new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

this is also why homegrown players are so much more cost-effective, and why getting a good player to re-sign maximises profits, because it allows you to re-calculate the amortisation rate. Torres was £27m in 2007, on four years (i think. doesn't matter)... so that's 27/4 for each year. but after two years he signed for another 4 years. at that point his value on the books has come down to £13.5m, which is what's left after 2 years of writing down at the initial rate. when he signed another 4 years, the rate is 13.5/4 for the coming years.

I heard it was cash up front, but I guess we won't find out either way until the company files accounts next year. You'd imagine Chelsea would want the installments to keep their annual losses down. But when you're looking at building up a stadium over the summer months you might insist on the briefcase full of £50s

I heard it was cash up front, but I guess we won't find out either way until the company files accounts next year. You'd imagine Chelsea would want the installments to keep their annual losses down. But when you're looking at building up a stadium over the summer months you might insist on the briefcase full of £50s

On the subject of installments one thing I learned last week on another forum is that prem rules allow installments to be paid over the duration of the contract signed by the player but if you're buying from outside the prem UEFA insist on the maximum duration being 3 years regardless of the players contract. That might go some way to explain the "english tax" that applies to buying players, you presumably are buying them from another premiership team and if you sign them to a 4/5 year deal you get to spread the payments out over a greater duration.

And that would be 6.5m on Carroll instead of 5.5 if they'd got him for the lower figure, which was the thing that jumped out at me from the Henry interview. .

He also said at some stage last week that going forward over the next few years we will only be spending money that we have generated so we won't be under as much pressure by FFP as the likes of city and chelsea.

Here's a good interview with JWH about all things Liverpool, pretty obvious he's been schooled a bit on some of the answers but the overall picture is that he gets what Liverpool are all about.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/video/?vid=fd1240b3-4646-4676-ac8a-4e299e1dce9e

Guys guys...this thread isn't for technical shit like amortisation and installments, it's supposed to chart the cycle of optimism and despair that embodies Liverpool football club.

it's a sad condition of being a football supporter today

but ok
as it's funny reading back over the last four years, what's the opinion of the last four months? i know we're still on the dalglish bounce, which won't last forever, but looking at all the things that have been put in place since NESV/FSG took control of the club it all looks very positive. at first i was convinced that they'd want to bring in a young promising manager from the continent, but as comolli's got the connections and the experience for long term planning in the market, and clarke's won titles for chelsea with mourinho, they've ticked the boxes. so dalglish seems perfect for the manager's job. knows the club, the media loves him, and fuck it, i love him, i remember reading the belfast telegraph the day he resigned and crying into my dinner. seems john henry really has grasped exactly what the club needs. no one's seen carroll in red yet but i believe they'll be vindicated for what happened last week in the transfer window. next on the list is adding 20,000 seats to anfield somehow, and probably hiking the ticket prices for next season to help balance the books. but what a change a few months makes.

what's the opinion of the last four months?

The recent interviews and soundbites from Henry, coupled with the recent up turn of performances and results are very encouraging. I was sceptical as I think everyone was when the NESV takeover happened, but so far they've played it flawlessly. Since Broughton and co wrestled H&G from around the clubs neck they've been very tactful with their actions, even though Dalglish's return was widely mocked by some as being akin to Newcastle/Keegan. I must admit I had no idea how well he would 'steady the ship'. Wasn't someone else supposed to have done that this season? Anyway Dalglish and Clarke are doing a fine job of stopping the rot and convincing the players that they can strive for more. I hope that they can continue to flourish whilst bringing Carroll and Suarez in and out of the side, and regardless of what happens with the managerial position (he's going to be offered it fulltime isn't he?) that we'll be far better set up for next season that we could have dreamt before Christmas. The redevelopment of Anfield is the marker that ultimately NESV will be judged on, and if the team that plays on it continues to improve at this rate then I'll be well happy. So far so good and I imagine that other Kenny, the chinese one wouldn't have had a clue. Dodged a bullet there!

Here's an interesting fact: according to Chelsea, Torres is worth more than 25 times his weight in gold!

(don't ask what carat)

tumblr_lg66dcuWZh1qdlks9o1_500.jpg

I went there.

Any other Liverpool addicts watch the youth team throttle Southend 9-0 in a genuine Valentine's Day Massacre? You wanna see this kid Raheem Sterling. Not usually one to get overexcited about youth team players but he honestly fucking Messied their defence and scored 5 goals.

Sterling played in a 1st team pre season friendly last summer. kenny gave him a 1st team squad number around 2 weeks ago. hes still in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back