new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

2 shite teams fighting over who gets to be beaten by Barcelona.

You're awful hard to please aren't you?

What a crazy second half. We destroyed them in the first but two goals just didn't feel enough. Sloppy goals conceded but I haven't ever enjoyed being knocked out of Europe so much. Just a pity it was Chelsea. I HATE Drogba.

The more I think about it the more I wish we had Agger in there tonite. In all our games against chelski he was to only one that ever marked drogba out of the game (in 2007). When he's playing consistantly he is our best defender.

Poor Carra...simply cant mark Diving Diddy Drogba.

Pool could and should have won that and the tie.

Ref was fuckin awful. Gave Malouda and Drogba everything. Missed a late tackle on Lucas for Fat Franks first (granted Alonso should have cleared) and then missed another foul on Lucas (by Diddy) for Fat Franks second.

Anyone know what Rafa and Hiddink said to each other at the very end?

it was heartening to see the players refuse to give up, even after it was pretty obvious that their manager had. i was screaming at the the tv, make a substitution, rafa. no, not that substitution you mad cunt!

am i nuts or is the rule 30 extra seconds per goal and substitution? that's at least 5 mins added on. could have scored thrice in that time.

yet again a daft own goal hands the initiative to chelsea. cunts. and their kit man might want to check his boys studs, kept falling down all night, seemingly for no reason. poor lads.

There's so many things to admire about the guy but there's even more to detest. He's one of the best strikers in the world when he's on form I don't know why he feels the need to ruin this by cheating and whinging in every game.
when he's good he's fucking awesome, and the best players in the world would struggle to cope with him. i'm a big lad but if i tried to barge him, i'd go flying into space, and yet and the merest suggestion of a breach of personal space he throws himself to the ground like a spoiled debutant who's just found a spot on her chin. if he stays on his feet, he's devestating, why act the cunt? the free kick alex scored from was well cheap.

I haven't ever enjoyed being knocked out of Europe so much. Just a pity it was Chelsea. I HATE Drogba.

Same, same and SAME. Unbelievable stuff. A total free for all, but Cech looked liked someone had spiked his Lucozade. I fucking HATE Frank Lampard as well.

Same, same and SAME. Unbelievable stuff. A total free for all, but Cech looked liked someone had spiked his Lucozade. I fucking HATE Frank Lampard as well.

on top of everything, it's the people at Chelsea I really dislike -
Drogba and Ashley Cole just seem like the greatest moany wankers that ever walked the planet, while JT and Fat Frank are not much better. At least with United, I only really, really dislike Rio, Ronaldo, and "Red Nev"

Drogba was going down as easy as JT's mother on Carra's brother.

The first Chelski goal won them the watch though. Totally knocked the wind out of pool's sails. However, Liverpool probably didn't do enough over the 2 legs to deserve going through.

I suppose perspective is always brought up in football and this is a decent column on such:
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/NG163995090414-1453.htm

Also, fair play for Dirk K for getting in with that header. He looked knackered after about an hour.

Win the last six league games now and hope for the best:)

Ref was fuckin awful. Gave Malouda and Drogba everything. Missed a late tackle on Lucas for Fat Franks first (granted Alonso should have cleared) and then missed another foul on Lucas (by Diddy) for Fat Franks second.

He did give yiz a penno that, whille he was 100% correct to give, 9 refs out of 10 wouldn't have had the balls to award.

The part where Drogba rolled himself back onto the pitch in
order to have the game stopped was infuriating. He should
have been booked for coming back onto the field without the
ref's permission. Great game though. In the end, Terry and Gerrard's
absence cancelled each other out. I thought Kuyt was decent as well,
actually turning/going around defenders.

He did give yiz a penno that, whille he was 100% correct to give, 9 refs out of 10 wouldn't have had the balls to award.
in the prem, absolutely, but not in europe or international football, those peno's are pretty common. are you watching fernando hierro?
it was common assault, like. meanwhile, it covered up the absolutely abhorrent miss from skrtl. jeeeeeesus.

when he's good he's fucking awesome, and the best players in the world would struggle to cope with him. i'm a big lad but if i tried to barge him, i'd go flying into space, and yet and the merest suggestion of a breach of personal space he throws himself to the ground like a spoiled debutant who's just found a spot on her chin. if he stays on his feet, he's devestating, why act the cunt? the free kick alex scored from was well cheap.

He's not acting.

The part where Drogba rolled himself back onto the pitch in
order to have the game stopped was infuriating. He should
have been booked for coming back onto the field without the
ref's permission.

Should have just played on with him on the ground, there's no requirement to stop the game.

Great player that Carragher was in the past has the time not come to give Agger a starting place alongside Skrtel? For most of last night, he (Carragher) looked like someone's uncle having a kick about with a group of youngsters, trying to relive the glory days of his youth. All red faced and two yards off the pace. Kind of tragic. Maybe he could go and finish his career back at his spiritual home, i.e. Goodison.

And Reina is dodge too. Seems really error prone with a terrible concentration level. Just compare him to a good keeper like Julio Cesar or Given, and old Pepe looks pretty average.

Great player that Carragher was in the past has the time not come to give Agger a starting place alongside Skrtel? For most of last night, he (Carragher) looked like someone's uncle having a kick about with a group of youngsters, trying to relive the glory days of his youth. All red faced and two yards off the pace. Kind of tragic. Maybe he could go and finish his career back at his spiritual home, i.e. Goodison.

And Reina is dodge too. Seems really error prone with a terrible concentration level. Just compare him to a good keeper like Julio Cesar or Given, and old Pepe looks pretty average.
i think skrtl's been pretty poor lately, but i was shocked that agger didn't start, especially after saturday. pepe's grand, yeah he's error prone occasionally, and that was a howler, but he's not coinsistently error prone, he gets over it pretty quick. some players fuck up and that's them, mangled for months. remember dudek, looked class then conceded 2 stupid goals to forlan and never looked the same again. anyway, i'd have pepe over cech any day.

pepe's grand, yeah he's error prone occasionally, and that was a howler, but he's not coinsistently error prone, he gets over it pretty quick. some players fuck up and that's them, mangled for months. remember dudek, looked class then conceded 2 stupid goals to forlan and never looked the same again. anyway, i'd have pepe over cech any day.

That's my point though, he's just grand, not a Cesar or a Buffon. Agreed that Reina looks mentally strong in getting over mistakes, but he doesn't seem to instill much confidence in his back four. Cech before the knee in the head was a different player, there's no comparison now I agree, but in his first season at Chelsea he was amazing.

I think Reina is pretty decent actually, you could count the number of mistakes he has made on one hand in fairness. Last night was a bad one, but he's saved pool on many occasions as well. Remember the good 'ol days when Houllier bought two keepers for around 8/9 mill each AT THE SAME TIME. Kirkland and Dudek wasn't it? Insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back