Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

I have to use them all the time in work. Sometimes it’s because we’re not 100% sure if the address is right or still active. We’ve lots of deadlines each week so if they haven’t read things by say the Wednesday, things will go downhill fast.

On Saturday I got the hedge trimmer out and cleared some branches and long weeds that were obstructing my view of the road so I don't get killed trying to get out of my driveway. I didn't do too much, knowing that the council was due to come out and cut all the roadside grass and hedges soon.

Anyway, they've just been. And they skipped my house completely. They must have figured it didn't need more cutting.

Fummin'

On Saturday I got the hedge trimmer out and cleared some branches and long weeds that were obstructing my view of the road so I don't get killed trying to get out of my driveway. I didn't do too much, knowing that the council was due to come out and cut all the roadside grass and hedges soon.

Anyway, they've just been. And they skipped my house completely. They must have figured it didn't need more cutting.

Fummin'
Try it now.

Ordered a thing from that America on 21st
Got a UPS tracking number on 22nd. “Your item is on the way”
UPS tracking just said “item is ready for UPS”
23rd same
24th same
25th same
26th same
27th same
Today I noticed in the UPS tracking details that an “alternative” tracking number had appeared.

Turns out this is a USPS tracking number, so lashed it into their tracker and discovered my delivery had actually arrived in Dublin from Chicago yesterday.

On a hunch I stuck that same number into the AnPost tracker and - SURPRISE - they have my package since yesterday BUT they won’t let me have it until I pay them €21 customs charge “that we’ve notified you about”.

No you fuckin haven’t lads, I’ve had to read it in the fuckin tea leaves over here.

23rd same
24th same
25th same
26th same
27th same
Today I noticed in the UPS tracking details that an “alternative” tracking number had appeared.

Turns out this is a USPS tracking number, so lashed it into their tracker and discovered my delivery had actually arrived in Dublin from Chicago yesterday.

On a hunch I stuck that same number into the AnPost tracker and - SURPRISE - they have my package since yesterday BUT they won’t let me have it until I pay them €21 customs charge “that we’ve notified you about”.

No you fuckin haven’t lads, I’ve had to read it in the fuckin tea leaves over here.

Never really had issues with post until they came down hard on all the customs. You'd think now they are getting more money from the service would improve,but oh no,it's just gone to shit.

I went to the dentist at lunch time and the whole bottom face is numb. I slept in, so didn't eat or have coffee beforehand and went straight to work after. I took the first spot I saw in the lot and scrapped the car beside me. I don't function without coffee. I took a photo and left a note. After getting in, I asked my boss if she knew who's car it was but she didn't. So we sent an email around and found the owner. Thankfully, she was really nice and said she did the same on the other side in a parking garage not too long ago. I gave her my info so we'll see what happens. Totally my fault, so obviously I'll take care of it but hopefully it's not going to cost a fortune. I still feel a bit dizzy from the adrenaline.

Thankfully, she was really nice and said she did the same on the other side in a parking garage not too long ago. I gave her my info so we'll see what happens. Totally my fault, so obviously I'll take care of it but hopefully it's not going to cost a fortune.
People are generally nice about these things, until tehy speak to their spouse who will tell them to nail the offender for every penny

In my experience

23rd same
24th same
25th same
26th same
27th same

Jaysis

I went to the dentist at lunch time and the whole bottom face is numb. I slept in, so didn't eat or have coffee beforehand and went straight to work after. I took the first spot I saw in the lot and scrapped the car beside me. I don't function without coffee. I took a photo and left a note. After getting in, I asked my boss if she knew who's car it was but she didn't. So we sent an email around and found the owner. Thankfully, she was really nice and said she did the same on the other side in a parking garage not too long ago. I gave her my info so we'll see what happens. Totally my fault, so obviously I'll take care of it but hopefully it's not going to cost a fortune. I still feel a bit dizzy from the adrenaline.

Can you claim insurance on that? Just like if it's money wormhole kinda scrape that crosses 2 doors and a quarter panel it might be cheaper that way.

emphasis on the might

Can you claim insurance on that? Just like if it's money wormhole kinda scrape that crosses 2 doors and a quarter panel it might be cheaper that way.

emphasis on the might
It's actually just the plastic rim above the wheel of a Ford Puma. it doesn't effect the door or any other panels thankfully. I was parking, so not going fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back