Drawing A Crowd (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I've taken a foray into arranging gigs after a long hiatus. In years gone by I sometimes drew decent sized crowds to shows but a few times were total disasters, at the time it was apparently because I wasn't on Facebook.

I did a show last night that went pretty well but only fewer than 2 dozen people turned up. I wasn't expecting an enormous crowd but I thought I had got word out. I realise with everyone getting older, family commitments, it is necessarily gonna be harder to get people to come along to stuff but I am curious what does and doesn't work in terms of drawing a crowd? Is postering still useful? Paying for ads on FB? Making promotional videos??

There wasn't a single person at the show last night I didn't know. It was great that so many friends came along but I don't think I am that interested in the stress and potential financial sink of arranging shows and then few turning up. I recently did a micro show in my flat which was great because the worry was too many would turn up but that's not something I can do on a regular basis.

I've taken a foray into arranging gigs after a long hiatus. In years gone by I sometimes drew decent sized crowds to shows but a few times were total disasters, at the time it was apparently because I wasn't on Facebook.

I did a show last night that went pretty well but only fewer than 2 dozen people turned up. I wasn't expecting an enormous crowd but I thought I had got word out. I realise with everyone getting older, family commitments, it is necessarily gonna be harder to get people to come along to stuff but I am curious what does and doesn't work in terms of drawing a crowd? Is postering still useful? Paying for ads on FB? Making promotional videos??

There wasn't a single person at the show last night I didn't know. It was great that so many friends came along but I don't think I am that interested in the stress and potential financial sink of arranging shows and then few turning up. I recently did a micro show in my flat which was great because the worry was too many would turn up but that's not something I can do on a regular basis.

I’m not really too sure what to do bar getting another band to play who can bring all their mates too.

I play in a band that has a fairly good following of their friends. But if those friends don't show up the place is empty.

Facebook is dying, but still offers good value for money with regards to paid advertising. Twitter is a ghost town. Instagram is arguably the most popular right now. The demographic that you're talking about is incredibly hard to motivate. They barely leave the house and when they do it's for a nostalgia gig where they're guaranteed to catch up with old friends (and then generally talk over the band).

Facebook is dying, but still offers good value for money with regards to paid advertising. Twitter is a ghost town. Instagram is arguably the most popular right now. The demographic that you're talking about is incredibly hard to motivate. They barely leave the house and when they do it's for a nostalgia gig where they're guaranteed to catch up with old friends (and then generally talk over the band).
How do you find twitter ads vs fb ads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back