new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

i can't believe the kuyt-keane dream ticket didn't produce the goals. what was that about?

not sharp enough with the pass and control of a ball in the latter areas of the pitch.

reira is gone to shit.

The passing has become so predictable, always the same players giving the ball back to Gerrard or Alonso. I hardly ever find myself sitting forward and thinking 'great pass!'. Stoke set the blueprint, Fulham and West Ham followed it, and we don't seem to have the ideas to break them down. It's extremely worrying to see Gerrard hitting and hoping, because other than Torres he rarely trusts any of his team mates to do anything with it. Alonso has forgotten how to shoot, Keane is in a panic to do something before he gets substituted every time and Babel comes on like a headless chicken for 10 minutes. At least he's willing to take a shot. We need to have a goal spree against Blackburn or Hull, something to get the confidence back.

Dossena was one of our better players last night. Think about it.

i like this

Time goes by...

030918RomanClockFace.gif

So slowly...

NGOG for Keane..... great decision...

Time goes by...
030918RomanClockFace.gif

So slowly...

Not working... will i change things?
rafa-benitez.jpg

Time goes by...
030918RomanClockFace.gif

So slowly...

Ok. Babel you have 11 minutes...
rafa-benitez.jpg

Points goes by...
030918RomanClockFace.gif

So quickly...

Dossena was one of our better players last night. Think about it.
he wasn't as good as arbeloa! but then, neither of them had to defend. pool we're unlucky, of teh fifty seven chances big sami had, he'd normally get on vaguely on target. two off the line clearances, great save from benny's shot from green. chances were created, but noone had the balls to score from them. babel should have started, riera's looked knackered for weeks now. if masch can play as badly as he did against marseille, and get "rested" surely riera can too, especially with decent cover. the hammers didn't like babel running at them, if he'd come on ten minutes earlier.. but then we can't go around expecting to win a game in the last ten minutes for ever.

however, they've been playing poorly of late and are out of the group in europe and top of the table. could be worse, weren't they losing to reading this time last year?

he wasn't as good as arbeloa! but then, neither of them had to defend.

correct.

their attacking play wasnt great though...crosses blocked down all night...and never got in behind the hammers full backs...mind you the hammers left back thought he was in goals. :p

however, they've been playing poorly of late and are out of the group in europe and top of the table. could be worse, weren't they losing to reading this time last year?

could be better as well no? topping the group in europe and a few more points clear at the top of the league?
jees i dont want much :)

correct.

their attacking play wasnt great though...crosses blocked down all night...and never got in behind the hammers full backs...mind you the hammers left back thought he was in goals. :p
quality of liverpools crossing and delivery from set pieces leaves a lot to be desired. yer right tho, illunga handled the ball about 5 times. ref let the game flow a bit too much. lucas neill was throwing his elbows around again. i wonder did carra's mates get him after.

rafa has rules out a move for owen, so that's good news. sort out the fullbacks rafa.

I was at this last night. Miserable stuff. The players seem absolutely drained of confidence. Virtually no-one was willing to take on their man until Babel came on. Gerrard's have-a-go hero shooting every time he touched the ball was embarrassing as well. Kuyt was shit playing up front, his movement was really poor, whereas Keane made an awful lot of good runs but was ignored. He was coming into the game more in the second half, and bringing on the N'Goginator was a truly dire substitution. I'm increasingly worried about Keane. Even after scoring a few goals recently, he still looks a bit ill at ease and it was fairly clear last night that the crowd haven't exactly taken him to their bosoms.
The lack of urgency and ideas was pretty disheartening I have to say. Things will have to be turned around fairly quickly or we'll be off the pace again before Christmas.

That said, the booing at the end was a disgrace. Embarrassing. It also must surely be the first time a team has gone top of the league and been booed off the pitch by their own supporters.

Riera has been steadily drifting infield since he got here, and we have no natural right sided winger that's much cop so we're inevitably doing what we've been doing for the past two or three seasons - trying to dink or long ball it through an insanely congested middle of the pitch. Everyone knows this. That's why your fulhams and westhams can expect to sly out with a point with a bit of luck.

What I want to know is whether Riera is in the middle because he has no patience and is doing it off his own bat, in which case why is benitez not chomping his fucking head off, or he's under orders, in which case what cocktail of benzos is benny swallowing? "dont worry about it lad - i have total faith in dossena"

we need an extra edge at anfield, it's no surprise that torres was more effective there, he was the difference. home form can let you down, because in many respects it's easier to travel. look at chelsea, hundred percent away from home, 3 draws and two losses at home. liverpool always have these teams going to anfield and defending or sitting deep and it takes magic to break them down. once the first goes in the away team have to play a bit, then you pick them off. it's easier away, cos benitez is a counter attack lad, just like houllier was. all the shit results over the years that have cost the pool have been at home. and now with the fans getting on their case, they'd rather go on the road. bleh.

Riera has been steadily drifting infield since he got here, and we have no natural right sided winger that's much cop so we're inevitably doing what we've been doing for the past two or three seasons - trying to dink or long ball it through an insanely congested middle of the pitch. Everyone knows this. That's why your fulhams and westhams can expect to sly out with a point with a bit of luck.

What I want to know is whether Riera is in the middle because he has no patience and is doing it off his own bat, in which case why is benitez not chomping his fucking head off, or he's under orders, in which case what cocktail of benzos is benny swallowing? "dont worry about it lad - i have total faith in dossena"
doesn't help that he keeps reverting to 442 which has never looked good under rafa

torres out til new year?? christ, rafa, it's time to pick the babel. anyone else think rafa's had it in fro ryan ever since he went to the olympics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back