Nabbing stuff left outside charity shops (1 Viewer)

Some Marxist told me that giving clothes to charity is a (un)funny thing because people give clothes/stuff so they can create room in their house/wardrobes enabling them to buy more socially and environmentally destructive clothes/stuff that in effect perpetuate the inequalities and injustices that the charities are seeking to reduce in the first place.

Well, the fact that you feel guilty about it shows that on some level you feel you were wrong to do it.

Well, yes, otherwise I wouldn't have posted on Thumped asking yizzer advice, would I?

Incidentally, everyone in The Real World I've talked to about it was on Team Feck-it. Maybe some of them are just being polite. Or maybe it's the pathetic expression in my pleading baby seal eyes.

I've an inner voice with a strong whip attached. As much as I would have wanted that hat box, no way could I have taken it. For this reason, I will always get fucked over because I am too polite and nice. I should really kill that voice, guilt is a heavy load.

me too, I feel obscene even thinking about taking stuff left outside a charity shop. I have uber guilt about everything, one day I walked out of a shop without paying for my newspaper and spent the whole afternoon worrying about it. I went back after work with the one euro all apologies. The shop assistant looked bemused to say the least.

I too am so nice I get fucked over frequently.

me too, I feel obscene even thinking about taking stuff left outside a charity shop. I have uber guilt about everything, one day I walked out of a shop without paying for my newspaper and spent the whole afternoon worrying about it. I went back after work with the one euro all apologies. The shop assistant looked bemused to say the least.

I too am so nice I get fucked over frequently.

One of these days something good will come of it. That's what I keep telling myself.

Some Marxist told me that giving clothes to charity is a (un)funny thing because people give clothes/stuff so they can create room in their house/wardrobes enabling them to buy more socially and environmentally destructive clothes/stuff that in effect perpetuate the inequalities and injustices that the charities are seeking to reduce in the first place.

bloody marxists are possibly the biggest shower of dry shites in existence.

Over the weekend, I was in the video shop and scoffed at the attendant's beatnik beard and "jazz hat". I felt nary a pang of guilt or remorse after.

you should have slapped him as well.

Advice or approval? If it was advice you wanted you'd ask before you took the swag, no?

If I'd done that, somebody else would have nabbed it all before I got the first reply.

And I am generally intrigued to see what people think, I'm not just looking for approval. And I'm very bored in work.

We will be saying that to each other when we are both living on the streets having given away our houses to an animal rescue charity and our money away to strangers cos they looked like they needed it!

Just don't leave your house outside the animal rescue charity if they aren't open. There are a lot of unscrupulous types around!

If I'd done that, somebody else would have nabbed it all before I got the first reply.

And I am generally intrigued to see what people think, I'm not just looking for approval. And I'm very bored in work.

The argument that someone else would have done it if you hadn't leads down a dark road. It justifies behaving the same as the worst person in the world.

Just do what you think is right. For example say you were minding some kid (say your son, daughter, neice, nephew) for the day and they saw the bag and went to take it - what would you say to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back