Minor complaints thread (5 Viewers)

some donkey on eggheads tonight thought burt reynolds starred in Cheers instead of ted danson.

if you don't know tes danson was in cheers, why would you think ted danson exists?

pissed me right off.
My guess is he was thinking of 3 Men and a Baby and he got Danson mixed up with Tom Selleck and Tom Selleck confused with Burt Reynolds. Easy mistake

Last edited:
some donkey on eggheads tonight thought burt reynolds starred in Cheers instead of ted danson.

if you don't know tes danson was in cheers, why would you think ted danson exists?

pissed me right off.

ah burt reynolds

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know the guy is a cliche and a bit of a joke, but I just read this last week and was reminded how fathers back then didn't really know how to be fathers the way it's expected of them today.

The Athletic Boyhood of Actor Burt Reynolds
-------------------
When the war ended in 1945, my father stayed in the service for three additional years. While he was away, my mother and sister raised me.
I was 12 the day my father pulled up in front of our house in a cab. He was 6-foot-2 and looked great in his uniform. He embraced my mother for some time before coming inside and kissing my sister on the cheek. He just shook my hand and gave me $10.

By then, we lived on Palmetto Avenue, the best street in Riviera. In junior high school, I became hooked on sports, particularly football. My mom came to games but I had to drag my father. One day I had one of those great games and scored four touchdowns.

When I came home, my dad was sitting in the living room smoking his pipe. I asked him what he thought of the game. He said it was fine. I wanted to cry but didn’t. I just went to bed.

About an hour later, my dad came in. I’ll never forget this: He sat down on my bed, put his hand on my knee and said, “You were the best one out there.” Then he got up and left. I lived on that one rare moment for some time.

War fucks you up too, wouldn't entirely discount that aspect
Oh, for sure.
It only struck me cos my friend was telling me recently how he used to beg his Dad to go to see his games, and the Dad would never go. Not even when his team got to Croker, which was a huge deal for him and I can tell still gets to him.
This guy is inseparable with his son now.
Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.
Figuratively and literally. Hee hee.

Was hoping the Luas strike would be called off at the last minute, pain in the arse now to get in tomorrow morning.
Cycled in, enjoyed it aside from having to bring in a backpack filled with crap that I need for the next two days. Also, the lift in our building is broken so I had to carry the bike up to the third floor. Think that was more of a workout than the cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back