Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

I've read 20 pages of the C Licence theory book so far.Test next Wednesday

C'mon the fuck G get the finger out and stop playing the fucking guitar

True. But if I'd have sold this 5 years ago I could have got some wedge for it. Now it's worth about €50. Same thing happened with my last car.
But you're right of course.

Every now and again I toy with the idea of recoding ideas onto a computer,just riffs with a drumbeat and rough skeletons of songs,and then.i think of call that carry on and I get turned right off.

Every now and again I toy with the idea of recoding ideas onto a computer,just riffs with a drumbeat and rough skeletons of songs,and then.i think of call that carry on and I get turned right off.

I feel your pain. I was the same for years. Still am actually to be fair! I picked up a Tascam DR-40 last year and just record stuff live on to that now. Line outs from my mixer straight into the Tascam. Then I can bump the tracks on to the laptop whenever I feel like it. Granted, it's not guitar or band based stuff, but it helped me get past dealing with laptop hassles, latencies etc and got me back recording stuff.

Surely the wasteful need to constantly upgrade is the bullshit factor here
Its not wasteful when the upgrade delivers a marked improvement.

I can't believe the difference in sound AND system performance.

Mind you @pete did tell me Windows 10 was the way to go YEARS ago.But I didn't listen! Mainly because there was no drivers for my shitty sound card

I've pretty much just accepted it won't ever happen with me,a shame really

If you have a drummer you could jam with, you could lash a recorder in a room while you play. The quality of them recorder things these days is pretty good. It might sound pretty raw but that's rarely a bad thing imho and at least it'd give you a buzz to be recording in some form again. For me, I think it's all about just cutting out the crap of messing around with technology and finding a way of recording that just lets you play.

I'm not always convinced it is though,there's a lot of snake oil in the world,it needs used.

And most vertainly not for what I want to do,but even that would need constant upgrading.

If you have a drummer you could jam with, you could lash a recorder in a room while you play. The quality of them recorder things these days is pretty good. It might sound pretty raw but that's rarely a bad thing imho and at least it'd give you a buzz to be recording in some form again. For me, I think it's all about just cutting out the crap of messing around with technology and finding a way of recording that just lets you play.

See,that's a big part of the problem,I don't have enough opportunity to do just that. If opportunity was more available I'd be in a bunch of bands.

I've pretty much just accepted it won't ever happen with me,a shame really

It might. I started with Garageband drum loops with a quarter inch to mini jack lead going from my guitar directly into the computer. Enough to get riffs down and plan the skeleton of a song. That might be all you ever do.

Any time I even think about looking into it,it just screams money,and moreso knowledge,way beyond what I have. My computer ability is beyond primitive.
Even converting records and tapes to digital had me wanting to throw the computer out. Never could do it. Followed instructions as closely as possible but it never would work. The idea of complicating that by having even to tracks scares the hell out of me. And then there'll be an upgrade.

I feel your pain. I was the same for years. Still am actually to be fair! I picked up a Tascam DR-40 last year and just record stuff live on to that now. Line outs from my mixer straight into the Tascam. Then I can bump the tracks on to the laptop whenever I feel like it. Granted, it's not guitar or band based stuff, but it helped me get past dealing with laptop hassles, latencies etc and got me back recording stuff.

I really think this is the way to go these days. If the project gets bigger there's like 10 people in every mid sized town with a home rig big enough to handle stuff that can be bartered for.

I'd say a tascam 4 track and a compressor and I'd be able to make something decent actually.

Be a nice little project

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back