Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

Stress induced insomnia.
I might be at vomiting stage soon.

Like a card tower and the slightest movement or breeze and it’s gonna come tumbling down.

If you're in hell, keep going - Churchill

But I prefer: You can't go this far and not go further - Homer Simpson

Or as some drunk old guy in the pub said to me the other night, after watching me having an awkward chat with the ex, he said "just keep going forward".

house moving stress?
Selling property.
Buying property.
Not having a job soon and figuring out what to do next.
Planning a wedding with 3/4ths of people needing to fly and have accommodation.

Thank fuck, I'm not pregnant.
That said, the fact, I can no longer get pregnant (I think) comes with all the fucking same symptoms as being pregnant at this age!

I hate not being in control or at least perceived control.
It goes against my very being.

well, i'm being a bit fast and loose with what 'getting married' means.
small family only job in the registry office, big garden party a week or two later, with a humanist ceremony (this was before humanists were allowed legally marry you)

My eldest just did her interview for the film course she wants to do in IADT next year. They were a bit dismissive of her portfolio - she had put a vast amount of effort into making a stop-motion movie, and they were asking why she didn't apply for the animation course (which she's not interested in) instead. Seems like the fact it wasn't live action put them off. Bleurgh. Disappointing. She hasn't got the actual score for the portfolio yet, but it's not looking terribly hopeful based on today

My eldest just did her interview for the film course she wants to do in IADT next year. They were a bit dismissive of her portfolio - she had put a vast amount of effort into making a stop-motion movie, and they were asking why she didn't apply for the animation course (which she's not interested in) instead. Seems like the fact it wasn't live action put them off. Bleurgh. Disappointing. She hasn't got the actual score for the portfolio yet, but it's not looking terribly hopeful based on today
The film guys never "got" animation in my own animation education experience. It baffled us as there are so many obvious shared principles. Really blinkered of them if they pass on her because of that. Hopefully, they will overlook their own bias

There are I believe some sensible people in that institution. Many not so sensible as well though.

You shared a stop-motion video here a while ago. I think your kids helped. It was very impressive. Hope for the best.

Boy do I know a song for her to not be listening to right now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(Guessing from the credits that she was one of the people who made that video?)

My girlfriend put some non-slip stuff on the kitchen tiles. I don't know what was in it but the whole house now smells like a men's toilets in a pub in the 80s
Man,the 80s were magic.

Del Boy Trotter, my brothers lite ace ,the dole office in Gardner street,crombies and doc martins. Cider and the smell of men's toilets. Then acid house!!
Magic I tells ya.

Someone is listening to the same song on a loop on their headphones on the luas and it’s bleeding out really loudly. I can hear it over my music in my headphones. I can’t quite narrow it down to one person to get them to fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back