Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

and there's me posting in another thread about buying a new lawnmower today.

I'm sure it's an awesome lawnmower. In a previous gaff, the guy two doors down had a leaf blower which he would use every other Saturday, at 09:00 on the dot, to blow leaves off his lawn. His lawn was astroturf.

Was away over the weekend from Thur-Mon. Woke up in Riga yesterday just dreading coming back to work today, and then was majorly anxious on a number of occasions last night as I was settling in to watch succession.

Really focussed my mind that I need to make some big changes. I've put in a lot of the work already in terms of study and practice, I just need to actually start dipping my toe in looking for work once I'm confident that I won't do embarrassingly bad work from the off.

Was away over the weekend from Thur-Mon. Woke up in Riga yesterday just dreading coming back to work today, and then was majorly anxious on a number of occasions last night as I was settling in to watch succession.

Really focussed my mind that I need to make some big changes. I've put in a lot of the work already in terms of study and practice, I just need to actually start dipping my toe in looking for work once I'm confident that I won't do embarrassingly bad work from the off.
Hopefully those changes don't involve moving to Riga. Beautiful city, but by god can it get grim sometimes.

Really? How so? I know a lad who got drugged and robbed during a stag in Riga. That kinda thing?
Oh no, purely weather related. And its a big destination for brit stag parties, so weekends can look like temple bar on steroids.

surprised that happened your mate there. Latvians are simple folk. They have a tv news show that they show after the regular news with stories that are too outrageous for the regular news. It would have stories like a car going on fire, or someone robbing a bike.

If someone did that to your mate it was probably a Russian.

Hopefully those changes don't involve moving to Riga. Beautiful city, but by god can it get grim sometimes.
Not at all, we had a great time and it was a gorgeous place but we both said at the end that we were likely never going back as there were so many other places to go to. We were on a flight out on Thursday with a stag party and one of them was in the row behind us on the way back and herself overheard him saying that the stag had lasted too long, and there was nothing to do. Sorry that there wasn't enough paintball, quad bikes and strippers to keep you entertained but there's plenty to do and see there over the course of a long weekend. Some of it is grim, the occupation museum FFS, was tough going, even our tour guide was on the verge of tears a couple of times.

surprised that happened your mate there. Latvians are simple folk. They have a tv news show that they show after the regular news with stories that are too outrageous for the regular news. It would have stories like a car going on fire, or someone robbing a bike.

If someone did that to your mate it was probably a Russian.

We took a guided walking tour on Friday and the guide was talking about how Latvians are quite reserved, "we keep our paradise inside" which I thought was a gorgeous turn of phrase.

Lads ALREADY complaining about the heat.

The sun was out for about 15 minutes, and the temperature hovered momentarily into double digits, as long as you were in out of the wind, and they're at it.

It's NOT too warm. It's NEVER TOO FUCKING WARM in Ireland. Before anybody complains about warmth, in Ireland, unless Putin's having a particularly bad day and has decided to launch thermonuclear warheads at Ireland, it ISN'T TOO WARM.

Ireland only has the following temperatures:
Fucking freeeezing.
Baltic.
Nippy enough alright.
Damp Cold.
Grand, and
Lovely.

Notice Too Hot doesn't appear on the list.

Awful bunch of lads

I want to go to RIga and Talinn
In the summer when I can bike and swim
go to lake peipus in Estonia. The Russian border runs through the middle of it. If you swim out far enough some lad will probably shoot you.

Or go to Narva where there's only a small river keeping the countries apart and watch the estonian fishermen pissing off the russian border guards by pretending they're gonna cross to the other side, then don't.

*don't go to Narva. Its a shithole.

Went to the intreo centre to apply for a PSC card. I've been fortunate enough in life/work to never have needed one thusfar so I'm fairly old to get one. I need it to renew my driver's licence.

Went up with the documents the government website said I needed to bring (passport for ID and utilities bill for proof of address). The very nice and helpful woman serving me said that I needed my birth/adoption cert in order to finish it up, so I had to go home and get that, which cost me about another 90 minutes out of my morning.

Went to the intreo centre to apply for a PSC card. I've been fortunate enough in life/work to never have needed one thusfar so I'm fairly old to get one. I need it to renew my driver's licence.

Went up with the documents the government website said I needed to bring (passport for ID and utilities bill for proof of address). The very nice and helpful woman serving me said that I needed my birth/adoption cert in order to finish it up, so I had to go home and get that, which cost me about another 90 minutes out of my morning.

Yep I also had to get a PSC only last year for my first time. Had to get birth certificate aswell.
Jokers. What’s wrong with the valid passport?!

i thought the driving licence people had dropped the requirement for a PSC?

edit: seems it's required for applying online, but not required if you call in in person (just need evidence of your PPS number rather than a PSC):

Aye but in terms of general usefulness it's probably worth my while getting the PSC, if I have to go to someplace to get my driver's licence renewed I may as well do the thing that allows me to get a lot of things done if I need it as opposed to the NLDS wihichonly allows me one thing Both times I was in this morning I was seen within 5 minutes..

As it happens I got a text on the way home saying that as I won't have my card yet I can verify my account with mygovid.ie without it for the next 48 hours, otherwise I'll have to wait for the card. So I've done that now, and with that done I was able to revew my driver's licence.

You can have a valid passport and a driving licence from another country?
According to the government's website it was the only ID document I should have needed:

Documents to prove your identity​

If you are an Irish citizen born in Ireland, you will need: THIS IS WHAT I AM

• your current Irish passport OR your current Irish or UK driving licence or Irish learner driver permit (if you have one)

If you are an Irish citizen born in Northern Ireland or a UK citizen, you will need:​

• your current passport
  • OR your birth certificate AND your current driving licence (if you have one)

If you are an Irish citizen through naturalisation or Foreign Birth Registration, you will need:​

• your current Irish passport OR Certificate of Naturalisation OR your Foreign Birth Registration Certificate
  • AND your Irish or UK driving licence or Irish learner driving permit (if you have one)

There wasn't even any mention of being able to use a birth (or in my case adoption) cert to apply, never mind requiring it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back