Minor complaints thread (13 Viewers)

I've been following free stuff on adverts for a while tryna economise a bit with the projects i have, and saw the almost the same thing play out last week. A user or two going hard on the free stuff page, and the relisting the stuff for sale days later.

There was a whole row under the listing and the outcome was very similar. In fairness i could probably have made a grand on the stuff people have given to me, but i actually needed all of it.
yeah, i've seen that, stuff i've given away for free presumably being snapped up with the intention to sell. no skin off my nose, they're doing me a favour and if they profit, so be it.
i got rid of a rug the other day on adverts. it was unusual in that it took half an hour for someone to request it. usually it's a matter of a couple of minutes.

Picked up a squier mini strat today, Christmas present for my nephews. Got it home and there's a high pitched rattle coming probably from under the scratch plate, most obvious playing an open e string, and also the bridge pickup is occasionally scratchy sounding. So will have to bring it back.
Simple enough - the saddle on the e string was badly adjusted and causing the rattle. Simple fix but had already started undoing itself as we were leaving so they were happy to swap the guitar.

I haven't listened in a while because of work but I will miss his show

He's played my song recommendations and read out my mails many times over the years

sorry to see him go. he was a national treasure as the brits would say.
him and twink on 'play the game' is burned into the soul of my childhood.

there's a little rubber valve in our toilet cistern which goes every five years or so, and it's just gone again. means it takes about ten minutes for the cistern to fill, and the only place i could get the valve last time i looked was a plumbing supply place in ranelagh, apparently it's a stupidly rare german system. hope to god i can get another one now.

"there's a little rubber valve in our toilet cistern
which goes every five years or so, and it's just gone again.
means it takes about ten minutes for the cistern
to fill,

and the only place i could get the valve last time i looked
was a plumbing supply place in ranelagh,
apparently it's a stupidly rare german system.

hope to god i can get another one now."

I think I've turned that into a poem. In the vaguest sense I've rhymed "cistern" with "system".

I think it's Heaney-ish.

"there's a little rubber valve in our toilet cistern
which goes every five years or so, and it's just gone again.
means it takes about ten minutes for the cistern
to fill,

and the only place i could get the valve last time i looked
was a plumbing supply place in ranelagh,
apparently it's a stupidly rare german system.

hope to god i can get another one now."

I think I've turned that into a poem. In the vaguest sense I've rhymed "cistern" with "system".

I think it's Heaney-ish.

“Railing against a cistern, emblematic of a system..
doomed by rubber widgets
And their eternal impermanence”

gasket, widget, thingamajig, whichever word falls,
is the word that consumes us all.

upon Thumped we overstretch,
While Argentina and the Netherlands subsume our wretch.

Cup of tea, on we go.

/end

Or something.

Hives had organised a day trip to Paris today for my 40th. Figured how could I be sad if I was eating cake there on my birthday.
Fucking Ryanair don’t know how to use the de mister button on the plane, and now I’m old and cakeless.

there's a little rubber valve in our toilet cistern which goes every five years or so, and it's just gone again. means it takes about ten minutes for the cistern to fill, and the only place i could get the valve last time i looked was a plumbing supply place in ranelagh, apparently it's a stupidly rare german system. hope to god i can get another one now.
Whenever you find a place that stocks them would you not just buy a rake of them?

i did buy two or three last time, but have run out. and i also asked about replacing the whole mechanism, and was told 'you'd probably need to replace the whole cistern'. so the valves were the road of least resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back