new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

how/where/why did you notice this? :confused:
setanta's mad statometer, which also told me at half time of the west ham game that robbie keane had touched the ball 5 times in the first half. that is somebodies job.

Same auld shite in the second half, how did kuyt last 90 mins? Even by his usual standards he was crap. Couldn't take advantage of two or three good chances because of a poor first touch and always a yard behind the ball into the box

Argh. Amazing first half. Another incredibly frustrating second half. Can't fucking believe Rafa's substitutions. After the 65th minute we clearly ran out of steam a bit, and the subs were sooo slow to come on. How Keane sat on that bench while Dirk put in his worst performance in a long long time is beyond belief. How can Keane have any confidence sitting on the bench like that? Madness.
These home draws are excruciating. Still, fair dues to Hull. Excellent first 20 minutes and a very good last 20 minutes hanging on.

dirk was as bad as he's ever been, just awful. every attack went backwards once it hit him. but how did rafa not see this? he really fucked up, bad rafa performance. what was he thinking, that he'd settle for a draw. twat. clearly no-one wants to win this league, so i won't feel so bad if these charlatans do it.

Kuyt was woeful. Worse ball control than classic heskey. And that hasn’t been the first time either.
And still Robbie didn’t get a go? Seriously Rafa. What are you playing at?
Again I don’t see the need for Masch in these games. That Lucas substitution was amazing though. Straight from the school of top management. (Unless Masch had picked up a yellow had he?)
McShane. 99 times out of 100 he would have headed that high and wide. Fucker met it beautifully though. See his ridiculous goal celebration?…what was he saying “peace man x 2”???
Time for dossena to switch with insua and for dossena to play some reserve matches. I hear hes staying behind at training to improve his fitness and sharpness? Then why the fuck is he playing? Or switch arbeloa to left back and give darby a run.
Its fuckin laughable that we’re still top though.

Top four teams all dropping points. Is it evidence that the league is tightening up a bit or just that the big 4 are having a lean period? The money that came through the TV deal last year seems to be having a trickle-down effect.

Utd - resting on their laurels
Chelsea - new manager, injuries, kindney stones
Arsenal - gone to shite
Liverpool - same old

if they can get through this torresless period and still be top of the league, with a potentially almost nearly fully fit torres at their disposal afterwards, i think liverpool might have a chance at stealing the league from chelsea.

don't quote me on that though

de paper; said:
Liverpool have denied claims that Robbie Keane will be sold in January after their former player turned television pundit Mark Lawrenson cast doubt on the £20.3m striker's Anfield future during an interview with an Irish radio station.
Keane's position at Liverpool is again under scrutiny after the manager, Rafael Benítez, left the Republic of Ireland captain on the sidelines during Saturday's 2-2 draw against Hull City. Before the game Benítez and the 28-year-old had insisted he had a long-term future at Anfield *following reports he could be sold back to Tottenham Hotspur at the first available opportunity. Benítez's decision to *introduce Nabil El Zhar, Ryan Babel and Lucas ahead of the striker against Hull, however, illustrated the difficulties *facing Keane at Anfield.
Speaking on The Last Word on Today FM, Lawrenson said he discussed Keane's predicament with Steven Gerrard after the game and claimed the Liverpool captain suspects his team-mate could be sold in the forthcoming transfer window. "I hate to name drop," said Lawrenson, "but I was having a drink with Gerrard on Saturday and we talked about Keane. They share the same agent [Struan Marshall] and quite honestly he thinks something is going to happen with Keane in January. Sounds like he could be moved on."
While Marshall declined to comment Liverpool issued a statement last night denying the pundit's version of events. A club spokesman said: "Mark Lawrenson's remarks are his interpretation of a private chat between the two of them. They do not accurately reflect Steven's opinion of *Robbie Keane and they certainly do not tally with Steven's recollection of the *conversation itself."
Lawrenson's assessment of Keane's time at Liverpool did not end with *predictions for January, with the former Anfield defender casting doubt on Benítez's wisdom in signing the striker to begin with.
"He [Benítez] got it wrong. If Liverpool were playing a Champions League final, FA Cup final or a massive game that they had to win tomorrow, you know Keane wouldn't start. He'd not get in the team. Why pay £20m for a player who doesn't suit the formation or system? He's not going to improve at 28.
"You just wonder if Tottenham will come back and do a bit of a deal and Liverpool would go for someone else."
well now, what a queen lawro is.

guardian unlimited rumours section, rarely correct lets not forget, says babel and agger to juve, alonso to real and michael turner in. for. the. love. of. fuck.

guardian unlimited rumours section, rarely correct lets not forget, says babel and agger to juve, alonso to real and michael turner in. for. the. love. of. fuck.

er, they just round-up the rumours from the red-tops OR humourously cobble together 500 words based on Ceefax page 338.

er, they just round-up the rumours from the red-tops OR humourously cobble together 500 words based on Ceefax page 338.
er, i'm well aware of that, i just needed a handy catchall to quote from. hardly the issue, is it? the issue is sell quality, buy player who did alright against liverpool in a match. like keane, pennant, crouch, bellamy. wanna play for liverpool? all you need do is turn up two games a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back