Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

I'm having a grumble about a housemate.

Yes I get that she doesn't like smokers. I'm a smoker and I don't like smokers. The rule is we can smoke in the wheelhouse or outside. If the weather is inclement, as it is right now, smoking in the wheelhouse is fine.,

Yet, she took the time to come upstairs and tell me how horrible my tobacco is. There is literally no way she could've smelled my cigarette smoke from her room. There's just no way.
But she seemingly did. And she made a point of it. In a murderously polite "Live Laugh Love" kinda way.

Maximum grump.

Booked a flight home. Not home really, but to Dublin. Now trying to meet up with siblings in Dublin if possible. It'd be cool to doss about the town for a bit if anyone was around. I could get a bus straight from the airport but that feels like a waste.

This younger brother of mine uses so many emoji's I really don't know what he's trying to tell me. I think he lives in Tullamore now, unless there's a town called 😎 Smiling Face with Sunglasses Emoji

there's a little rubber valve in our toilet cistern which goes every five years or so, and it's just gone again. means it takes about ten minutes for the cistern to fill, and the only place i could get the valve last time i looked was a plumbing supply place in ranelagh, apparently it's a stupidly rare german system. hope to god i can get another one now.
If they have them, buy like 5

Even after all these years Vodafone's website is still the most infuriating pile of shite .It just doesn't work.

Ive taken on the job of installing warm boards in a house before I paint it.

It is not nice work. Well,it's better today cos I remembered my respirator

It's nice to discover I'm still pretty fucking strong after all these years though. Pure old man strength.

But it's miserable

Ive taken on the job of installing warm boards in a house before I paint it.

It is not nice work. Well,it's better today cos I remembered my respirator

It's nice to discover I'm still pretty fucking strong after all these years though.

But it's miserable

just the dust and stuff, or more generally unpleasant?

It's nice to discover I'm still pretty fucking strong after all these years though. Pure old man strength.
I find that I'm (mostly) as strong as I was, but it's the pain rather than the lack of strength that stops me doing things. It's just so easy to hurt my joints/ligaments now, and it takes weeks/months to recover

I do hear and see this a lot. It's not just old man strength, it's knowing how to lift things properly, or just knowing what you can and can't do. Rather than being young dumb and full of cum, running around and injuring yourself.

Also, not so much me, but as the waistline expands it does give one a bit more heft.

When it comes to the heavy lifting type work, I'd much rather have a gang of lads in their 40's and 50's than a bunch of reckless youngers.

I'll put this here, because it's amazing: Once upon a time, I watched my grandad (then mid-eighties, not long before he passed), push a round bale of hay up a plank of timber, up onto another round bale, because he got bored of watching his grandkids struggle. That's about half a ton.

My sister is currently in the late stages of a very difficult pregnancy and won't now be delivering until next week, so her kids are at my folks and I'm mucking in to help mind them too.

It was decided this morning that they'll stay up here and have christmas with us (which will be lovely, a better Christmas then one just featuring two old people and their middle aged son).

However my current problem is arranging for Santy to divert his planned delivery from Waterford to Kildare. That is to say my sister needs to package everything up and get DPD arranged to get it all up here.

The presents from their parents can stay where they are, but in my mind Santy has to come to the right place.

I just logged into a place I buy records to check the status of my latest purchase and realise that in 2015 I bought the soundtrack album from Kill List

I have no memory of this or if I ever received the record

A bit late in the day to chase it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back