Mor II? (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp said:
some bird came up to us in the dance tent (or whatever it was called) and told us to go see her mate play in the acoustic tent as "he is very good".so we stayed in the dance tent.
haha, yeah she came up to us too. I was just sitting there going, hmmmm, by any chance you wouldnt be afriend of this guy?? I happened to walk by a few minutes later, and guess what? HE WAS SHITE!

Fair play to all the Mórganisers; the work they've been putting in cannot be underestimated. The sound was a lot better this year and the site was better orgnaised.

Highlights: Fancy Goods, Tremours, Pez (not so much for the music), Jecks on the decks, Sitar/Tabla dudes, Formica. Wandering the campsite acting the bollix for hours on saturday night, grinning like a kid while playing with Damo Suzuki, The afters Party with Damo in joe Lee's pub: total communal music with no division between Band and audience. Bullets helped break that division by shaking the shit out of the Marquee and pushing the band around, others danced like those rednecks speaking in tongues you see at Bible belt prayer meetings. Pure mayhem.
BTW the locals and staff in Joe Lees are the best. we showed up and took drugs and made a racket and a mess and used their beer kegs as drums for 90 minutes or so in the back garden and the manager comes down with crates of beer and cider for the band! It's almost like they appreciate the extra business live music brings! That's never happend us in Dublin. Cheers to Boxes for getting UBS to play there on the Friday.

Lowlights: missing loads of cool music while playing/soundchecking.
lack of advertising. The lack of awareness, esp, outside Dublin was distressing, A lot of people I spoke to had never heard of it but would be into their music. The line-up should be decided earlier next year.

Highlights:
Damo Suzuki. I never felt so good after a gig.
Mr.Creosote. Back of the net.
Formica.
Boxegen.
Donnchadh (sp?) Costello (sp?).
Some of the Warlords stuff was absolutely hilarious.
Damo's second gig in Joe Lee's....un fucking believable. Bible studies faces aglow with happiness and too much beer.
Mark Hayes' email to me saying that he wasn't too bothered about his bust bass drum skin. Phew!
Damo Suzuki and my da swapping stories about Guinness and Kerrygold ads from 30 years ago.

Lowlights:
Losing my phone on Friday afternoon.
Missing pretty much all of the other stuff because I was too busy.
The walk into Tullamore at 8.30 on Sunday morning. No coat, much rain.
Missing the forest reggae skank-out.
Im also pretty sad it's all over.

I think it was a lot better than last year. Roll on 2005.

nEiLo said:
my highlights:
fancygoods (check him out at lazybird in the near future), northstation (the nicest person in the world), both of Jeck's sets (i think the one on sunday was better), hearing one song by Fred on sunday morning cheered me up and made me forget about the weather and my hangover, agitated radio pilot (drone on), michael fleming, the sitar and tablas, smoking "green crack", Jeck calling be a bastard because the armful of beer I had wasn't for him, kissing a girl, Damo and the arkestra (also, Damo in John Lee's was probably the best thing I have ever seen/heard);the marquee (the sound was fab) it all being over.
My own...

The entire Marquee crew: Krossphader, Dara, Steffen & Seamus for performances above and beyond the call of duty.

All the visual guys, not just for their spectacular work but also for just being swell guys. (And a big shout-out to Tom CAVS for his helpfulness.)

Music in the Marquee: Anodyne was brilliant. Donnacha Costello was a close second, with ebauche not far behind.

Music outside the Marquee: er, didn't see much, but the 15 minutes I saw of Jeck on Sunday was awesome, God Is an Astronaut was great, and Suzuki in Joe Lee's was without a doubt the best thing I saw/heard all weekend.

Seeing the reaction to "Fantastic Planet". Big up to the the Del9 boys for coming up with the idea to screen it.

Kris "the amazing Lightboy" Berzins. And Michael, Mossy, John, Emma, Neil, Danielle, Joanne, Ross, Eleanor, et cetera, et cetera...

Anne and her Oxfam stall. Great freetrade coffee conveniently located right next to the Marquee...

nEiLo said:
lowlights: missing anodyne, my leaking tent, the rain and other things; the lack of volunteers on sunday; poor ticket sales.
Mine:

Candie Hank. I'm obviously just an old fuddy-duddy, but I found him tiresome and annoying (as a performer--he's a very nice guy).

Missing Fred, Fancygoods, Northstation, Dara O'Brien & Dermot Sheehan and Tremors, amongst others.

The shitheads who fucked with Krossie's Union Jack tent: tying someone into their tent as a laugh is one thing, but slashing it with a knife while they're still in it is just NOT on. Whoever did it, you're fucking cunts, and you're not welcome back.

Ticket sales. Or lack thereof.

nEiLo said:
overall, i think it was better than last year - music and organisation.

thanks to those of you who came.

thanks to: Del 9 and the other visual guys for amazing things to look at; the artists; Let Loose; the two Keiths for the sound in the castle room (making the most of some second rate equipment) and to Kris for the incredible lighting.

hopefully we can do this again, but we really have no money. so please come along to the next fundraiser. Mór needs your support.
Yeah, what he said. We want to keep Mór going, but we can't do it without you.

Paul

Fantastic weekend. Big big thanks to all the Morganisers for gettiing the message across bigger and better this year - better sound, more facilities, better sanitation = happy campers.

Ups -

Philip Jeck (First set was un-fukking-believable).
Umbrella Spokes
God Is an Astronaut (last 15 mins)
Listening to Kraftwerk ooze out of the acoustic tent round 6 in the morning on Saturday whilst monched on a big shoulder o'scotch.
Endless loopy chats and meetings
Fantastic planet (excellent stuff from Del 9)
Super cool visuals...
That mental euro-gabba freak that had to be dragged off the dance stage
The up-for-it attitude and boogie-determination.
Damo at Joe Lee's - (the drumming, the savagery, the hilarity, the still-deliciously sore arms...).

Downs -

Evil twisted folk that raided the campsite sometime on Sat. night, stabbing of Krossphader's tent, the dealing out of random punches to some folks...campsite had a nastier edge to it for some reason.

Not enough folks... :(

Roll on next year, well done all.

so how many tickets were sold? there seemed less peole there than last year? it was sad to see so many people bailing out early on sunday - they missed the best bit...

highlight was damo and weapons arkestra!! and agitated radio pilot on saturday!

lowlights were the rain and missing some stuff i wanted to see.

anyone see the weird white haired guy who was selling bread? "respect the tablecloth"!! spacecase...

and shouts out to the two lads who gave me and my girl a lift to the train station on sunday night as were were dragging our muddy asses down the road from the castle - we would have missed our train without yr kindness:)

roll on Mor 2005...

cyclotron said:
Listening to Kraftwerk ooze out of the acoustic tent round 6 in the morning on Saturday
yeah i though i just dreamt hearing "the model" but now i know its true!:D

what was the story with that acoustic tent anyways....very suspect!:(

loner deluxe said:
anyone see the weird white haired guy who was selling bread? "respect the tablecloth"!! spacecase...
I was working beside that dude all Sunday evening. Soundest fucker ever. It was practically free grub (donations accepted), good grub, and no one realised. He kept giving me free bread and pickles and really fancy cheeses, gorgeous salads (shit you'd pay a squillion quid for in Nude) while him and his mates giggled manically behind us. Kinda weird but nice.

aoifed said:
I was working beside that dude all Sunday evening. Soundest fucker ever. It was practically free grub (donations accepted), good grub, and no one realised. He kept giving me free bread and pickles and really fancy cheeses, gorgeous salads (shit you'd pay a squillion quid for in Nude) while him and his mates giggled manically behind us. Kinda weird but nice.
Was this the guy who was running around in the Warlords t-shirt for most of the festival?

Paul

Wavioli said:
Who was the guy who did the visuals thing before Lakker? that Little Mermaid yoke was class. Funny to see Darragh from lakker looking up at the screen really puzzled, when everyone started clapping for it.
That was part of Del9's TTMTV audiovisual mashup. I *think* it was a Negativland video, but could be wrong. Wheels will no doubt correct me on this.

It was pretty cool, though. As was that "All Your Bass Are Belong to Us" sequence.

Paul

Igor said:
stem ginger cookies, food of the gods...
and served by terribly attractive people as well, i thought. ahem. the whole stall was my friend anne's idea, inspired by her inability to get a cup of coffee on sunday morning last year. yay her. also yay the stem ginger cookies, i think i spent most of my shifts on the stall eating them (and paying for them, of course).

"fantastic planet" on saturday night was utterly deranged. i particularly liked the fact that the subtitles and the dubbing didn't match...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back