Minor complaints thread (18 Viewers)

I just logged into a place I buy records to check the status of my latest purchase and realise that in 2015 I bought the soundtrack album from Kill List

I have no memory of this or if I ever received the record

A bit late in the day to chase it up
Take it to the you know you’re getting old thread

I just logged into a place I buy records to check the status of my latest purchase and realise that in 2015 I bought the soundtrack album from Kill List

I have no memory of this or if I ever received the record

A bit late in the day to chase it up
I was in Tower the other sunday for the first time in ages. I wanted to get the Four Seasons Reimagined vinyls by Max Richter. When I was there I saw they also had Exiles so I decided I'd buy that too

But the Four Seasons one was pricey so I said I'd leave Exiles and get it some other time.

Then I got home, listened to the Four Seasons Reimagined (which is great), and put the vinyls in the vinyls rack with the other Max Richter vinyls. What did I see there when I did so? Exiles. I already fuckin had it.

I was in Tower the other sunday for the first time in ages. I wanted to get the Four Seasons Reimagined vinyls by Max Richter. When I was there I saw they also had Exiles so I decided I'd buy that too

But the Four Seasons one was pricey so I said I'd leave Exiles and get it some other time.

Then I got home, listened to the Four Seasons Reimagined (which is great), and put the vinyls in the vinyls rack with the other Max Richter vinyls. What did I see there when I did so? Exiles. I already fuckin had it.
Ya shoulda got exile on main street instead

Was walking out of a train station this morning. Turned a corner and felt the cold draught, so I reached to pull my hood over my head (two hoods actually, I'm a pro).

There's a shutter there, which one of the staff decided to not fully raise, I guess because they thought a smaller aperture would mean less of a draught. Of course it just means the same amount of air moving through a smaller aperture, faster. Because, idiots.

Anyway, while I'm pulling the hoods over my head, my vision somewhat obscured by own hand, BANG!!! Forehead to shutter, full force.

Maybe they're idiots, maybe they just hate tall people.

And then as everyone turned round to see what the BANG was, the shutter opened fully. I think these shutters are designed to do that if you hit them hard enough, just like those barn doors that close automatically after the horse has bolted.

But there's me, seeing stars, and no one can figure out why, because the shutter had gone up and they're all shortarses. They all just stared.

a debit card I got in November still doesn't work online (the only reason I need it).

my understanding is that they want everyone to get an online account and there is now added security due to EU law.
I was given an 8 digit number from a call centre (verbally for some reason) to activate the online account and it doesn't work.
also a 6 digit number I was asked to create for unclear reasons didn't work either.

the correspondence from the bank was sorely lacking in info about the process and I had to google what I was supposed to do which was on the BOI website (and very clear to be fair).

I've called call centres twice and now they want me to do it again (I have a phobia of call centres).
I have about 500 Euro in my current account it's not worth this kind of hassle.

I realised the card wasn't working when I tried to buy some records off discogs. when it wouldn't go through I tried my mother's card and BOI wouldn't let the payment go through with that either!!
I had to email the German guy and ask him to cancel the order - he was nice about it.

let's just go back to mailing money wrapped up in an envelope - that work pretty well hundreds of times in my experience.

Social media. I could sense it coming and here we are with another Facebook pal having an obvious nervous breakdown/mental health episode, crying out for attention and understanding. I don't know them well enough to offer any real help. Why do we do this?

Social media. I could sense it coming and here we are with another Facebook pal having an obvious nervous breakdown/mental health episode, crying out for attention and understanding. I don't know them well enough to offer any real help. Why do we do this?
Oh god I havent seen one of those in years. Not nice.

Is it a one-off post or a series of attention seeking?

Also, this is ever so slightly meta in a way, but I trust therealjohnny.

My sister is currently in the late stages of a very difficult pregnancy and won't now be delivering until next week, so her kids are at my folks and I'm mucking in to help mind them too.

It was decided this morning that they'll stay up here and have christmas with us (which will be lovely, a better Christmas then one just featuring two old people and their middle aged son).

However my current problem is arranging for Santy to divert his planned delivery from Waterford to Kildare. That is to say my sister needs to package everything up and get DPD arranged to get it all up here.

The presents from their parents can stay where they are, but in my mind Santy has to come to the right place.

Arrived this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back