Mor II? (1 Viewer)

plug said:
in which case you can park your car in the grounds.
sweet. look out for the

FANCYMOBILE!!!!
clowncar.jpg

Latex lizzie said:
So then if any of you lucky bastards are still alive..the verdicts please and any gossip you may have lying about the place. I heard the weapons set was truly amazing? anyone confirm/deny this...
I think my top set was Candie Hank who, while most people were watching another Pez show, had to be asked a number of times to leave the stage. His polite refusals to stop playing left the awaiting DJ's looking very sullen indeed (even though I think they were fillers that had played loads of times). Listening to his music on the stereo is nothing on the live vocals, geased-hair headbanging euro-gabba-pop madness.

CANDIE HANK - THE ONE MAN FESTIVAL is a grotesque entertainment show with no limit, a collision of Rock'n'Roll, Moog influenced but harsh synthscapes breakcore but Belly Dance Punk and Gabba like Proto Pop.
:D

The Damo Suzuki Network set with the Weapons of Mass Destruction Arkestra was one of the best live shows i've ever seen.

Other highlights would be Adem playing to numerous non deserters and transit vans, Northstation lulling everybody in the room into a blissful sleep and Rest salvaging the atmosphere of the main stage and making the rain disappear.

I hear it lashed rain for a lot of it, can't say I was sorry to hear that...
so I didn't feel to bad about missing it due to my dire financial situation.

so what were the highlights? was there many people at it?

Pookakie said:
The Damo Suzuki Network set with the Weapons of Mass Destruction Arkestra was one of the best live shows i've ever seen.
gah, i'm sorry i missed that - i headed off early to get the last train. i know there was a coach of some sort later, but i'd already paid for my train ticket and also feared not getting on it and being marooned in tullamore. bit of a pity having one of the main acts on at a time when a lot of people had to leave....

i still had an excellent time, mind - philip jeck was fantastic on saturday (i think i was rendered incapable of speech for about half an hour after his set), and i also enjoyed fred, northstation, donnacha costello, c4o, lots of other stuff. non-musical highlights included selling coffee and biscuits by candlelight to the drunken masses on saturday night, seeing the castle all lit up, and the general, er, vibe (man). lowlights were numerous, small and stripy (this year's mor insect: the wasp).

oh, and apologies to anyone that i walked straight past/gibbered at/frightened when i emerged from my tent on sunday morning. the combination of having forgotten to put my glasses on and a hangover was, er, disturbing.

i got one in the neck around 2 hours before we were due to play. really painfful. then when we did play, all the muscles in my arms went into really painful cramps... that lasted for around 10 minutes... were the 2 connected? i'd had a few beers but nothing close to what might have caused the cramps. beer usually just makes me fall off the drum stool, not have cramps. what are anti-histemenes (sp?) and what do they do?

My festival highlight was definately Tony (The Cork Crusty). Dragged out by Gardai only to come back an hour later. Kicked out once more only to come back again. Sunday morning and Tony is still there and shouting at the top of his voice 'HAS ANYONE GOT ANY DRUGS FOR SALE? IM LOOKING FOR SOME DRUGS' to which soimeone replied 'FUCK YOU TONY.' Classic.

TONY, TONY, TONY, TONY!

Too many musical highlights to mention.

are you the graeme who kept calling my name at 5 am when i was trying to do the bold monkey dance??? grrrrrrr!!!! YOU GRAEME FROM REST? if so, you're on my shit list... you'll understand when i explain.

hag said:
i got one in the neck around 2 hours before we were due to play. really painfful. then when we did play, all the muscles in my arms went into really painful cramps... that lasted for around 10 minutes... were the 2 connected?

probably, stings differ from person to person, and where you get stung can also have differing effects, i'm not allergic to stings, but it didn't stop me ending up in bed for 3 days pretty much unable to move due to getting stung behind the ear.

so a wasp sting would have nothing to do with my arms going funny? it was the weirdest thing in the world... my right arm, the lower part of my arm was stuck to the upper part... like my hand was at my shoulder and i had to use my other hand to prise it apart, you know what i mean? my right arm was paralised for a short while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back