Mor II? (1 Viewer)

Well done everyone who played Mor. It was deadly.

Highlights for me were Booger, Warlords of Pez (I haven't laughed that hard in so long), Damien Frost, some other band who sounded like Primus.
Jinx Lennon was just bizarre.

Lowlights were Ufeari, missing Damo Suzuki and wasps.

Cracker of a weekend.

i thought jinx and wop weren't so far apart... it was like jinx lennon used to be a wop but they kicked him out because he was "too crazy" or something... :)

aoifed said:
'low'light was tumbling shelly and the constantly-flying-booze. :D:D:D

although, I think I was clinically depressed on sunday.

I'm feeling great now.

broken arm said:
'low'light was tumbling shelly and the constantly-flying-booze. :D:D:D
QUOTE]

Bloody losers coming over and spilling beer all over the merchandise stall, then no sooner do I finish work than loser mates start spilling stuff all over me. AND nature spilled her rainy goodness on me too, but I didn't mind that.

Did you walk home from Mor too? Now *that* would've been impressive.

hag said:
that jinx lennon fella was deadly... :)
HAHA yeah! 'Revenge of the vinegar man!' ha ha funny fucker!. .|..|

That Candy Hank lad was class aswell, also Rest, Fancy goods, Daemian Frost were bleedin shoit dow! haha, ah yis were ok, I suppose :rolleyes:

Here's a picture I took of that Tony fella after he had ranted on at me about some 'Celestial Building' in Cork. Yeah tony, whatever!

he was carrying around a set of world war 1 binoculars and that massve magnifying glass, strange strange fella.

Great Weekend all round, sucked to have to leave early tho.

Attachments

• Picture(6).jpg
    Picture(6).jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 79
only 2 lowlights:
stung by a wasp on the arm
missed fancygoods (and numerous others)

highlights - too many to mention all, but...
northstation (great sounds and visuals), booger (storming set), formica (most talked about name change EVER), rest (bringing back the good weather), fred (and the cork mafia), corrigan (no, YOU stole my horse), the dancing guy, and that person out there who bought my CDr, cheers man...

and the bus home, the slowest driver in the world ever.

AOIFED WROTE:
Well done everyone who played Mor. It was deadly.

Highlights for me were Booger, Warlords of Pez (I haven't laughed that hard in so long), Damien Frost, some other band who sounded like Primus.
Jinx Lennon was just bizarre.

Cracker of a weekend.

shame you didn't like ufeari aoifed?i think they were a bit drunk and the mix wasnt as good as it could be?have a listen to the new record coming out soon.you may be pleasantly surprised!
peace.

Miraculously i got no wasp/bee stings though i surely deserved them. Phrase of the weekend was "that only makes them angry", as i'd launch into the thousanth episode of loon-dancing/swatting/kungfu moves at the hapless insect: seemed to work though...

Highlights: both philip jeck shows, northstation, Damo suzuki and wmd arkestra, warlords, fancygoods, tremors, formica.

Sorry i missed: ebauche, umbrella spokes on sunday (needed to hear that without philip jeck still in my ears).

Thanks to everyone who was in joe lees for the afters on sunday night, one of the best gigs ever ever ever:D:D.|..|:D:D

psycho said:
shame you didn't like ufeari aoifed?i think they were a bit drunk and the mix wasnt as good as it could be?have a listen to the new record coming out soon.you may be pleasantly surprised!
peace.
I was working in front of the main stage and saw most of the bands who played there. Honest man, Ufeari were the least appealing to me. It's definitely a personal thing. I'm sure they're great musicians but they sounded (to me) like Channel 4 had asked a band to make music that kinda sounds like Tricky or Massive Attack for their cool new young peoples drama.
I'll give the record a shot, but that was my first impression. Although in fairness, I was harldy a paragon of sobriety meself either.

Igor said:
Thanks to everyone who was in joe lees for the afters on sunday night, one of the best gigs ever ever ever:D:D.|..|:D:D

Yeah, that was some fun alright. I've got blisters on my blisters and my brain isn't going to be right for a while, but that was some fun. Joe Lees deserves an award for being the most understanding and pleasant 'venue' ever.

Pookakie said:
Yeah, that was some fun alright. I've got blisters on my blisters and my brain isn't going to be right for a while, but that was some fun. Joe Lees deserves an award for being the most understanding and pleasant 'venue' ever.
I'm parsing my aches into pre and post joe lees, feels like i was decapitated then recapitated 4 times a second for 90mins...in a good way;)

Lees were so great about the whole thing, legendary! Hope their marquee thingy's still in one piece.!ninjaaaa

Larry Potter said:
I remember when Jane tried to kill me with some US-made drugs a couple of months back.

My face turned into this thick, lumpy, itchy porridge.
Angry porridge is all the rage this year. I was only trying to help with your 'look'. And anyway, Jesus Christ returned the favour, and I got to to in the hospshital like two weeks later, 'member?

Highlights were numerous, lowlights were few. If the weekend had been a head of hair, it would be very blonde indeed.

I still can't believe that guy had to be thrown out so many times.

I liked the fake ambulance I got to ride in on Saturday night, and I liked when they replaced our ticket tent with a real ambulance, complete with urine bottles, vomit bowls (important not to confuse the two), and dryness. The real ambulance drivers seemed to appreciate that we hadn't raided the drug box, but it was only because we didn't know which one it was until he told us.

Sheesh, what's with the hospital theme here?

Anyway, Damo Suzuki plus the arkestra was fucking brilliant. I was pretty sure he was controlling the weather.

What was the story on Sunday night in Joe Lee's?

I presume it was pissing rain, so wha happened?

anyone recognise themselves in the picture in today's irish times? what a hip bunch it makes ye out to look :)

hag said:
are you the graeme who kept calling my name at 5 am when i was trying to do the bold monkey dance??? grrrrrrr!!!! YOU GRAEME FROM REST? if so, you're on my shit list... you'll understand when i explain.
shit, think i was guilty of that too hag. apologies. yeah, we were fairly fucked alright. probably seemed hilarious to us to go around trying to wake up people we'd never met before ... don't think you were the only unfortunate victim. if it's any consolation i was woken up sunday morning by the guy in the tent next to me singing that suzanne vega "luca" song (well just two lines of it repeated over and over again) really badly (intentionally). it was hilarious though (funnier than just having your name shouted anyway!). i'd forgotten about tony as well. what a legend.

Igor said:
Lees were so great about the whole thing, legendary! Hope their marquee thingy's still in one piece.!ninjaaaa
haha, ceremonialdeath did his best to fuck the marquee up. the damo suzuki & ubs show was amazing, as was the weapons arkestra set. missed loads of shit i'd meant to check out. northstation was cool. philip jeck and umbrella spokes were great too. only caught the end of tremors but what i caught was deadly. anyway, i'm fucking shattered so i'm off home to bed. luckily you won't be around to wake me up repeatedly at 5 in the morning hag:p

apart from the pissing rain, and missing LOADS of shit I meant to see, mór was fucking deadly. waay better than last year. my personal highlights being:

tony "felloni" desmond (THAT cork guy) setting a very impressive record by getting thrown out of the festival FOUR times, apparantly. Who the hell kept letting him in?

rest. lakker. tino ras.

waking up this morning in my tent with four smelly mates, about 30 - 40 flies, late for work with a four hour drive ahead of me. yaay!

good shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back