Minor complaints thread (44 Viewers)

I really think the whole gloves/sandwich thing is a bunch of crap designed by hygene companies to paranoid people into throwing more plastic into landfill.

A: i have an immune system
B: i'll happily make physical contact with 300 people in a bar if it gets me a pint
C: the barman does not wear paranoia gloves
D: I've worked on building sites. YOU SHOULD SEE what touches a sandwhich that i would still gladly eat on site.
E: i have an immune system

seriously lads. what are you actually actually expecting to happen?

The barman has to use tongs though.

I know they started using tongs on limes and lemons in bars because people were getting sick from coliforms off barmen that didn't wash their hands after having a shit.

I think it's for stuff like money. People sneezing their flu all over their tenner, then handing it to the guy that makes your sandwich and gets you two days in bed.

I understand the gloves.

I expect to be told I'm nitpicking (though I'm not sure they can given the amount of muslim/jewish/hindu folk that work in my company - for them its more than just a fussy vegetarian throwing toys out of the pram), and that nothing will change.

I will update thumped when I find out what will happen, if anything.

I expect to be told I'm nitpicking (though I'm not sure they can given the amount of muslim/jewish/hindu folk that work in my company - for them its more than just a fussy vegetarian throwing toys out of the pram), and that nothing will change.

I will update thumped when I find out what will happen, if anything.

Their only onus is to provide you with safe food.
If you have food preferences, I think you'll be told to shop around.

I'd love to know what they say though. Please update.

You get the point.

Washing hands is completely necessary surely. Most deli's just hand you the food and you pay elsewhere. Prolonged use of gloves is actually less hygienic FYI. I just don't see how binning a few tonnes of plastic every day is doing anyone any favors?
I don't disagree. But is it not the best worst option, so to speak?

You get the point.

Washing hands is completely necessary surely. Most deli's just hand you the food and you pay elsewhere. Prolonged use of gloves is actually less hygienic FYI. I just don't see how binning a few tonnes of plastic every day is doing anyone any favors?

The point seems to be that no one should have verifiably clean hands because 'fuck it'

I really think the whole gloves/sandwich thing is a bunch of crap designed by hygene companies to paranoid people into throwing more plastic into landfill.

A: i have an immune system
B: i'll happily make physical contact with 300 people in a bar if it gets me a pint
C: the barman does not wear paranoia gloves
D: I've worked on building sites. YOU SHOULD SEE what touches a sandwhich that i would still gladly eat on site.
E: i have an immune system

Exactly. This how many times have you had food poisoning ? I'll eat anything and I've never had it, not once. I poisoned myself with alcohol more than once, got a bad pint of Guiness in the basement of Kennedy's one christmas and had the stomach flu but thus far no food poisoning.
Make sandwich, wrap sandwich, accept payment for sandwich, return change, sterilise hands. At a stretch that's the best option.

I don't see the point in plastic gloves,

A. their no longer sanitary once they've touched anything. and

B. how many times have you seen deli workers handle cash while wearing them ? I've seen it fucking loads. I don't give a shit but I have seen it loads.

As for religious types and their hang ups with food. Fuck 'em. There is no god so eat what you're given or make it your self. "Your god" gave you hands didn't he?

I read it more as they are not a silver bullet.
They can't replace handwashing and they can't be used for too long.

this bit?

Are gloves a legal requirement for workers handling food?
No. A common misunderstanding among both food business operators and customers is that it is a legal requirement that food handlers must wear gloves when handling and preparing food. It is perfectly acceptable to prepare and handle food with bare hands provided proper hand washing procedures are in place. Gloves may be used by food workers, but they must be properly trained to ensure that the gloves are changed frequently and that hands are washed between glove changes and when gloves are removed. It must also be emphasised that gloves must be changed when carrying out non-food related activities such as emptying bins, handling money etc. Workers should be aware that wearing gloves can allow bacteria to build up on the surface of the hands, so hand washing is extremely important when gloves are removed to avoid subsequent contamination of food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back