Mor II? (2 Viewers)

kirstie said:
you're saying what I'm thinking

to army bargains for me, for rain poncho purchase - the ONLY time I will ever be seen in one.

hey beware of what one you buy, they have really cheap ones which are the stupidest things ever, they're huge and could fit about 3 people under them but with barely enough space for one person to see out of it(i know that makes no sense, but trust me, there's one in my cupboard that i bought with the intention of wearing to oxygen but thankfully i found an ugly raincoat to wear instead.
Cheap, ugly raincoats are the way forward, they're easier to get and will be less likely to rip than the weird 60 euro ponchos you can get in army bargains.

yous all and your mor... everyone i've seen in the last few days has been all "mor mor insect repellent insect repellent mor mor". bah. i'm going to sit in a puddle and look at old threads on thumped the whole weekend, which should be a rough approximation of the mor experience.

Liadain said:
yous all and your mor... everyone i've seen in the last few days has been all "mor mor insect repellent insect repellent mor mor". bah. i'm going to sit in a puddle and look at old threads on thumped the whole weekend, which should be a rough approximation of the mor experience.
honey, you'll need to cover yourself in spiders and other nasty insects for the *authentic* mor experience.

Can someone explain the Mòr raido thing to me?
Is it broadcasting the acts live, or just a kinda 'music inspired by mòr' dealy?

It says on the website 'don't forget to bring your radios'. Does this mean that the broadcast range only covers the festival site? Or is it broadcasting nationally etc?

FancyGoods said:
Can someone explain the Mòr raido thing to me?
Is it broadcasting the acts live, or just a kinda 'music inspired by mòr' dealy?

It says on the website 'don't forget to bring your radios'. Does this mean that the broadcast range only covers the festival site? Or is it broadcasting nationally etc?

From what I understand (and that's not much, generally), the signal can be picked up for a few miles around the site. I think some of the Mór stuff will be broadcast, but I'm not sure about the rest, so I'll say no more.

No more!

See you all there! Woo hoo!

"Mór FM is a pilot radio station broadcasting before and during the festival to those in attendance and in the locality. We’ll be mixing quality pre-recorded shows with the live acts from the weekend, adding to the festival’s village atmosphere. Check out the Mór FM schedule in the centre pages of the programme ..."

Mór FM will link up with Resonance FM, London's first art radio station, which has been hailed as "a glorious experiment that everyone in the country deserves the chance to hear" by The Independent.

Resonance FM will be represented at Mór by Magz Hall and Jim Backhouse, presenters of ‘You Are Hear’ on the station. They will broadcast an eclectic range of shows from their archives and (hopefully manage to record a Mór special for the festival). Shows will include a special on this summer’s Sonar festival, “Slum Dunk” (new electronic and experimental music from the Brazilian slums and beyond), “Sound Poets Exposed” and a special edition of The Wire magazine’s “Adventures In Modern Music” featuring the legendary Sun Ra in studio.

www.resonancefm.com

www.youarehear.co.uk

www.l-m-c.org.uk
http://www.l-m-c.org.uk/

tanx.

one more question.

so i'm driving up the n6 or n4 or whatever

how exactly do I get to chareleville castle? The website doesnt seem to give directions

I'll probably be lost in the woods in my car somehwhere....
aoifed said:
I'm quite excited now. I'll be doing the music merchandise at this so come up and say hello. I'll be the sound- looking one. .|..|

FancyGoods said:
tanx.

so i'm driving up the n6 or n4 or whatever

how exactly do I get to chareleville castle? The website doesnt seem to give directions

As far as I remember it's on the very edge of the west side of tullamore.

however, the site says that the only access this year is by shittle bus from the train station, which is in the town centre. shouldn't be too hard to find methinks. I predict much queueing. horaay! I'd say they're probably trying to put a stop to people stashing drink in the woods and boozing outside the gate or smuggling it in later when the vigilance of the security baboons wanes... !ninjaaaa

hey, can I change that fucking annoying NKOTB thing under my name anyone? I'm not new or a kid, nor do I reside on any form of block...

i have to drive up to the castle to drop off my gear. I think I might be allowed leave it there too. i hope. otherwise ill just have to drive up, drop off my stuff, drive back to the train and then get a bus back!
anyway, apparently somebody here told me that ,coming from dubhlinn, one drives along the n6 until the kilbeggan turn off. then drive through tullamore out the the otherside onthe Birr road and then you cant miss it.

apparently.
can anyone confirm this?
plug said:
As far as I remember it's on the very edge of the west side of tullamore.

however, the site says that the only access this year is by shittle bus from the train station, which is in the town centre. shouldn't be too hard to find methinks. I predict much queueing. horaay! I'd say they're probably trying to put a stop to people stashing drink in the woods and boozing outside the gate or smuggling it in later when the vigilance of the security baboons wanes... !ninjaaaa

Liadain said:

the hip watering holes of dublin better be delightfully empty this weekend, or i'll be raging.

FancyGoods said:
i have to drive up to the castle to drop off my gear. I think I might be allowed leave it there too. i hope. otherwise ill just have to drive up, drop off my stuff, drive back to the train and then get a bus back!
anyway, apparently somebody here told me that ,coming from dubhlinn, one drives along the n6 until the kilbeggan turn off. then drive through tullamore out the the otherside onthe Birr road and then you cant miss it.

apparently.
can anyone confirm this?

apparantly indeed. but yes, it would be on the birr side of tullamore, so that sounds safe enough to me. you must be playing if you're dropping gear up? in which case (apparantly again) you can park your car in the grounds. I'm fairly sure about that from what I gathered from the rest posse. so no shithead bus for you. baaastard!

anyway, tullamore is easy to find, and the castle is easy to find as well. hell if I found it last year you should have no worries! nice wan, plug :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back