new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

that all depends on what needs to be achieved. the major problem with getting a new manager in is they bring a new regime, and that can set you back flipping years, again. i want someone to come into the mess that's there, take the squad and the staff that's there, and fix it. make those tiny adjustments, pick the correct teams etc. mourinho proved he could do that by taking an existing chelsea squad, making minor tweaks, and winning the league in the first season. lets be realistic, that's what we want, right? to win the league. i just don't see how now, in third with 2 wins in wha...7-8? and 6 home draws, how liverpool are any better than they were in 2002, or 1997, or 1994.

mourinho, though, i don't see as being long term. but then again, who's made the tranisition from youth to first team under benitez, bearing in mind he's bough 1,245 children in the last 5 years. he talks up pacheco and nemeth, but we're never going to see them. he's far too conservative to win the league. i think the squad is good, and once the first league comes, the dynamic in the premiership will change. given that winning the league is all important, for so many reasons, i'd take mourinho for a couple of seasons. til he gets bored and fucks off.

let me just qualify that: mourinho would be perfect for a couple of seasons because a0 he's a fixer, and b) he'll be out of a job come summer.

other "big" names mentioned have been frank rightguard. no thanks. and no-one for who english isn't a language, we'd end up in a big phil scenario. Sven has been mentioned, and sven is alright with decent squads. the man city gig ddin't do his reputation any favours til hughes came along and proved just how hard it. other than that, who's out there? who? eh? someone dutch?

van gaal? 9 points clear in the eredivisie with AZ. proven winner, plays great football.

he'll never go to liverpool...

van gaal? 9 points clear in the eredivisie with AZ. proven winner, plays great football.

he'll never go to liverpool...
i was thinking about louis. he's a mentaller on top of everything else, hugely arrogant, nearly cost him his career. i'm glad he's proving that he can still do it, in footballing terms. the dutch do good football, they speak english, tehy integrate well, but they're all massively arrogant. with hiddink and van gaal it's backed by results (mostly) and then you have rightguard and van bastard, neither of who would work. what about that young up and comer at fc twente? schteve something?

skrtl, masch at right back?
really?
crikey.

Whilst Skrtel had a mare at RB on Saturday, apparently Masch played one of his best games of the season last night leaving Skrtel to lock up at the back with Carragher. Benayoun man of match again. Why didn't you do that at the weekend Rafa? Just to confirm that the other options were shite?

Whilst Skrtel had a mare at RB on Saturday, apparently Masch played one of his best games of the season last night leaving Skrtel to lock up at the back with Carragher. Benayoun man of match again. Why didn't you do that at the weekend Rafa? Just to confirm that the other options were shite?

watch it...Rafa reads this thread.

Masch played well but he had fuck all defending to do seeing as he was up against Chunky and Sunderland in general. Couldnt cross for shit and had a few pops at goal when he pushed forward.

What the fuck has poor Stephen Darby done eh?

Would that be the Finnan who's managed a whole 4 games for Espanyol? Pretty much anyone who can stay fit would be better than him these days.

Might not have happened had he stayed.

At four starts he's still 200% more productive than Degen.

I'm not necessariliy mooting Finnan; I just find it baffling that not only is arbeloa our first choice, he's our only choice.

What the fuck has poor Stephen Darby done eh?

He is local, through the youth system, we didn't have to waste money on him, and he looks like he may have a bit of potential - all things that Rafa is plainly against seemingly! Better off hauling in the 15th donkey with a gammy knee from La Liga or wherever

He is local, through the youth system, we didn't have to waste money on him, and he looks like he may have a bit of potential - all things that Rafa is plainly against seemingly! Better off hauling in the 15th donkey with a gammy knee from La Liga or wherever
rafa has talked up the youth system, bought a million kids, but never plays them. insua is the only player that looks like he'll come through in 5 years. darby looked okay last time i saw him. how bad can he be? rafa is bafflingly conservative. i don't get it.

In fairness he got slated in the press for playin el zhar against boro when things went wrong. It's hard to give the kids a chance when there is a lot pressure on the side and the stakes are so high. I've always been envious of the way utd manage to integrate younger players into the side but then again it's a lot easier when the side is playing really well and with a lot of confidence.

In fairness he got slated in the press for playin el zhar against boro when things went wrong. It's hard to give the kids a chance when there is a lot pressure on the side and the stakes are so high. I've always been envious of the way utd manage to integrate younger players into the side but then again it's a lot easier when the side is playing really well and with a lot of confidence.
isn't that the crucial difference, the actual belief that they're going to win. can't imagine a humiliating shift at right back did skrtl any favoours. i wonder did carra throw a hissy fit.

I'd say you could be on the money there

i heard Carra said he was too knackered after the Madrid game to play right back and keep up with Stewart Downing.

i presume rafa didnt play darby there cos he was wary of downing and the fact he was already starting a reserve player el zhar on the right wing...then play darby and put dirkhorse at right wing Raf??? hardly adventureous eh?

masch was at right back the other night cos darby, arb and deggen were all on the treatment table. deggen of course never leaves it and actually gets fed there by drip.

and besides i often play nigel de jong at right back for liverpool in pro ev and he does a sterling job there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back