Minor complaints thread (17 Viewers)

I have no Friday night sweets...however..there is an unopened tin of Quality Street belonging to my father in the other room.

It is causing me stress

I had approx. 12 - 15 .

I'm happy with that.Friday is saved!

NOw to relax with some Wu Tang Clan and pictures of guitars

cafe in Tower record closed down.

This is what I feel Dublin was like in the 90s (I can only barely remember, having only turned 13 in '99). It's like stepping onto the set of the Commitments mixed with Empire Records and Singles. Cool and casual atmosphere. Tasty and wholesome food with a twist. Perhaps it's simply the 90s indie soundtrack that draws me back, whatever it is I love it.

Tower Cafe - South Inner City - Dublin

Was it actually like this? Sounds hellish.

I never got a commitments vibe off it, it was more retro than old fashioned. I can't see the rest of the shop lasting much longer - there never seems to be anyone in it.

That was gonna be my next question, I've only been in the place a handful of times but it was always relatively sparsely populated.
You were a fan of Fixx coffee just up the street, no? That's gone too, the whole building has been knocked and I don't believe they've set up elsewhere.

Yeah, I headed over for a coffee a week or two ago and saw the place was flattened. I think I saw something somewhere about re-opening in 2017. I'd kinda given up on it a bit though, it's too noisy for reading in. I just go to starbucks now, fuck it.

Tower Cafe - South Inner City - Dublin

Was it actually like this? Sounds hellish.
It was a bit rough around the edges in terms of its furnishings or whatever, but it was a great spot. Anytime I'd go to Tower (once every 5/6 weeks), I'd pop in for a coffee and a bite. Coffee was great, food was grand. And they were always friendly as can be.

@Shaney? is right about Fixx. They'll be back whenever whatever monstrosity is being build on that corner, is finished. They tweeted about it just before they closed. Was never in it but its a shame if we're gonna be reduced to having Butlers/Starbucks/Costa/Insomnia as our only options. Though there are a couple of interesting looking places on Molesworth st and Kildare st that I've often meant to try.

cafe in Tower record closed down.
I only ate in the new one once. It was nice and always meant to go back. Oh well, hopefully they'll use the space to set up a second hand vinyl room.

As for inner city coffee, I wouldn't go near any of those chains. I live across the road from a Costa so occasionally will grab a coffee there as we no longer have a machine but when in work, no chance given that there are better options. Berlin on Clarendon St. is good, Cafe di Napoli on Westland Row is better and would also recommend Cafe Tri Via at Lincoln Place. Oh and the Science Gallery in TCD. Butlers is supposedly better for coffee than the other chains but I only buy hot chocolate in there.

Image of Melusine
3997a59778573957dc9af2dd34f849ea.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back