new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Is that just cause to get rid of Rafa though? Don't you think he has a grand plan in mind? In fairness to him, they've got progressively better in the league since he came on board and they've consistently done well in Europe which is very important in terms of attracting talent and making money. He has 5 years now to build on the squad he has and, as it stands, pool lie 4 points off what Fergie describes as his best squad ever. Apart from some tactical oddities and questionable signings (which may not have been 100% his fault anyway) i think he's done pretty well.
but this season it was there in his hands, top spot, and his negativity threw it away. meanwhile he was gobbing off about contracts and parry and fergie and all kinds of shit. just do the football. pick 11 players in positions they can play, and beat shit teams. i get the impression that rafa rathers the underdog tag, than the pacesetter one. and lets be honest, best united squad ever?

i really think we've not been that impressive in the league this season, in general, but that arse and chelseas shit seasons have made liverpools look better. top at chrsitmas. third now. and meanwhile hammering united and chelsea? it's baffling.

Rafa is a mentaller and this season is a premiership lost because Rafa is a mentaller. Liverpool had the luck they needed to soar ahead despite playing mostly shite but couldnt back it up with a sane manager. It's been a very confusing season and I fear for next season if Benitez doesnt get some counselling during the Summer.

i work across the road from whl. half the people in work are spurs season ticket holders. counting down the minutes... we gotta stuff villa tomorrow to make any of it matter.

Your never say die attitude is admirable, but I think you're one of the few still deluding yourself. Didn't you see the Middlesborough game? Saturday is all about pride, but even if we win it's not going to change the end result. Liverpool will still drop more points than Man Utd before May. I would desperately like to hold onto 2nd place as we deserve it ahead of Chelsea, and to make it just a bit harder for Man U to win.

yes

has the return of oh shit to these pages anything to do with liverpools superb results of late?

5 nil. and we wanted more.

unfortunately, i can't see villa doin us any favours in a couple of weeks. if only the middlesboro result had happened a couple of weeks earlier, it really knocked them out of their stupor.

This has certainly gotten interesting again. I'm not getting completely carried away, but the momentum is certainly with Liverpool at the moment. Next up, the reverse fixtures. We should be able to get 3 points at Craven Cottage if we keep things tight, Villa shouldn't trouble Utd too much at Old trafford, but no Rooney, Vidic Scholes or Berbatov will again put their much feted squad strength on show.

It's not the quality of the opposition that will worry united from now on in but their own confidence. I didn't see the Fulham game but the games against Inter and Liverpool showed them looking nervous and bereft of ideas once they're put under pressure. The way pool are going it would be possible for them win til the end of the season, but united will still need to drop 4 points. I still can't see it happening.

Im pretty certain that United will drop the necessary points - they're fairly in tatters at the moment. It's in Liverpool's ability to continue to captialise that my doubt lies. At least it's gonna be interesting one way or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back