new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Defending is pretty awful throughout, but the 2nd and 4th goals were great. Liverpool should get at least 20 million for him when they sell him to Chelsea.
the europa league's chelsea? doubt they'll be spunking that kind of lolly at players once the money begins to dry up.

Sterling played in a 1st team pre season friendly last summer. kenny gave him a 1st team squad number around 2 weeks ago. hes still in school.
he took those other lads to school right there, know what i mean? eh? eh?

suarez looks the business. hopefully he'll be on a roll now. couple of nice touches from carroll, didn't quite appreciate how huge the guy is. that knock-down for kuyt is the sort of thing he'll do all day no bother. and the longer torres goes without a goal the better value january's business is looking. suarez and carroll will be much better against the shitbird defenders playing at some clubs.

i'd like to know when the premier league will grow a pair and start calling whiskey-nose to account. he's got the air of a gaddafi about him now that everything isn't going his way. media blackout against your own fucking tv station is pure mental. i fucking hate united.

Ferguson will keep trying to retire, but be forced back on the job every time by a succession of crazed megalomaniacs trying to smuggle drugs into his turf. Some day he'll be too old for this shit.

liverpool's performances in europe this season have been some of the worst football i've ever seen, but i watched them all, hoping for a payoff. that was it/ for fuck sake. too easy for brag, total lack of pace meant they could camp up the pitch, put pressure on in our half, and let our slowcoaches be caught offside 40 times a man. jesus, but there needs to be some serious investment now. maybe not being in europe next year will do us a favour an....oh fuck it!

I was surprised we persisted with Cole and Maxi on the wings for so long. Spearing and Ngog didn't do much better but they looked like they wanted to have a go. Lots of sloppy passing from cole, kuyt and maxi and no solution to braga parking the bus other than long diagonals towards carroll. reminded me of benfica in 06 with crouch getting everything aimed at him. games like that are made for suarez and gerrard and i think with either on the pitch we'd have got at least a few more shots on target, I was a bit surprised also that we didn't take a punt on pacheco when we were about to go out anyway. more than anything else i think it shows the lack of skillful players in the squad, why the fuck did anyone think joe cole would be a skillful player.

With such a patchwork defense I wasn't expecting that. Great to see Carroll getting off the mark so emphatically. We're still inconsistent as fuck, but that's 13 points against the top 4 teams this year so if we can find a way to beat yer West Broms, Wigans etc; A seemingly flawless debut from Flanagan at RB, evidence that the Suarez/Carroll partnership will work and further big game performances from the workhorses Kuyt and Lucas.

carroll's second, the header, was pure brute force and aggression (moreso than the piledriver left foot). that's what he's there for. lovely stuff. centre backs can jump for the cross if they want, but here comes andy carroll full pelt, he's jumping for it too and he's bigger and stronger than you and there's fuck all you can do about it. sheer inertia. must be a terrifying sight.

birmingham in some kind of financial palaver, might not get a uefa license for next season...sixth might be good enough for europe.
god, what a depressing sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back