new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

He must hate poor Babel. Giving him 10 minutes every third game is an insult more than anything else.

The Robbie situation is getting to me now. It's just not gonna work out is it?

robbie was bought to be the straight guy in a 442, playing off torres. basically to replace gerrard so he could go back into the midfield. but as it turned out torres has been injured, and even when he wasn't, the torres/gerrard in the 4231 thing is much better, they've a better understanding. pool look better playing that system. see monday's debacle for evidence. so for my money, robbie was never gonna fit, but on top of that he's had a chance with torres being out to be the main man up front, and only once in 20 games has he clicked with gerrard. he spends too much time flittering about on the wings, just like in green. he's not a striker. without torres we need a striker. with gerrard, masch, alonso fit, we don't need a meandering forward. i'd have benayoun in the gerrad am role over robbie at the moment. rafa should have had the courage of his conviction on monday, and started with ngog with robbie off him, if he was gonna bring ngog on, why not? dirk-robbie is too much like dirk-voronin.

argh, i say, argh. we need goals. robbie used to score, what's the fucking story?

Over the course of his Spurs career, when he did get a decent amount of goals, not quite 1 in 2, but he's never going to be that sort of player, he rarely got many in the first half of the season.
i think the pressure has gotten to him. he never looks relaxed. never looks like he knows what he's doing. even for ireland he looks like he thinks he's the best player in the world, despite evidence to contrary.

i think the pressure has gotten to him. he never looks relaxed. never looks like he knows what he's doing. even for ireland he looks like he thinks he's the best player in the world, despite evidence to contrary.

That's his problem, he needs to stop thinking and just trust his instincts, he is a natural footballer but he doesn't have the cerebral ability of your Bergkamps or your Sheinghams there Bill.

His-name's-not-fucking-Keano dropped to the bench. Hmmn. Good to see Babel getting a start though and Riera given a rest. Insua in for Dossena is interesting as well, a lot of clamouring for him over the past year, but Dossena probably had his best game for us on Monday. Odd time to make the change. Should be a very interesting game anyway, a definite departure from the fairly predictable line ups so far this season.

shit 1st half. bit better 2nd.

Babel was shit and lazy.
Is that why Rafa hasnt played him perhaps?

Insua did well. the boy can play ball. More games for him.

El Zhar needs more games as well cos the guys attitude is A1. Hes hungry as fuck and wants to make a show of the oppositions full backs. If only Babel took a leaf out of his book.

Hyypia was great again.

Jeez after the Robbie Keane back to Spurs stories of recent days that Rafa has denied you now have this story!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7773239.stm
Which is straight from the players mouth!!

Seems more like straight from his agents mouth! Even so he makes some good points, Babel needs to play to develop, what he fails to mention is that Babel needs to play well to hold down a place in the team and in the multiple chances (18 app.) he's had this season he's been poorer than he was last season. That said he appeared to play good from tonight's highlights and notched a very good goal.

That said he appeared to play good from tonight's highlights and notched a very good goal.

he played alright...mind you keane should have belted him one...for the lack of lifting head up and threading pass through action.

keane was very good 2nd half. lucas was good as well.

hmmm....would rafa chance n'gog and keane against hull this weekend? i'd be tempted.

he played alright...mind you keane should have belted him one...for the lack of lifting head up and threading pass through action.

hmmm....would rafa chance n'gog and keane against hull this weekend? i'd be tempted.

What about the left peg on Dossena for the crosses? not bad.

that's what he should have had the balls to do against west ham.

keane was better, probably because he didn't find stevie g on every blade of grass he wanted to be on. to fit in ngog-keane, he'll have to go 442. i'd imagine riera is on the left, kuyt on the right. no game for babel. and either alonso or masch. hull have big defenders tho, so ngog would be a decent bet, cos he's a big, fast lad, but hangs around the box like a striker should. what's really clear is that he's outscoring both keane and kuyt on recent form, so he deserves a go. and if it doesn't work, flip, off he comes.

i noticed he hit the 100 pass mark in the game against blackburn with 10 minutes to go. not bad.

Hector counts all the Liverpool passes in every game.

Hec, relaxing at home:

StattoBBC_468x312.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back