money money money! (1 Viewer)

nofunchee

Website
www.myspace.com
irish times said:
The ESRI said the economy had entered a new phase of development. Market services - particularly business and financial services - are gradually replacing manufacturing as the engine of Irish economic growth. Already, services exports account for 43 per cent of total exports. By 2025, the ESRI projects that market services will account for 60 per cent of net output or value added in the Irish economy and in excess of 70 per cent of all Irish exports.
Business and financial services, which are the fastest-growing components of market services in the Republic, are projected to employ more than 750,000 people, or some 30 per cent of the workforce, by 2025.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0514/breaking5.htm

and i thought we'd all be working in tesco, phew!

When was manufacturing ever the engine of growth in the economy?
Personally I wouldn’t be so hopeful, the reason we’re so big on financial services is that we’re cheating, basically, through the lower corpo tax thing. The EU/market economy won’t let that go on forever.
Moreover, I think we already have quite enough miserable fund administrators and accounts clerks in this country.

Arra, sure it’s all a load of aul shite anyway isn’t it lads?

we don't make stuff - we get others to make it for us

Distribution and transport (including hotels, restaurants and retailing) account for just under one-third (30 per cent) of employment in the UK. A further 26 per cent of those employed are in business and related services, while 23 per cent are engaged in non-marketed sectors (including public administration, health and education). Fewer than one in five of those employed in the UK work in manufacturing or construction.

Ah yeah, shure everything'll be grand.
Recession? Nah, not here boss.
Just a blip, a minor slowdown, shure we'll be back to throwing up 50k gaffs in no time.

Go back to sleep, Ireland.

Sure that's what the show 'where's my job gone' on last week and the week before was detailling. We are now in the age of knowledge so without an education we're screwed or so they say. They say that anyways when you're in school though just to make you go

come save me

brits out exorcism?

"the power of dev compels you, the power of dev compels you, THE POWER OF DEV COMPELS YOU!"

eamonn_de_valera.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back