Minor complaints thread (44 Viewers)

Wd 40 is more detergent than lubricant, it will lightly lubricate things but mostly it be should be followed with an oil, I just suggested olive oil because people usually have it.

The internet says graphite lubricant though, which you probably have loads of in pencils.

A guy will all out to fix it tomorrow. The gears need to be replaced apparently. 180quid for parts and labour

Wd 40 is more detergent than lubricant, it will lightly lubricate things but mostly it be should be followed with an oil, I just suggested olive oil because people usually have it.

The internet says graphite lubricant though, which you probably have loads of in pencils.
I use silicone oil.

If it’s not locking, do you need a locksmith - could you not whip it out and change it yourself? Bring the lock to screw fix and ask them to give you a matching one in terms of size.

I use silicone oil.

If it’s not locking, do you need a locksmith - could you not whip it out and change it yourself? Bring the lock to screw fix and ask them to give you a matching one in terms of size.
I couldn't get the main screw loose. But it seems the gears need to be replaced, not just the barrel.

100 euro. The mechanism was jammed. He removed a redundant part, fabricated some new screws and adjusted all the moveable parts. I was pleased to note that I couldn't have done any of these things. A chatty guy full of anecdotes and worldly wisdom. He was shocked when he realised he was younger than me.

That alone was worth the 100 quid.

Still got it Johnny, still got it.

100 euro. The mechanism was jammed. He removed a redundant part, fabricated some new screws and adjusted all the moveable parts. I was pleased to note that I couldn't have done any of these things. A chatty guy full of anecdotes and worldly wisdom. He was shocked when he realised he was younger than me.

That alone was worth the 100 quid.

Still got it Johnny, still got it.

My one experience with an emergency locksmith involved him producing a lovingly shaped, modified and streamlined length of piping which he used to open the front door via the letter box in about 3 mins from arrival to finish. That cost me 75euro 10 years ago - I’d say you got your moneys worth!!

Every time I try to pay for something or buy something online Bank of Ireland blocks the transaction and disables my card, every single time, I'm sick of it. They send me messages asking me to verify that I recognize the transaction and then they unfreeze the card but I have to wait a few minutes for the unfreeze to work and then they often block me again when I try to repeat the transaction, but not always. They even block me when the credit card verification box thing comes up on the seller's website and I approve the transaction on the BoI app on my phone. I'm very cross. More "payment failed" emails pinging away on my phone. Pricks.

Every time I try to pay for something or buy something online Bank of Ireland blocks the transaction and disables my card, every single time, I'm sick of it. They send me messages asking me to verify that I recognize the transaction and then they unfreeze the card but I have to wait a few minutes for the unfreeze to work and then they often block me again when I try to repeat the transaction, but not always. They even block me when the credit card verification box thing comes up on the seller's website and I approve the transaction on the BoI app on my phone. I'm very cross. More "payment failed" emails pinging away on my phone. Pricks.
there's something very broken about BOI's fraud detection. it's been a mess for years.

Switch to AIB, never any problems with the authentication system.

WTF?? what a nightmare...

I got a new debit card nearly two months ago from BOI (mentioned previously on 'minor complaints' thread).
I had no online account and had to activate one to use the new card online.
it was so much hassle that I still haven't activated the card.
I seemingly nearly had the job done in mid December but made another mistake by trying to activate the app on my lap top instead of my phone and got blocked again.
the security is really OTT now.
and the lack of guidance was terrible - I had too search out what I was supposed to rather than being told directly.

I only have 525 Euro in my current account for online purchases - which is the only reason I have a card or a bank account at all. it is not worth this security hassle when I almost never have 1000 Euro in my account.
Will try and phone call centre for a third time during the week but I have very little morale concerning this stuff at the best of times.

Jesus I need to get better at doing invoices.

This one is a bit more complicated than usual, and I'm trying to make sure it's right so that it's not wrong.

This has easily been a day of unpaid work though.

There's a monthly meltdown as utm has some bother buying something online

Tldr digital banking was rushed in with zero consideration for non digital natives. Pricks.

WTF?? what a nightmare...

I got a new debit card nearly two months ago from BOI (mentioned previously on 'minor complaints' thread).
I had no online account and had to activate one to use the new card online.
it was so much hassle that I still haven't activated the card.
I seemingly nearly had the job done in mid December but made another mistake by trying to activate the app on my lap top instead of my phone and got blocked again.
the security is really OTT now.
and the lack of guidance was terrible - I had too search out what I was supposed to rather than being told directly.

I only have 525 Euro in my current account for online purchases - which is the only reason I have a card or a bank account at all. it is not worth this security hassle when I almost never have 1000 Euro in my account.
Will try and phone call centre for a third time during the week but I have very little morale concerning this stuff at the best of times.
I had to call the BOI call centre folks three times today. the folks themselves are lovely - they have to be to tolerate such an inefficient system.

firstly I was told to make a transaction as I hadn't bought anything recently. it was the first I ever used the card to buy something offline.
so far so good.

I called them back and was told I needed to create a new 6 digit number (yet again) . I had one ready.
so typed it in and twice it didn't work.
so I came up with another new number - didn't work either.
I was referred to someone else and eventually after trying 5 different 6 digit codes one was finally accepted.
several times I had tried a code more than once.

so off I went to finally get the BOI app working.
I was still dreading the worst and was very careful reading and typing to get it working first time.
was going well until the app said it was going to send me an activation code within in a minute.
nothing arrived.
I had to let the app time out before I tried again.
and after trying several times an activation code was never sent.

next I phoned back a different number that had appeared on app screen.
After ID formalities.
The guy simply gave me a code verbally. the first time I bollocksed the first digit - 'O' instead '0'.
but I got it right twice after that while still on the phone to BOI - but no success.
I confirmed the number with him:
OK5S1CBUGA for the record - 'cause who really cares at this stage.
the call centre person suggested logging out of the app and trying again from the beginning. as I couldn't figure out how to do that other than letting it time out. I'd said I'd end the call and phone back tomorrow if necessary rather than waste more of his time.
After I hung up I tried to activate the app with that code again and it still didn't work.

If I have to call them two more times without getting the app working I will considering leaving BOI.
the security is OTT and their system isn't fit for purpose - I have no confidence in any of this now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back