new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

dossena's goal was hilarious. hon the pool.

Should it have stood? Babel looked offside when Reina put the ball forward and I would have thought that even though he missed the ball he became active when he went up for the flick against Ferdinand.

Irrelevant when it comes to the result anyway.

Should it have stood? Babel looked offside when Reina put the ball forward and I would have thought that even though he missed the ball he became active when he went up for the flick against Ferdinand.

didnt notice to be honest,

the other linesman made a brutal call earlier in the 2nd half mind. tevez and o shea a mile off. luckily tevez bottled it anyway

Just unbelievable. The images of Kuyt and Gerrard laughing about not making it 4-1, and then the Liverpool bench after Dossena did just that will live long in the memory. Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Christiano Ronaldo - can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Bring on the weekend!!!

Bragging rights aside, this is what happens when teams have a fucking go at United. Second only to our inability to win the easier games this year, my biggest gripe has been that so many teams look at the fixture list and think 'oh, Man U away. Well we might as well just write that off before we even kick off.' As Gerrard rightly said, maybe this result will encourage teams to actually believe they can compete with them.

Bragging rights aside, this is what happens when teams have a fucking go at United. Second only to our inability to win the easier games this year, my biggest gripe has been that so many teams look at the fixture list and think 'oh, Man U away. Well we might as well just write that off before we even kick off.' As Gerrard rightly said, maybe this result will encourage teams to actually believe they can compete with them.

Very true, but would you want them to take that attitude to Anfield? The L'pool/MU derby is refreshing though because they do honestly try to have a go at each other and anything can happen. I didn't see today's match but ye were amazing against Real during the week.. I hope Dunphy is on the telly later. Crying.

Can't be offside from a goal kick, just like a throw in.

Eh, no. That gap then was mainly games in hand.

united did it with RVN scoring a stupid amount of consecutive games in march and april a few years back.
it can be done. oh if i were a gambling man. i knew we'd stuff the bastards. knew it. but fuck sake we should be strolling the title this year.

did fergie honestly think carrick and anderson were going to rein in masch and gerrard. i was suprised, to say the least. the pair of them were so poor that lucas managed to have a decent game. no one sas picking up gerrards runs, and that accounted for 2 of the goal. mind you, you can't predict how awful vidic was gonna be. that's his second sending off against liverpool this season. maybe he's a secret pool fan.

united went out there thinking all they have to do these days is turn up and the game is won. shankley usd to instill the same confidence in his teams, it's part and parcel of being a great team, just believing you are. but results like saturday happen as well. it showed up some of the squad. where was anderson and carrick and ronaldo when things were going wrong, and how poor is john o'shea?

i'd say rooney hated that. narf!

It's true, Fergie got it all wrong. I'm guessing he thought having younger legs in midfield would help them compete with the power of Masch, Gerrard and Kuyt. Big mistake. A lot of the other factors were out of his hands. United's defense are not used to players having a real go, and in fairness if anyone is going turn Vidic it's Nando. He was immense and so up for it.

The biggest element was the timings of the goals and the manner in which they happened. Ronnie gifted a peno and United think 'ah, here we go another stroll in the sunshine.' Then Torres humiliates Vidic and equalizes almost straight away. Second goal, first penalty awarded at Old Trafford for years. Gerrard scores and has the bit between his teeth. Right before half-time. PERFECT. Third goal - United edging back in slowly and Fergie sends on the 97 year old cavalry. They barely have a chance to blink before Vidic is off and Aurelio has the ball in the net. Fergie's last roll of the dice has just been rendered inconsequential and their heads are down. The fourth was just fun as they were a shambles by then. Watching Kuyt and Gerrard smiling after his miss said it all. The game couldn't have gone much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back