Nabbing stuff left outside charity shops (2 Viewers)

kill your inner cop lolo
there is no god watching you

Actual belief or non-belief in hell/ god/ hatbox fairies is beside the point, iIm just talking morals here.

I like the idea of having an inner cop though, do you think that's why I sometimes crave donuts?

your new inner cop

robocop-431x300.jpg

Actual belief or non-belief in hell/ god/ hatbox fairies is beside the point, iIm just talking morals here.

I like the idea of having an inner cop though, do you think that's why I sometimes crave donuts?

it does matter
morals = god, eternal verite, transcendental right and wrong

ethics = true to yourself, which is in the end all you have

big difference

look at this guy:
It doesn't matter if they're a legit charity or not, it was their stuff not yours.

he'd make a great priest.

It doesn't matter if they're a legit charity or not, it was their stuff not yours.

Would there be legitimate defence under section 3 of the UK Criminal Law Act 1967?

• Section 3 replaces the common law rules on self-defence, such as the duty to retreat. It simply requires that any force used must be "reasonable in the circumstances." It is still in force today and states:
“ 3. — (1) A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large. (2) Subsection (1) above shall replace the rules of the common law on the question when force used for a purpose mentioned in the subsection is justified by that purpose.
” (Further provision about when force is "reasonable" was made by section 76 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008.)

but it wouldn't matter anyway because it isn't theft to take things lying on the street (illegal dumping)
which is why charities (legit or not) ask people to come in when they're open

but it wouldn't matter anyway because it isn't theft to take things lying on the street (illegal dumping)
which is why charities (legit or not) ask people to come in when they're open

It should be clear to all that Lolo was doing a commendable public service by preventing 2 the two greater crimes of fly-tipping and fraud.

This removal of materials from the street constitutes reasonable force.

Bravery award?

AICAB

or at least an article in the local freesheet

Locul man smashes inturnationale Bulgarian Freud scam.

Well, if its a registered charity you'll have to deal with dirty looks from people in the charity community. If its not a registered charity, you have to deal with the Romanian mafia.

If it's registered, give them some money. If its not then move out of home, burn your belongings and start a new life in rural Peru. This all seems quite straight forward to me.

in other words, they cared more about getting rid of it than making sure it went to charity

That's one way of looking at it, I suppose. Another is that they wanted to drop it off on the way to work, found it wasn't open and didn't want to drag it home/into work with them.

I would argue that anyone who brings stuff to a charity shop is more concerned with getting rid of it than giving it to charity.

In my opinion, an act of chairty has to involve sacrifice on behalf of the giver. It seems that charity has been reduced to just fundraising these days.

True. I just think that most people drop stuff off at charity shops because they don't want it, not because they are making a sacrifice. Still, better than dumping it, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back