new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

i heard Carra said he was too knackered after the Madrid game to play right back and keep up with Stewart Downing.

i presume rafa didnt play darby there cos he was wary of downing and the fact he was already starting a reserve player el zhar on the right wing...then play darby and put dirkhorse at right wing Raf??? hardly adventureous eh?

masch was at right back the other night cos darby, arb and deggen were all on the treatment table. deggen of course never leaves it and actually gets fed there by drip.

and besides i often play nigel de jong at right back for liverpool in pro ev and he does a sterling job there.

Haha just bought De Jong myself as an extra utility player to have about! My Master League team is utterly ridiculous at this stage though. Last season I put United out of the Cup 11-0 on aggregate.
Best current Pro Evo tip for a laugh: Scoring with the goalkeeper. If you bring your keeper and two other players up for every corner, the keeper always ends up attacking the near post. If you get a decent set piece taker to swing an inswinging corner into the near post, and you hit it just about halfway on the power bar, your keeper almost always gets on the end of this ball and sticks it in the net. Toldo scored about 15 goals for me doing this last season, he's amazing at the old diving headers! Also, for whatever reason Lucas is the king of corner takers.

Haha just bought De Jong myself as an extra utility player to have about! My Master League team is utterly ridiculous at this stage though. Last season I put United out of the Cup 11-0 on aggregate.
Best current Pro Evo tip for a laugh: Scoring with the goalkeeper. If you bring your keeper and two other players up for every corner, the keeper always ends up attacking the near post. If you get a decent set piece taker to swing an inswinging corner into the near post, and you hit it just about halfway on the power bar, your keeper almost always gets on the end of this ball and sticks it in the net. Toldo scored about 15 goals for me doing this last season, he's amazing at the old diving headers! Also, for whatever reason Lucas is the king of corner takers.
before i chastise everyone for taking us off topic, how do you bring your keeper up for a corner?

Go to formation settings, then to the setplay settings menu, then you select player to go up and make your keeper one of those players, you can only pick three players to go up.
Scoring with the keeper is amazing!

Go to formation settings, then to the setplay settings menu, then you select player to go up and make your keeper one of those players, you can only pick three players to go up.

you've way too much time on your hands!

It all started when my mate and I used to do it for every corner playing against each other. In all the matches we've brought the keeper up, no-one has ever managed to counter-attack quickly enough from the corner to actually score while the keeper is still 50 yards from his nets!

It all started when my mate and I used to do it for every corner playing against each other. In all the matches we've brought the keeper up, no-one has ever managed to counter-attack quickly enough from the corner to actually score while the keeper is still 50 yards from his nets!

sign Alonso!

ha ha...sounds good fun though...defo gonna try it when i play next...if i conceed you're dead!

watch it...Rafa reads this thread.

Masch played well but he had fuck all defending to do seeing as he was up against Chunky and Sunderland in general. Couldnt cross for shit and had a few pops at goal when he pushed forward.

What the fuck has poor Stephen Darby done eh?

He was injured that night unfortunately, but I do agree with your point that he should have been given more of a chance there.

In the glimpses I've seen of him he's very reliable, good-era Finnan-esque. Not a marauding Alves, Evra or even Insua type (for a more realistic comparison), but a good defender. He was certainly miles better than that fucking coward Degen in the games he's played (all of which he's got injured in, probably because he's a coward). Plus the team is dying for another homegrown player, even if it isn't a star of the team.

That Middlesboro performance was shocking. No one looked like they wanted to be there. If El Zhar hadn't fucked up his sitter Gerrard probably would've got out of his mood and won the game for us, but we deserved to lose. I felt better after that than another 0-0 almost. It was cathartic.

My god, this might be just what I need to bring me out of my Pro-Evo slump!

That was an insane game for Liverpool. Fucking Dossena for fucks sake!

Anyway watch the highlights of Bayern vs Sporting? I was shitting myself laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back