Music - Perceptions - Celebrities - Bastards (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure I agree with you dude
... but we should start another thread, really, if we want to discuss that.

My participation will be limited, one way or the other. On my second day in my new job and dunno if it's cool to be surfing (currently it's lunchtime, so it is cool)

There's nothing cooler than surfing the internet, egg_

surely perception, artistic appreciation and contextualisation is more to do with cultural and generational factors rather than the nature of reality on a quantum level?

Can someone explain to me what a 'quantum level' means and if it is something you a) experience, b) appreciate or c) something else entirely.

surely perception, artistic appreciation and contextualisation is more to do with cultural and generational factors rather than the nature of reality on a quantum level?

It's a question of whether there's any difference between perception and the thing perceived. That is to say, is there a 'reality' behind the 'false' perception or is perception effectively all there is? I say if there's no mind then there's no thing. Prodigy lovers and Prodigy haters are identical to each other in that they invest the Prodigy with reality - there is no other Prodigy

It's a question of whether there's any difference between perception and the thing perceived. That is to say, is there a 'reality' behind the 'false' perception or is perception effectively all there is? I say if there's no mind then there's no thing. Prodigy lovers and Prodigy haters are identical to each other in that they invest the Prodigy with reality - there is no other Prodigy

hmm, what about The Prodigy that can be described in different ways aside from one’s level of favour toward them? the exact mathematics of all The Prodigy’s music released to date, the exact chemical make up of the band members and the make up of the Prodigy artefacts, CDs, cover art, posters etc?

hmm, what about The Prodigy that can be described in different ways aside from one’s level of favour toward them? the exact mathematics of all The Prodigy’s music released to date, the exact chemical make up of the band members and the make up of the Prodigy artefacts, CDs, cover art, posters etc?

I don't see the contradiction - maths, chemistry and chart placings are all myths that can excite certain responses. CDs and posters are a bunch of stuff that may or may not have meaning and emotional resonance for you ... This imaginary Prodigy poster is now invested with ontological interrogation - maybe a real Prodigy poster would be too much by half now

(PS in fairness, as a Dub, I should be calling them the Progidy)

I don't see the contradiction - maths, chemistry and chart placings are all myths that can excite certain responses. CDs and posters are a bunch of stuff that may or may not have meaning and emotional resonance for you ... This imaginary Prodigy poster is now invested with ontological interrogation - maybe a real Prodigy poster would be too much by half now

(PS in fairness, as a Dub, I should be calling them the Progidy)

I don’t agree D

I believe perceptions are effects of reality, rather than the other way around. and I believe perceptions are further effected by cultural factors. effects on effects so to speak

I don’t agree D

I believe perceptions are effects of reality, rather than the other way around. and I believe perceptions are further effected by cultural factors. effects on effects so to speak

If reality is a truth that's beyond mere perception than what use is art to the intelligent person? Surely it's worse than a distraction to be engaging with other peoples' self-indulgence and encouraging them with hard cash. Shouldn't we all be just getting down to the real and leaving all the raving and visions to the mentally deranged?

If reality is a truth that's beyond mere perception than what use is art to the intelligent person? Surely it's worse than a distraction to be engaging with other peoples' self-indulgence and encouraging them with hard cash. Shouldn't we all be just getting down to the real and leaving all the raving and visions to the mentally deranged?

I get the feeling I’m being set up here but,

what use is art to the intelligent person?

Art helps people understand reality and communicates to us the connections between the many aspects of our world. Art also gives a voice to human’s emotional response to reality

Shouldn't we all be just getting down to the real and leaving all the raving and visions to the mentally deranged?

No

600-evolution-platypus.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back