Mor II? (1 Viewer)

good festival. highlights were pony club, velvetron and corrigan. great to see new bands pushing irish music forward.

i think the warlordz of pez got the biggest crowd by far though, it was packed.

ddmurph said:
if it's any consolation i was woken up sunday morning by the guy in the tent next to me singing that suzanne vega "luca" song (well just two lines of it repeated over and over again) really badly (intentionally). it was hilarious though (funnier than just having your name shouted anyway!).
Haha, that wouldv been my mate Dave, I vaguely remember him singing that, and we were right beside u lads. (I was the drunk fella lookin for his hoodie on Sat evening)

Ciaran: Corrigan were class, that guy sure has a set of metal lungs on him!

ok, so all the time the guys from rest were 2 tents away? i think this means we need to play a show together... rest? ;)

verb said:
good festival. highlights were pony club, velvetron and corrigan. great to see new bands pushing irish music forward.

i think the warlordz of pez got the biggest crowd by far though, it was packed.
Corrigan....awful

Hi-lites:

Damo Suzuki (obviously)
Booger - best dancey musicy of the weekend by around a million
FancyGoods (cd is kewl yes - visuals were terrifying)
Mr. C (of not-in-The-Shamen fame)
Pez
David Donohoweverit'sspelt
Joe Lee's Boxes and Suzuki Bibles

Low point:

Trying to puke into a bag, laugh and cry at the same time on Sunday morning while "Fuck off Tony!" is repeating over and over in my head (and possibly also in reality)

Better than last year, despite Nature's best efforts

THAT good, in my opinion, made the castle shake

aoifed said:
verb said:
velvetron QUOTE]

Velevtron were the opposite of 'deadly gig' for me.
Kind of regretting not catching more peoples shows. Is Fancy Goods really that good or was it just that performance? Everyone's yapping on about him.

oddly i heard both those folks you mentioned were total arseholes aoife.

Wavioli said:
Haha, that wouldv been my mate Dave, I vaguely remember him singing that, and we were right beside u lads. (I was the drunk fella lookin for his hoodie on Sat evening)
haha, i thought it was my mate niall. oh well. tell your mate dave i thought it was a deadly version ...

dave: "my name is luca, i live on the 2nd floor"
random strangers: "shut up or i'll kick the shit outta ya"
dave: "my name is luca, i live on the 2nd floor"
some random stranger: "i live upstairs from you"
dave: "my name is luca, i live upstairs from you ... nah that doesn't work at all"

haha, excellent. don't know if i met you looking for your hoodie. could have but just don't remember it.

Really didn't think the line-up was all that. Had a great time hanging out nonetheless...

My highlights were: Booger - "that's got a good beat" I sez; Warlords - specially the Christy Bleugh bit; Dermot Sheehan and the other bloke; simpleTEXT - took me four goes to spell David Hasselhoff right; Damo Suzuki.

Things I missed but should have seen: Northstation; Donnacha; Erik Jenks; Candie Hank; the mad movie on Sat'dee night

Things I saw but shouldn't have: Infomatics (what were they, the Ballyfermot Rock School or something?); Chuzzle

Personal moments (some third party): Grevs hoicking an apple butt at John D and whacking him in the head - except it wasn't John D; Aoife D fake-kicking-the-shit out of me; Dee MacD on stage with one of his all-time heroes - me heart glowed for the lad; enough of them Dermodys - walking around swigging out of a bottle of rose on Saturday night like a posh wino...

Sooooo much more fun if yer not playing, I can tell ye

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back