new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Reina is worth a couple of howlers a season but he's also worth 2 or three assists a season too. His record at Liverpool is pretty damn good and it's one position that has never really concerned me since he arrived.

That's my point though, he's just grand, not a Cesar or a Buffon. Agreed that Reina looks mentally strong in getting over mistakes, but he doesn't seem to instill much confidence in his back four. Cech before the knee in the head was a different player, there's no comparison now I agree, but in his first season at Chelsea he was amazing.

Wow, for some reason I always thought that Hunt kicked him in the head.
But that doesn't excuse your views on Reina. 'Ah, Richard Dunne is good, but he's no Cannavaro'. Give me a break.

Wow, for some reason I always thought that Hunt kicked him in the head.
But that doesn't excuse your views on Reina. 'Ah, Richard Dunne is good, but he's no Cannavaro'. Give me a break.

You're right. Sorry about that. I'll make sure to consult you before expressing my opinion in the future.

in the prem, absolutely, but not in europe or international football, those peno's are pretty common. are you watching fernando hierro?
it was common assault, like. meanwhile, it covered up the absolutely abhorrent miss from skrtl. jeeeeeesus.

Haha yeah it's a fuckin good thing it was a penalty, he stuck it over the bar from about 3 yards out!!!!!

Express away, just don't take it to heart if everyone else expresses the opinion that you're talking shite.

By everyone else I take it you mean Liverpool fans? I could never be offended by their reds tinted view of the world. There are no better supporters for fighting their corner.

That's my point though, he's just grand, not a Cesar or a Buffon. Agreed that Reina looks mentally strong in getting over mistakes, but he doesn't seem to instill much confidence in his back four. Cech before the knee in the head was a different player, there's no comparison now I agree, but in his first season at Chelsea he was amazing.

There's not really a genuine top class keeper at any of the top 4. Cech and VDS (yeah yeah, clean sheet record, didn't have to do all that much in that run though) are past their prime for various reasons and Reina and Manny (though not as bad as he's widely made out to be) will never be there.

reina's a class modern keeper
he's not really comparable to shot stoppers like given or schwarzer. he plays behind a tactically drilled top class defence and half his job is to marshall that, dominate space in the box, save penalties and set up attacks. frankly i can't think of many keepers i'd rather have

reina's a class modern keeper
he's not really comparable to shot stoppers like given or schwarzer. he plays behind a tactically drilled top class defence and half his job is to marshall that, dominate space in the box, save penalties and set up attacks. frankly i can't think of many keepers i'd rather have

Is that the same tactically drilled top class defence that leaked seven goals in two games against Chelsea, with two of those (away) goals coming from corner kicks? Only kidding.

Is that the same tactically drilled top class defence that leaked seven goals in two games against Chelsea, with two of those (away) goals coming from corner kicks? Only kidding.

yes! in all seriousness
the exception that proved the rule. a few years ago liverpool were leaking goals from set plays but they stuck at it and generally it's pretty tight. when it doesn't work they all stand around like chumps. no spectacular sprawling dives, that's just not baldy's style.

By everyone else I take it you mean Liverpool fans? I could never be offended by their reds tinted view of the world. There are no better supporters for fighting their corner.

By everyone one else I meant those who've replied on this thread, who are Liverpool fans obviously. But few would contend that Reina is a 'dodge' keeper as there's little to back that up. I don't see you making a good case for it here either.
And I agree that Given is a better keeper.

By everyone one else I meant those who've replied on this thread, who are Liverpool fans obviously. But few would contend that Reina is a 'dodge' keeper as there's little to back that up. I don't see you making a good case for it here either.
And I agree that Given is a better keeper.

You win. He's the best keeper in the world, ever. I'm off to get my Shankly beads and say 24 you'll never walk alones in penance before washing my mouth out with a bar of Jan Molby shaped soap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back