new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (10 Viewers)

exactly. barcelona haven't played a decent team all season. la liga is gone to shit this year. assuming liverpool are going out (but hoping for a 4-1 at the bridge) i'd like to see them or porto win it (obviously) but i'm not so sure they will. liverpool on the other hand have hammered the Champions of the World tm Champions of Europe tm Champions of Engerland, the king's finest real madrid, etc etc at their best.

exactly. barcelona haven't played a decent team all season. la liga is gone to shit this year.

Not up to the quality of Portsmouth, Bolton Stoke etc that the Premiership teams face every week?

And Liverpool are out.
Those recent big wins were in games where their opponent still had to try and stay in the game.
Chelsea know LFC need three. They won't get it.

i think that sets up the return leg rather nicely. should be exciting viewing. can't wait.

slightly off topic, i know, but what were ribery and henry doing at half time at the camp nou? it was like the cold war or something.

Not up to the quality of Portsmouth, Bolton Stoke etc that the Premiership teams face every week?

er, yes, that's right, i do understand the implications of words placed together in the form of a sentence, thanks for checking

And Liverpool are out.
Those recent big wins were in games where their opponent still had to try and stay in the game.
Chelsea know LFC need three. They won't get it.

yeah probably

chelsea were brilliant last night in fairness.
as said already, masch/essein the big difference compared to earlier in the season.

Heres the optimistic bit,

without Terry and masch back, if Liverpool are one up at half time at the bridge they're very much back in the tie

exactly. barcelona haven't played a decent team all season. la liga is gone to shit this year. assuming liverpool are going out (but hoping for a 4-1 at the bridge) i'd like to see them or porto win it (obviously) but i'm not so sure they will. liverpool on the other hand have hammered the Champions of the World tm Champions of Europe tm Champions of Engerland, the king's finest real madrid, etc etc at their best.

Liverpool stumbled through most of the season snatching late goals when it counted then turn on the style big time for 3 games, two of them against sides in a slump and suddenly they're the best side in Europe? Come off it.

Liverpool stumbled through most of the season snatching late goals when it counted then turn on the style big time for 3 games, two of them against sides in a slump and suddenly they're the best side in Europe? Come off it.

Which two sides do you see as having been in a slump at the time liverpool bet them? Granted villa had gone to shite by the time they faced them, but united were on an 11 game winning streak and real were on similar form. Liverpool on the other hand had been in a slump until this run of games. I'm not saying I think they're the best side in europe, although there capable of beating anyone, anywhere on their day, but they're not far off in respect to their results in the champions league over benitezs reign (they are actually rated the best team in europe cos of the results of the last five years but those co-efficient tables are a load of rubbish really). I don't think anyone can take anything away from the performances against real and united.

Which two sides do you see as having been in a slump at the time liverpool bet them? Granted villa had gone to shite by the time they faced them, but united were on an 11 game winning streak and real were on similar form.

United may have been on a winning streak but when it comes to their actual on the pitch performances they had hardly been firing on all cylinders around that time.

predictions for tonight please?

I'm saying 2-1 Liverpool. It's a fascinating tie though: Benitez has to go all out and Hiddink has to make sure Chelsea don't relax too much or concede early. How will Benitez/Gerrard evade Essien's marking?

I know I said 2-1 with Chelsea to go through but I can't help thinking Torres and Gerrard could do this on their own if they get a sniff.

Had a bizarre dream about this last night:
I actually missed the game but I got the teletext at half time. Liverpool were leading 2-1. Torres scored in the 1st minute, Chelski equalised after 8 mins, and there was an og on 29 mins...Then there was thirty mins left, and I was waiting for text updates but got no word. The last I can remember I was figuring out it was gone into stoppage time and nobody had bothered to let me know had anything changed.

phew.

i'll be watching this, now. and i wouldn't if i didn't believe it was winnable. so, there you go. believe, men. BELIEVE. and then cry into your pints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back