Minor complaints thread (35 Viewers)

Gotta put it somewhere...

A friend phoned to say that the family gaff in Scotland is being renovated for resale. Friend is not happy about this. What can I do?
Maybe I have a cat now.
Maybe I also have a kitten now.
Landlord thinks that we shouldn't commit, but the cats are here, I like cats, and at some point in my life I need to commit To Being A Fucking Adult.
Also there's a mate (very incongruous) that just told me all about the other night he spent with the local mafia of a North African city.
And the other mate who has a zombie knife with a glove glued onto it, like that's a good idea. NO FINGERPRINTS BRUV.

I'm alright, because this mad shit is tangential to me. What is it about the 3rd of January?

There's a ryhme there, but one of you can use it.

I had to call the BOI call centre folks three times today. the folks themselves are lovely - they have to be to tolerate such an inefficient system.

firstly I was told to make a transaction as I hadn't bought anything recently. it was the first I ever used the card to buy something offline.
so far so good.

I called them back and was told I needed to create a new 6 digit number (yet again) . I had one ready.
so typed it in and twice it didn't work.
so I came up with another new number - didn't work either.
I was referred to someone else and eventually after trying 5 different 6 digit codes one was finally accepted.
several times I had tried a code more than once.

so off I went to finally get the BOI app working.
I was still dreading the worst and was very careful reading and typing to get it working first time.
was going well until the app said it was going to send me an activation code within in a minute.
nothing arrived.
I had to let the app time out before I tried again.
and after trying several times an activation code was never sent.

next I phoned back a different number that had appeared on app screen.
After ID formalities.
The guy simply gave me a code verbally. the first time I bollocksed the first digit - 'O' instead '0'.
but I got it right twice after that while still on the phone to BOI - but no success.
I confirmed the number with him:
OK5S1CBUGA for the record - 'cause who really cares at this stage.
the call centre person suggested logging out of the app and trying again from the beginning. as I couldn't figure out how to do that other than letting it time out. I'd said I'd end the call and phone back tomorrow if necessary rather than waste more of his time.
After I hung up I tried to activate the app with that code again and it still didn't work.

If I have to call them two more times without getting the app working I will considering leaving BOI.
the security is OTT and their system isn't fit for purpose - I have no confidence in any of this now.
I just spent 37 minutes on the phone to these people. Was a bit of me shouting "Are you taking the piss?" at them involved. Not the people on the phone's fault, but their system and their security shit is fucking woefully inept. I rang them to get a simple thing done, and they ended up locking my online banking because they fucked up one of the numbers I gave them, then they made me change my online banking pin to get it unlocked, which is something I've been using for over 10 years and have never had to change before, including the previous occasions where I've had to phone them to get my account unblocked.
Their security is taking the piss, first person I talked to there asked me my name, dob, credit card number, online banking details – like, HOW MUCH FUCKING INFO DO YOU NEED?? Name and dob should be enough!
Next person I talked to, suddenly that was enough. Fucking stupid bullshit system.
I ended the 37 minute call with a rant at them about how their security systems were a fucking joke and they need to sort their fucking shit out. :)

I just spent 37 minutes on the phone to these people. Was a bit of me shouting "Are you taking the piss?" at them involved. Not the people on the phone's fault, but their system and their security shit is fucking woefully inept. I rang them to get a simple thing done, and they ended up locking my online banking because they fucked up one of the numbers I gave them, then they made me change my online banking pin to get it unlocked, which is something I've been using for over 10 years and have never had to change before, including the previous occasions where I've had to phone them to get my account unblocked.
Their security is taking the piss, first person I talked to there asked me my name, dob, credit card number, online banking details – like, HOW MUCH FUCKING INFO DO YOU NEED?? Name and dob should be enough!
Next person I talked to, suddenly that was enough. Fucking stupid bullshit system.
I ended the 37 minute call with a rant at them about how their security systems were a fucking joke and they need to sort their fucking shit out. :)
WTF?! I feel your pain. This is going to be an ongoing problem.
Imagine having to work in a call centre where this is happening call after call every day...
I had to call them five times and my card still isn't activated so the workload must be piling up.

Does this happen with any other bank / Can anyone recommend me another bank?
How long does it take to open an account?
Any other issues I need to aware of if I do this?

5 times!!!!!! I'd have long ago changed banks by then.

I changed from boi maybe 15 years ago because of uselessness from them.

Having said that they probably are all as useless as each other.

We still have an AIB account for the mortgage, but for day to day banking I couldn't stand Irish banking anymore.
Moved everything to N26 a couple of years ago and it's been brilliant. Loads of great perks like cheap car hire too, which has saved a small fortune on holiday.

I find AIB online stuff really good. I've been with them since 99 when no one else would let me open an account. Don't think I've had any issues bar not being able to lodge cash in the local branch last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back