Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

windsor emoji for some kind of lineage thing. Maybe it shouldn't be called "windsor" anymore.

I was really sick the night before last, stomach is still gone today. Suspect it’s norovirus given the suddenness and the intensity of the symptoms (bidirectional for those who need a mental image).
I now have a raging cough and feel like shite. Antigen tests still showing negative but I’m not optimistic.

I was at a funeral of somebody who died suddenly on Xmas day on Wednesday.
when I got home 250 metres away I checked my phone and things took a bizarre turn...

the quick version is that a courier delivered a package meant for me to the church. seemingly while the funeral was happening. he somehow read my Eircode as being the church one...
and tonight I've received nothing.

long version:
on phoning the number he tried to contact me on an hour earlier, he knew my name and it was an Irish 087 number. but when I asked he struggled for other info and couldn't remember/find the name of the village.
how could he deliver something to a church when something was happening there?
after about 60-80 seconds I thought it must be some type of scam or he was new to the job and still very out of his depth.
unfortunately the courier driver having a (south) Asian accent also contributed me thinking it was a scam.
I said: ''Sorry I'm not interested in this. I'm going to hang up - bye''.
I thought that was it over.

35 minutes later someone from a Limerick landline phoned and after some strong scepticism from me a guy at the courier depot assured me the first call was genuine. he said the courier guy was still in my local town 7 miles away (where I now also was) and could go back to the village church and get the package and bring it down to my house.
so I said yeah and said I was sorry for the inconvenience.
nothing delivered since.

I feel sorry for the driver but I doubt this was an isolated mistake and he needs to learn fast.

I only have two packages pending, one is a still unreleased pre-order from Poland.
so that leaves three LPs I ordered in early November...
now my account with them has no record of the LPs being dispatched or any updates (unheard of for a very high service business w/ excellent communication).

also the courier never gave me any updates by email or text or warnings they were coming.

anyway lets see what happens on Friday.

''Excuse me Father -------, by any chance did ya see a package lying around the church with a Turkish psych LP and Japanese hardcore / noise LPs?!!''

I was at a funeral of somebody who died suddenly on Xmas day on Wednesday.
when I got home 250 metres away I checked my phone and things took a bizarre turn...

the quick version is that a courier delivered a package meant for me to the church. seemingly while the funeral was happening. he somehow read my Eircode as being the church one...
and tonight I've received nothing.

long version:
on phoning the number he tried to contact me on an hour earlier, he knew my name and it was an Irish 087 number. but when I asked he struggled for other info and couldn't remember/find the name of the village.
how could he deliver something to a church when something was happening there?
after about 60-80 seconds I thought it must be some type of scam or he was new to the job and still very out of his depth.
unfortunately the courier driver having a (south) Asian accent also contributed me thinking it was a scam.
I said: ''Sorry I'm not interested in this. I'm going to hang up - bye''.
I thought that was it over.

35 minutes later someone from a Limerick landline phoned and after some strong scepticism from me a guy at the courier depot assured me the first call was genuine. he said the courier guy was still in my local town 7 miles away (where I now also was) and could go back to the village church and get the package and bring it down to my house.
so I said yeah and said I was sorry for the inconvenience.
nothing delivered since.

I feel sorry for the driver but I doubt this was an isolated mistake and he needs to learn fast.

I only have two packages pending, one is a still unreleased pre-order from Poland.
so that leaves three LPs I ordered in early November...
now my account with them has no record of the LPs being dispatched or any updates (unheard of for a very high service business w/ excellent communication).

also the courier never gave me any updates by email or text or warnings they were coming.

anyway lets see what happens on Friday.

''Excuse me Father -------, by any chance did ya see a package lying around the church with a Turkish psych LP and Japanese hardcore / noise LPs?!!''
that priest is SO keeping it for himself

so I got my HIJOKAIDAN first LP, SOBKAIDAN LP and ERKIN KORAY - Electronik Turkuler LP the following morning.
I felt bad for the driver so I texted him saying I was very sorry I hung up on him when he was trying to help me and thanks.
He texted back - ''No worries. Happy New Year''.
good lad!

lesson learned:
if a courier has your name and number don't panic.

The locking mechanism on the backdoor is stuck so it can't be locked. I got it working before by applying copious amounts of wd40. Tried that again last night and again this morning. No joy. I googled for a solution and in all the suggestions the one thing they say not to do is use wd40.

Looks like I'll be ringing a locksmith later.

Olive oil?
Apparently, it's a quick fix to remove the barrel and replace it. But it's stuck. And the barrel might not be the issue, the mechanism itself might be broken, according to the only locksmith who answered the phone. He is too busy to call over himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back