new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (5 Viewers)

I think Reina is a decent keeper and would also say that Almunia has improved a lot too this season.
As Unicron said good keepers but not great.
Chech has never being the same keeper since Mister Hunt and VDS while good is also accident prone.

Poor Carra...simply cant mark Diving Diddy Drogba.

Pool could and should have won that and the tie.

Ref was fuckin awful. Gave Malouda and Drogba everything. Missed a late tackle on Lucas for Fat Franks first (granted Alonso should have cleared) and then missed another foul on Lucas (by Diddy) for Fat Franks second.

Anyone know what Rafa and Hiddink said to each other at the very end?

I don't know if this was true but I read, on the internets, that Guus Hiddink said on Dutch TV that Rafa said to him "You won that because of the ref!"

Now I have no idea whether or not that is actually true but it makes for better discussion than whether Pepe Reina is a good goalkeeper.

I don't know if this was true but I read, on the internets, that Guus Hiddink said on Dutch TV that Rafa said to him "You won that because of the ref!"
QUOTE]

well thats what i would have expected Rafa to say.
call it as it was like.

Now I have no idea whether or not that is actually true but it makes for better discussion than whether Pepe Reina is a good goalkeeper.

Well it's set this thread on fire

so anyway

The Liverpool goalkeeper, José Reina, has taken responsibility for allowing Didier Drogba's faint touch to sneak inside his near post and effectively turn the second leg in Chelsea's favour on Tuesday. "It was bad positioning by me," he admitted. "I was too in the middle of the goal. I should have been closer to the near post. It was my mistake. I have to recognise it. That's the life of a goalkeeper."

poet. philosopher. baldy.

The Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, has accused Liverpool's Rafael Benítez of "arrogance" and showing "contempt" in his dealings with fellow Premier League managers.
Benítez has been in combative mood recently, on several occasions criticising Ferguson directly. Now, ahead of United's FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley on Sunday, Ferguson has hit back with a withering assessment of Benitez's conduct.
First he lambasted the Spaniard for his description of Everton as a "small club", before rounding on him for the attitude he showed in dismissing Blackburn last weekend once Liverpool had scored their second goal at Anfield.
"Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said," said Ferguson. "But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed [the Blackburn manager] Sam Allardyce last weekend.
"When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that. Sam has worked so hard for the LMA [League Managers' Association] and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt.
"In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."

what the fuck is puceface bleating on about now?

Fergie's Mind Games™. Load of old cobblers. Someone should bring out a board game for Christmas built around the concept.

respect, bah. from the man who refuses to communicate with the fans via the national broadcaster.

ha ha ha,this is comedy gold. big fat sam is as bent as fuck.

Allardyce has reviewed footage of Benítez's gesture, which followed Liverpool's second goal in their 4-0 victory. Although Benítez is well-known for his hand signals from the technical area, Allardyce insists that his opposite number's gesticulations following *Fernando Torres's 33rd-minute header were directed towards him and his team.
Allardyce's understanding is that Benítez crossed his arms over dismissively, as if to suggest "that's it, game over, job done". Allardyce also believes that Benítez showed a lack of respect by not showing up in his own office for a post-match drink.
"I think if everybody has a look back at his gestures you will see them as pretty dismissive to me and the Blackburn *Rovers team as a whole," said Allardyce. "I was hugely disappointed by those gestures. I think they were disrespectful and quite humiliating. Having looked at them again this week, I think I'm right and *everybody will see why I'm complaining.
"The feeling was that he had written us off. It was open arms and then a *crossover of the arms as if to suggest that was it. I admit it was a hard game, a difficult game for us, and we were well beaten by an outstanding Liverpool side. But in terms of respect, you don't expect those sort of things to happen in a game of football. I was very, very upset by it.
"The game is hard enough as it is without a fellow manager doing what seemed to be an undermining gesture. I then waited to have a word with him after the game in his room, but as usual and unfortunately, he didn't turn up.
"Not explaining himself by not turning up in his office really shows what he is like. The only people I saw were [Liverpool head coach] Sammy Lee and a few of the staff, but he never showed his face. That was just as disappointing as the gesture, and it typifies the man."
Allardyce has made no attempt to contact Benítez to try to clarify the matter. "Why should I?" he asked. "If he can't come into his own room and have a drink with his fellow manager, why would I want to pick up the phone and speak to him?
"I gave him the opportunity by being courteous enough after being beaten 4-0 to go and have a drink in his room. There was no need for those sorts of gestures, and my opinion as to whether I'm right is obviously going to be speculated upon by other people, but I think I'm right.
"He would have had the opportunity to have explained himself if he had turned up in his room, but [he] didn't, so that's why I'm talking about it today. It's in the past now and I'll move on, but I just want to make everybody aware of what I consider to be a lack of respect for me, the Blackburn Rovers players and the football club as a whole."
Asked if the issue would act as motivation for Blackburn's crucial relegation match at Stoke tomorrow, Allardyce said: "It doesn't matter what Rafa Benítez does or doesn't do. In the end, in terms of us wanting to stay in the Premier League, that is what we've been after from day one.
"What I expect is a little more respect from a fellow manager."

Fergie's fucked up today. It's fairly obvious that Rafa was barking orders about the free kick, only for Alonso to ignore them, Torres score and Rafa smile and shrug to say "nevermind".

It's not as if he's turned to the opposition and given them the up yours sign is it Fergie?

ALEX_FERGUSON_422094a.gif

That was only last year you silly cunt.

Poor, relegation-threatened Reading, who had bravely battled to keep Premier League Champions Manchester United scoreless for 77 minutes, only to be faced with 'obscene' gestures from the opposing manager. They didn't deserve that. They didn't deserve that. Such contempt. It saddens me, it really does. I can't imagine any other Man Utd manager doing that...

Fergie's fucked up today. It's fairly obvious that Rafa was barking orders about the free kick, only for Alonso to ignore them, Torres score and Rafa smile and shrug to say "nevermind".

It's not as if he's turned to the opposition and given them the up yours sign is it Fergie?

ALEX_FERGUSON_422094a.gif

That was only last year you silly cunt.

Poor, relegation-threatened Reading, who had bravely battled to keep Premier League Champions Manchester United scoreless for 77 minutes, only to be faced with 'obscene' gestures from the opposing manager. They didn't deserve that. They didn't deserve that. Such contempt. It saddens me, it really does. I can't imagine any other Man Utd manager doing that...

What Ferguson did there, it was just pre-yond the pale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back