahahaha. What a finish. Unbelievable effort from the lads. Squad is down to the bare bones with injuries, particularly at the back, but that was superb. Didn't deserve to concede, but feels like a win after that equaliser. Dirk with balls of steel again after 100 minutes of charging around. Arsenal can have that for 2009 the bottling shits.

First time seeing Liverpool since the derby. Mixed feelings for me (obviously) Liverpool deserved a draw, Spearing did not deserve that, he was excellent. Liverpool were very well organised, Haven't been able to say that for a long long time. Still lacking a real natural passer of the ball in midfield. Scott Parker and Charlie Adam should be on the shopping list (really there's nothing really wrong with Spearing or Lucas in the holding department) but they need a little spaniard in there. Good defensive display. Pretty hopeless going forward though. Funny how a big lad up front can inspire utter laziness from midfielders isn't it ? and Suarez looked absolutely forlorn when Carroll left.

On the other hand, seconds after the final whistle Sky showed the table and you could feel the hearts sinking where I was United really have it in the bag now, I think half the lads around me wished Kyut had skyed it.

By the way we'll probably only have a bunch of kids fit for Old Trafford next week so I can't see any Scouse favours for poor bottling panic stricken Arsenal.

Overall a huge improvement on the last time I saw you lot. plus Kenny telling Wenger to fuck off was priceless.

Kuyt is a legend. People who say he is shit are wankers - fact is, for the majority of footballers, even the ones in the Premiership etc., football is more about working your arse off and putting the effort in than about skill. HONESTY OF EFFORT!

When people look back at the last decade of the premiership in a talking heads panel show style thing on UTV, Dirk Kyut will be the most praised by his fellow pros, and most pilloried by the fat arm chair press who will state that Frank Lampard was a natural footballer, completely missing the point that Kyut scores goals, works his balls off for the team and is a true pro whereas Lampard hasn't passed to an english player in 10 years. Which i okay for Chelsea (though he's a wayward bastard for them too.) but a real nightmare at international level.

Liverpools most consistant player along with Lucas since Dagliesh took over.

While I'm at it I might as well go the whole hog and suggest that you sell Gerrard and Carra asap. since you can't accomidate Gerrard in the current working midfield and Carra is too old.

When people look back at the last decade of the premiership in a talking heads panel show style thing on UTV, Dirk Kyut will be the most praised by his fellow pros, and most pilloried by the fat arm chair press who will state that Frank Lampard was a natural footballer, completely missing the point that Kyut scores goals, works his balls off for the team and is a true pro whereas Lampard hasn't passed to an english player in 10 years. Which i okay for Chelsea (though he's a wayward bastard for them too.) but a real nightmare at international level.

Liverpools most consistant player along with Lucas since Dagliesh took over.

While I'm at it I might as well go the whole hog and suggest that you sell Gerrard and Carra asap. since you can't accomidate Gerrard in the current working midfield and Carra is too old.

The current working midfield features Jay Spearing, who despite his recent endevours is no where near being a first team regular. Gerrard will happily slot back into that role, although i would prefer it not to be at the expense of Meireles. Maybe Gerrard on the right with Lucas and Raul in the centre? I think Gerrard still has another two good seasons in him if he can stay clear of injury. He may have been a moody passenger a la Torres for the early part of the season/end of last, but he'll be itching to have a full season of good form under Dalglish's new regime. Roy Of the Rovers stuf etc; I also don't think Gerrard would fancy a move after all this time, and with his injury record of late he wouldn't fetch a huge fee anyway. As for Carragher, you don't understand what '2nd all time appearance record' means. Even if he scored an own goal a week next year he'll be kept on, slowly put out to pasture as an old warhorse and then groomed for the new Boot room. I'd be happier not to see him as a first team regular mind, but whilst he's still vice captain I'm sure he'll be hoofing plenty of balls towards Carroll next year.

apart from anything else, you need a role model for the young uns. it's why scholes and giggs are still so important to united. carra and gerrrard a liverpool through and through, in the way that man city don't. which is why they still come across as a squad rather than a team. perhaps i'm being sentimental, but even cesc was in the papers moaning about the lack of lads to look up too. sure stevie and jamie will be sitting around a oilcan fire down at melwood recounting the istanbul final to the youth team for decades to come.

as for your point that kuyt is the most pilloried of players..the abuse stevie g gets. what has he ever done wrong? my old man used to say "but he's never done it in the big games" what? he's the only player to have scored in the fa, league, uefa and champions league finals. he won two of those games on his own. kuyt's problem is that when you peel away the endevour, he has a real lack of technique/ his second touch is a tackle. he'll occupy an attaccking left back all day, but he's never put a quality ball into the box. i think kenny will get in a winger, and use dirk as a striker, let him score goals, let him track back, stop putting the pressure of trying to create on him. when he's good, he's great, but when he's poor...rafa picks him every game for two years. he's an example though, about how to work hard and how you don't need to be ronaldo to make it. he could never play for arsenal, and yet he's exactly the kind of player they need. dirk is a legend, sure, but in a time of relative uselessness.

never put a quality ball into the box? shur wasnt he 2nd highest in the assist table two seasons ago? cant all have been flukes!

but yeah there will be wingers coming in...the amount of names doing the rounds at the moment is madness.

and yes sometimes he is awful and his touch is worse than heskeys.

dead eye dirk from the peno spot though. and playing well with Suarez.

ah dirk. you gotta love dirk. just what with andy c's broad, handsome forehead to aim for, we need someone with a cross in him.
i bought ashley young for lfc in fifa 11 and he's class.

apart from anything else, you need a role model for the young uns..

You sure do.

gerrard_everton.jpg

oh, i see. stevie g wearing an everton top?? wow. i think he goes into detail about this in his snorography. still, he wasn't lifting european cups when he was ten.

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle Blue

philneville.jpg
oh i see, it's tottenham's stephen pienaar wearing an everton top as a younger man. still, he wasn't playing champions league football in his mid twenties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back