Farewell Phantom FM; welcome TXFM (1 Viewer)

listened to it for a bit in the car on friday evening (they better not still be trading as "dublin rock radio"), then again on saturday morning (totallydublin4 show. grating.)

Bk9k0eHCMAABJdw.jpg

I've gone from ambivalent to mildly impressed to really liking TXFM

listening to it most evenings now. The drivetime lad is really good, as is Kelly-Anne Byrne on after him.

way better than phantom anyway

Kelly-Anne Bryne is great!

She played these back-to-back the other night

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If someone could someone tell that morning show guy to shut up, that'd be great. Thanks.

right, I've been listening for 2-3 hours most days for the past month or so and I now feel qualified to comment.

Evenings are decent. The drive-time show lad is good. Hes funny when theres someone else there with him for him to have banter with. Usually thats Kelly-Anne Byrne who is on after him. Both shows are good but suffer from they're having to stick to a far-too-rigid playlist. And that playlist is not big enough to not come across as repetitive. There are certain songs that get played on every single show, including some of the taped stuff they play late nights/early mornings (I had to do an airport run at 6am yesterday and they were still playing the same stuff). Johnny Marr, Jamie T, Ray LaMontagne, Le Galaxie, Alt-J, none of whom are terrible but none of whom are good enough for you not to get sick of pretty soon.

In general its a step up from phantom as the DJs seem better (sounder, funnier, interpret that any way you want). Musically they constrain themselves far too much IMO. I understand the need for the playlist but I think they should allow themselves a bit more rope.

I'll keep listening for another while but I'm feeling like I need a month off so there'll be different songs on next time I listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back