Music - Perceptions - Celebrities - Bastards (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Solutions
i dont know what this thread is about.

I know i was talking to Pantone247 about the prodigy, and i didnt want to ruin his thread anymore then i already had with chat about the prodigy. however, i'm going to quote you here dude as a vague example of a thingy i'm thinking about.

in fairness they're awful, the best you could say is the early singles were demented and had a sense of humour about them, (Charlie says and that one about sending you into space), but once they got Keith out on vocals and went all Firestarter it got grim.. if you were in college around the time Fat of the Land came out you'll remember it sound tracking many/every shit student party you ever went too.. they are the dance equivilent of The Stereophonics, just re-hashing the same tricks, to the same crowd, while to anyone outside that crowd they're popularity, at this stage, is just inexplicable.

see i got the impression that your dislike of the prodigy is related to your dislike of most of the people who's parties you ended up at. like they were the soundtrack to your pain, or the pavlovs bell to your shit night. in a parallell world, i believe in the prodigy loving pantone247.

On a more commercial note, i was thinking about how cheral coal pretty much had a hit on the back of her marriage breakup yoke - that would be a situation where you get a full house of music - celebrities - perceptions - bastards.

I like that cheryl cole song that goes "quittin's out of the question" - that was out long before the marital problems wasnt it?

thats the one i meant dude - and it was out long before, but went back into the charts for a few weeks based on perceptions - celebrities - bastards.

Local Boy in the Photograph and A Thousand Trees are deadly songs by the Stereophonics.

Cheryl Cole's album was not very good. Certainly not by Girls Aloud standards. Few good songs though.

You know what I hate? People saying (and, worse, believing) "perception is reality". Reality is reality, you morons

I think what you hate is people falling back on lazy phrases and idioms rather than using their brain. right?

I have no idea why I wrote this post.

oasis are good candidates for this thread. they've had times in thier history where theyve had better music then personality, and then lots of personality and no good music.

www.thesinglesjukebox.com demonstrates this thread well.

Basically if it's an unknown artist it'll get a review averaging in the high 7's. If it's a known artist it'll get a series of 8-10's and 1-2's, averaging off at 5.

unless your Taylor Swift it seems. Everyone loves Taylor Swift.

its fine, the thread is tenuous as it stands. anything could be a valuable contribution.
shaney, basically i was out for a walk and a theory perfectly formed in my head (or so i would believe). i landed home, did something else and tried to transfer it into thread form. and here we are so.

imma gonna let you finish buh As blushing will sometimes make a whore pass for a virtuous woman, so modesty may make a fool seem a man of sense.

how about naming an artist or song that you irrationally hate, and then see if you can see it its anything to do with the music, the perceptions, the celebrities or the bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back